You’ll still have time to decorate your holiday table

Eileen Roche Tutorial on Stipple Jingle Bells

Here’s a tutorial on a fast easy centerpiece.  You can stitch this in about two hours, and then just slip your potted plant, floral bouquet or a glass vase of sparkly Christmas ornaments inside the tube. It’s a fast and easy way to dress up your table.

You’ll Need:

• Stipple! Jingle Bells Collection
  • One 9” x 30” quilt sandwich. For best results, measure your 5” x 7” hoop and cut your quilt sandwich 4” wider than the hoop.
  • Appliqué fabrics: green, red, white, yellow and soft gray
  • One 6 ½” x 22” strip of lining fabric
  • Four 1” x 6” sashing strips
  • One 2 ½” x 25” binding strip
  • Flour 4 ½” squares of cardboard or heavy duty cardstock

Instructions:

Stitch four Stipple! Jingle Bell blocks on the quilt sandwich, spacing the blocks 1” apart. Follow the color sequence instructions included in the Jingle Bell CD for making each block. Trim the blocks with ¼” seam allowance on all four sides.

Stipple Jingle Bell Tutorial - 1

Sew one sashing strip to the right edge of the first block, right sides together, and ¼” seam allowance.

Stipple Jingle Bell Tutorial - 2

Press.

Stipple Jingle Bell Tutorial - 3

Sew the second block to the sashing strip.

Stipple Jingle Bell Tutorial - 4

Add another sashing strip to the right edge of the second block.  Repeat for all four blocks.

Stipple Jingle Bell Tutorial - 5a

Sew the last block to the first block, creating a tube.

Stipple Jingle Bell Tutorial - 5

Bind the top edge. Set aside.

Fold and press under ½” on one long end of the 6 ½” x 22” lining strip. Sew the short ends of the strip, right sides together. Topstitch the folded edge.

Stipple Jingle Bell Tutorial - 6

Fold the lining strip into quarters and mark with pins. Place the lining strip over the quilted tube, aligning the bottom raw edges and matching the quarter marks to the sashing strips.

Stipple Jingle Bell Tutorial - 7

Sew with ¼” seam allowance.

Stipple Jingle Bell Tutorial - 8

Turn, press. Pin the lining at the sashing strips.

Stipple Jingle Bell Tutorial - 9

Stitch in the center of each sashing strip.

Stipple Jingle Bell Tutorial - 10

Insert card board squares.

Stipple Jingle Bell Tutorial - 11

Fold into a square; insert a candle or small plant.

Stipple Jingle Bell Tutorial - 12Enjoy your new centerpiece!

This week’s assignment

At EmbroideryOnline.com, you can choose from more than 40,000 professionally digitized and downloadable stock/licensed designs, premium embroidery card/CD/USB Stick collections, embroidery software applications and hardware, a rainbow of thread, glitz and other embroidery supplies 24 hours a day.

Post your comment about your favorite OESD item and one lucky winner will be randomly selected to win a $100 gift certificate for downloadable designs at EmbroideryOnline.com.

Win $100 in downloadable designs

57 Comments on You’ll still have time to decorate your holiday table

1. Beverly
    November 21, 2012 at 8:50 am (7 years ago)

I loved reading all the etips!!!

2. Connie W
    November 21, 2012 at 9:00 am (7 years ago)

Love the OESD stabilizers! Great products! And this quick centerpiece project using the jingle bell stipple blocks is adorable.

3. Lisa Moorman
    November 21, 2012 at 9:28 am (7 years ago)

I love the stipple designs (all of them). They are fun and unique for gifts.

4. Dee
    November 21, 2012 at 10:08 am (7 years ago)

What a great and quick idea!

5. Margie F.
    November 21, 2012 at 10:17 am (7 years ago)

I could spend hours looking at all of the designs — so amazing and with limitless possibilities!

6. Donna K
    November 21, 2012 at 11:07 am (7 years ago)

My favorite OESD product is NO SHOW MESH Stabilizer. It makes all of my quilt projects embroidery beautifully and the long arm doesn’t cough and sputter when I quilt.

7. Dell
    November 21, 2012 at 11:10 am (7 years ago)

I have been very pleased with various types of OESD stabilizers. They also have so many fabulous designs.

8. Cassandra Hammond
    November 21, 2012 at 12:22 pm (7 years ago)

Love everything, designs and articles.

9. Jane Anderson
    November 21, 2012 at 12:28 pm (7 years ago)

I really like the OESD stabilizers but I love the special Christmas Designs from OESD each year. The designs make are used for Christmas gifts for members of my family.
    Jane in KS

10. Maxine
    November 21, 2012 at 12:59 pm (7 years ago)

Love all the designs.

11. Carolyn Hutchinson
    November 21, 2012 at 1:01 pm (7 years ago)

I love the FSL Christmas village, especially the gazebo and little park bench!

12. Beth R
    November 21, 2012 at 1:51 pm (7 years ago)

I love the OESD Christmas design sets. They are all beautiful, especially the 2008 Christmas set.

13. Sally Richards
    November 21, 2012 at 3:38 pm (7 years ago)

wow, this looks great! Love to put that on my table! I love looking at all your items you have and have purchased many.
    Happy Thanksgiving! 🙂

14. Lisha Falk
    November 21, 2012 at 7:20 pm (7 years ago)

Love the vintage Christmas designs as well as the tree designs. I am crazy for Christmas designs. So many designs so little time!

15. Jill Hicks
    November 21, 2012 at 8:19 pm (7 years ago)

I really love the design collection Name Above All Names.

16. Debbie St.Germain
    November 21, 2012 at 8:50 pm (7 years ago)

I love the Christmas designs, they would be wonderful to do on a Christmas quilt for the quilting and as a design on the blocks.

Debbie

November 21, 2012 at 9:50 pm (7 years ago)

Love your Christmas project! OESD has some fantastic designs!
    Gail

18. Barbara Rowlan Wong
    November 21, 2012 at 10:13 pm (7 years ago)

I love all their Christmas designs! They also have a huge variety of designs its fun to window shop there. I’ve never purchased theor stanblizer but will sure be doing that in the future after all the great comments above!!!

19. Donna G.
    November 21, 2012 at 10:47 pm (7 years ago)

I like so many of their designs, but I especially like the FSL supply kits and collection CDs. My favorite is the FSL Victorian House.

20. Angela Taylor
    November 21, 2012 at 11:03 pm (7 years ago)

I have the 2008 collection 1, , 2, 3 and the 2010 from OECD also 123. Love love love the collections. They make the prettiest gifts people love to get. Keep them coming.

21. Cathy Rosynek
    November 21, 2012 at 11:18 pm (7 years ago)

Love the Christmas Village series of designs!

22. Sue Reed
    November 22, 2012 at 12:56 am (7 years ago)

Love this tutorial, awesome for decor or gift. I love using the OESD stabilizers. I really like the Christmas designs best! anything for the holidays. 🙂

23. Vicki Batty
    November 22, 2012 at 1:22 am (7 years ago)

Favourite OESD product that I have purchased is the Antique Cars design set. Twenty quality designs that stitch out so well (good pathing, lovely embossing in fill and satin areas). And two of the designs are of Rolls Royce motorcars – my husband’s favourite.

• Kelly Williams
      April 17, 2013 at 2:29 pm (7 years ago)

Desperately seeking the OESD Antique Cars design set. Do you know where I can find one?

24. gayle hill
    November 22, 2012 at 4:32 am (7 years ago)

I love stipple designs. That is going to be my next project.

25. Paula Roney
    November 22, 2012 at 6:32 am (7 years ago)

I love the Holiday Sculpted Fleece design set. I find myself using the simple designs without fill much more often for my projects.

26. Nancy N
    November 22, 2012 at 6:38 am (7 years ago)

I really like the new Bows design pack from OESD. They have really come out with some cool new designs.

27. Pam Jackson
    November 22, 2012 at 8:37 am (7 years ago)

What a cool site! I am loving the Christmas Tree Potpourri designs, they would make lots of nice Christmas items!

28. Enis
    November 22, 2012 at 10:28 am (7 years ago)

The designs are my favorite! There is always something for everyone and all your needs and they are so beautiful!

29. camie dehollan
    November 22, 2012 at 12:36 pm (7 years ago)

I love the Christmas Village which I discovered this year, making all 7 pieces available. The details and sew outs are wonderful. Enjoyed doing them as much as I enjoy giving it to my daughter-in-law.

30. Bonnie Gray
    November 22, 2012 at 4:17 pm (7 years ago)

Love the sculpted fleece designs!

31. Linda
    November 22, 2012 at 4:21 pm (7 years ago)

I love the Holiday Sculpted Fleece designs. I usually end up needing something quick to stitch and these designs are beautiful. Who would believe that they were quick to stitch!

32. Pam George
    November 22, 2012 at 5:25 pm (7 years ago)

I wait all year for the Christmas designs and then I make my Christmas presents for everyone. Two years ago I made 3 sets of the sleigh and reindeer sets. They turn out beautiful! My Mom likes her so well that it stays out all year long.
    When it get time for the set to be released each year, I stock up on stablizer for the year, so far it has work and I’ve had enough to get me thur till next holiday season!
    Thank you for all the wonderful work you do for us.
    Pam George

33. Jean
    November 22, 2012 at 5:37 pm (7 years ago)

Very cute plant holder design.

34. Nancy Owens
    November 22, 2012 at 6:24 pm (7 years ago)

I haven’t spent much time on the Embroidery Online because I haven’t spent much time learning to use the embroidery part of my wonderful machine. But I am not hopeless, I have goals! More embroidery in my life is up at the top of the list. I really love the project on the blog today, I want to make several of them! Thanks Eileen!

35. Sue Duisenberg
    November 23, 2012 at 10:50 am (7 years ago)

I really like the Christmas village designs. we have the tree and pond so far. very lacy and nice.

36. Deb
    November 23, 2012 at 10:51 am (7 years ago)

I like Isacord thread, I’ve never had problems with it. I also like the new design sets they have.

37. Judi
    November 23, 2012 at 2:53 pm (7 years ago)

Annual Christmas Collections and Crafters Collections are the best inspirations from OESD. Happy Holidays!

38. Doreen
    November 23, 2012 at 9:56 pm (7 years ago)

I like the designs

39. patricia
    November 24, 2012 at 10:57 am (7 years ago)

I love the annual Christmas Collection. They have the best designs and they stitch out nicely every time.

40. Sharon Aiken
    November 24, 2012 at 5:02 pm (7 years ago)

I especially love the Christmas collection from 2011.

41. Brenda Howard
    November 25, 2012 at 10:16 pm (7 years ago)

I love the Flutterbies in the Garden (Collection #78570)
    CRAFTER’S COLLECTION and all the e-tips they have on the site.

42. Paule-Marie
    November 26, 2012 at 12:59 am (7 years ago)

I like their e-tips. I did get a kick out of the Fear the Beard embroidery. I don’t know if it was meant for Christmas, but you sure could use it for that

43. ouida brown
    November 26, 2012 at 9:36 am (7 years ago)

Great – and simple idea!!! The annual Christmas Collection is always incredible!

44. LeAnne L
    November 27, 2012 at 8:57 am (7 years ago)

I really like their premier collections. Magic in the Air is my favorite this year.

45. Kay
    November 27, 2012 at 12:05 pm (7 years ago)

Confession time!!! I admit I have drooled a few times over the designs on their website. Wish I had an endless pile of $$$ to buy them all! They’re all so gorgeous!

46. Ann
    November 28, 2012 at 7:44 am (7 years ago)

Happy Holiday Stitching!

47. Doreen
    November 29, 2012 at 7:29 am (7 years ago)

I like the stabilizers and all the Christmas designs and animal designs. Well, I like it all.

48. Shelly C
    December 2, 2012 at 5:29 pm (7 years ago)

I love seeing all the projects and ideas!! Soemtimes I need inspiration

49. Terri Beck
    December 7, 2012 at 1:42 am (7 years ago)

I bought one of your older CD’s last year and it had a 3D snowflake that you had to put together by putting tiny little balls through tiny little eyelets. i about never got those things in there but it was totally worth it. It was beautiful!!! Any tricks to that if I want to make another one?
    Many blessings
    And Merry Christmas
    Terri

50. presentation pocket folders
    July 7, 2014 at 11:01 am (5 years ago)

I am glad for writing to make you understand what a fabulous discovery my wife’s child obtained reading through your web site. She realized lots of details, with the inclusion of how it is like to possess an excellent giving heart to let other folks very easily comprehend chosen complex subject matter. You undoubtedly exceeded our expectations. Many thanks for churning out these warm and helpful, trusted, edifying and even unique tips on that topic to Jane.

51. bentonite clay mask
    July 12, 2014 at 5:08 am (5 years ago)

I was extremely pleased to locate this site. I wanted to thanks for your time for this wonderful read!! I absolutely enjoying just about every small bit of it and I have you bookmarked to have a look at new stuff you blog post.

52. [url=http://www.ooobag.com/wallet/louisvuitton/index_14.html]リンデの心は、彼らのムーンウォッチコレクションに加えていると、はい、あなたが尋ねる)-―がなされるだけで59へ行くことができる前に、月に2日間のサイクル数。ショパール時計コピー新しいリンデホワイトゴールドとブラックを始めたシリーズの最新の繰り返しで、ゴールド版の刻まれた18 kの形で見続けたfunkierで上昇した。スマートな方向に行って、このリンデ白く見えるパリッとしてすべてのビットとして冷静にその前任者として。[/url]

53. [url=http://www.fujisanbrand.com/wallet/vuitton/index_12.html]スーパーコピーロレックス,品質保証も安心のロレックスコピー通販サイトHoshiwatch.CoM.ロレックススーパーコピー時計続々入荷中!!!当店は本物と区分けが付かないようなN品スーパーコピーロレックス腕時計等を扱っております.[/url]

54. [url=http://www.ooobag.com/watch/jacob/250a3b28b490109c.html]Hamilton漢ミルトン表とイタリアヨット神話リーヴァ署名ブランドグローバル協力協議に宣言して、未来の協力関係。ウブロ時計コピー首の波の協力は、2007年末に導入するHamiltonをリーヴァヨット船体ディテールが霊感を構築し、「リーヴァtimed by Hamilton」シリーズの腕時計。[/url]

55. [url=http://www.gowatchs.com/brand-214.html]ティソは、スイスのイータunitas 6497手動巻き機械的運動として始まった。この運動は、しばしば選ばれるとき、白骨化はそれがすべてどのように働くのを見る多くのその内臓を掻き出すように本当にできました。それさえ巧みに白骨化したと刻まれたときは非常に美しく見えます基本的な運動を助けます。どんなティソここでしました。完全に白骨化した腕時計を提供します、しかし、1つのことをまだ読みやすいです。部分のダイヤルの詳細は以下の機転で時間と分の指標の全てを持つことになる。ロレックス スーパーコピー ブラックまたはシルバーダイヤルと来て、ティソのスポーティ・ローマ数字としては、24時間の時間分のフルスケールを使用しています。ダイヤルに切って、さかさまのキノコに似ている。この窓は時間に干渉しない、そして、あなたは右に移動します。[/url]

56. [url=http://www.fujisanbrand.com/watch/bvlgari/index_3.html]ブランドコピー時計 おかしいことは、すなわち、ので、私はまだ映画を見ていないと映画でありません特に習慣を着てwatneyの腕時計の説明から入手可能である(彼は宇宙服を着ていないとき)私はこのカーキネイビー腕時計は、映画の中でどのように突出したか本当にわかりません。しかし、私はそれをいくつかの良いスクリーン時間を得ます。ハミルトンは、マット・デイモンは、映画の中の時計を着用することを本当に確認しました。[/url]