Change is Challenging!

headerWe don’t always embrace change and in fact, many times we resist as long as we can.  Designs in Machine Embroidery has been connecting with you on our website for almost 15 years. Imagine the growth that has occurred during that time. We’ve transformed from a small web presence to a digital destination for thousands of embroiderers.  We’ve grown up but our website was stuck in the dark ages (oh my, can you really say that about the digital age already?).  The old site was clunky, difficult to navigate and not very intuitive.

So what did we do? We pulled off a major overhaul of the site and today’s version is clean, organized and user-friendly.  You’ll see all of the content you enjoyed on the old site but now it’s easier to find. If you had an account on our previous site the new site will know you but will ask for a new password to log-in – some things just have to be updated.  You should have received an email asking you to activate your account and chose a new password with a coupon for $10.00 off your first purchase + a free design. If you need another activation email sent please let us know by clicking here.

Once on the new site you can choose from any of our products or you can subscribe to our magazine, Designs in Machine Embroidery. If you are already a subscriber we’ve added new tools to manage your subscription. You can now renew or update your mailing address all online!  The new website makes that very simple and it’s been on our wish list for ages! Simply select the Manage My Subscription option from the main Magazine menu.

When you go to http://www.dzgns.com, this is the page that will greet you.

To access the magazine, newsletter, blog or free designs, just click on the category and you’ll jump to that page.

After listening to readers like you, we realized improvements were greatly needed on the products pages. Products are now easy to find, click on Shop Now to view the drop down menu and just click on the category you are interested in. You can also browse through our entire product selection by clicking on Shop Now and then All Products. You’ll find books, tools, hoops and more.

You’ll land on this page and then you can cruise to whatever product area you’d like. We’ve vastly improved the hoop area. Now you can select the type of hoop, manufacturer and size in just a few clicks.

We hope you’ll enjoy the new and improved site and be on the lookout we’ve got more changes in store including a newly branded look for the packaging in our product line. It’s an exciting time at Designs and we are thrilled for you to be along for the ride. As a token of our appreciation for your loyalty we’d like to offer you 10% off of future purchase just use coupon code dimeshop at checkout.

Take a look around at the new website and let us know what you think. Leave your comments below and one random comment will be selected to receive a $25 gift certficate to spend on the new DIME website!

The winner of last week’s assignment is:

Sealed With a Stitch specializes in embroidery collections, but we want to know which one is your favorite. Come check them out and let us know which one tops your list. Six lucky winners will get a $25 gift certificate code to use at Sealed With A Stitch!

And the winners are…Terri, E.Costello, Lorel M, Nancy W, Valerie B. and Ruth P. Congrautations and enjoy your prize!

55 Comments on Change is Challenging!

1. Beth
    June 26, 2013 at 3:23 pm (6 years ago)

I love the new website!

• Ruth
      July 2, 2013 at 10:37 am (6 years ago)

Oh my, I truly love the new website. It makes it very easy to embrace the “Changes”. lol It’s neat and clean, easy to navigate and provides a wealth of informative materials. To the folks at DIME I give you a hearty hug and a big thank you for connecting with us for the last 15 years. You’ve brought us innovative changes, and learning tips and aids just to mention a couple of the wonderful things that DIME offers us. The bright, colorful pages are a delight. Thank you for being you!

2. Marilyn Weiss
    June 26, 2013 at 3:30 pm (6 years ago)

Congratulations on the wonderful new website. Love the clear,clean lines of the website and especially love the nice big icons–don’t need my glasses to find what I’m looking for!

3. Carolyn H
    June 26, 2013 at 4:25 pm (6 years ago)

Great new site. So user friendly!!!

4. Susan Novak
    June 26, 2013 at 7:45 pm (6 years ago)

New site is very easy to use. Plus it seems faster than your old site. I like it a lot.

5. Jean
    June 26, 2013 at 9:05 pm (6 years ago)

Change is good!

6. Darlene Khosrowpour
    June 26, 2013 at 9:40 pm (6 years ago)

Love your site! Very nice.

7. Donna G.
    June 26, 2013 at 9:59 pm (6 years ago)

Love it! Especially like the layout and ease of finding things. Great job!

June 26, 2013 at 10:21 pm (6 years ago)

Love your new website update. It is so easy to navigate and colorful.

Gail

9. Linda Seemann-Korte
    June 27, 2013 at 12:04 am (6 years ago)

Love the new website! Easy to navigate – very impressive!

10. Barbara McKenzie
    June 27, 2013 at 2:10 am (6 years ago)

For the most part, I like the new website, but I find that the scrolling headline is a little too fast – by the time I read it and tried to click on the link, it scrolled on to the next subject and I had to start over. Otherwise, looks good!

• JJ
      June 28, 2013 at 6:29 pm (6 years ago)

If you move your mouse either to the left side (to go to last item) or the right side until an arrow appears you can scroll through them and when you do it will cause it to stop until you click the arrows to continue. Hope this helps.

11. Joanie
    June 27, 2013 at 2:30 am (6 years ago)

I love the new website, very easy to navigate and it’s quite colorful.

12. Kim
    June 27, 2013 at 4:33 am (6 years ago)

This was my first visit…I am new to machine embroidery! I am having a blast but there is definitely a learning curve and I don’t even think I’ve made it to the curve part yet 🙂

13. Betty
    June 27, 2013 at 4:50 am (6 years ago)

Love the new website. They say change is good. Great job!

14. Gaila C
    June 27, 2013 at 5:10 am (6 years ago)

The new website is so much easier to navigate and find what I’m looking for.

15. Sandi Cunningham
    June 27, 2013 at 5:18 am (6 years ago)

Wonderful! You’re moving on up in the embroidery world. Cannot wait for my magazine subscription to begin again so I don’t miss a thing.

16. Pam
    June 27, 2013 at 6:09 am (6 years ago)

Love the new site!

17. Peggy R
    June 27, 2013 at 6:48 am (6 years ago)

Terrific job !! Everything is colorful, easy to navigate, and your products are wonderful.

18. Bonnie Gray
    June 27, 2013 at 7:55 am (6 years ago)

Very clean design and easy to get around the site. Good job!

19. Christine Gibbons
    June 27, 2013 at 8:28 am (6 years ago)

Wonderful job. By updating the site viewers will notice things they haven’t seen before.

20. Patty Sack
    June 27, 2013 at 8:50 am (6 years ago)

I love the new website! Everything is so much easier and faster to get to. Great job!

21. Jennifer P
    June 27, 2013 at 8:59 am (6 years ago)

great new design for the “designs” team~! Would really appreciate the flat magnetic hoop for the Janome 350e (Elna 8300) connection too. Thanks for your dedication to the machine embroidery world.

22. Rosalyn
    June 27, 2013 at 9:33 am (6 years ago)

Love the changes. The site is easier to get around.

23. Shirley Clark
    June 27, 2013 at 11:03 am (6 years ago)

I love it and especially the shopping page. It so easy to see and find the information about the products.

24. BETTY SMITH
    June 27, 2013 at 11:06 am (6 years ago)

Much easier to navigate. Still looking for an index of articles in DIME as I have all but the first issue and frequently review older magazines for ideas and hints. Maybe the “Embroidery Techniques” or catagories will suffice for now. Love the mag!

25. Lisa Garcia
    June 27, 2013 at 11:39 am (6 years ago)

Love the new site! Congrats!

26. Carol Seavitt
    June 27, 2013 at 1:37 pm (6 years ago)

Just clicking on the blog at the top takes you right to all the most recent blogs. Love it. And then the different categories at the side — wonderful. My fav though is the tab labeled embroidery techniques. Thank you for making our embroidery lives easier.

27. Carolyn Hutchinson
    June 27, 2013 at 2:57 pm (6 years ago)

Very nice! It looks quite modern.

28. Anne Marie Reilly
    June 27, 2013 at 3:13 pm (6 years ago)

Love the new website! Easier to navigate. The techniques section will become a great resource for me. Thanks for all the work that went into this improvement.

29. Linda Armenti
    June 27, 2013 at 4:15 pm (6 years ago)

I like it, it’s clean and fresh looking which makes it easy to read. Having enough “space” to rest your eyes makes a huge difference. It’s easy to navigate and I was able to go all over easily. Great work!

30. Kathy
    June 27, 2013 at 6:09 pm (6 years ago)

I found the new site easy to navigate and I always like what you have to offer

31. Virginia E Joseph
    June 27, 2013 at 6:45 pm (6 years ago)

I like the new website and think it will be easy to use. The one thing I could not locate and would like to see is a spot to “logout.” Other than that it is great.

32. Vici Fallin
    June 27, 2013 at 10:29 pm (6 years ago)

I Love the “new DIME”, good clean lines, really easy to navigate,found my product, and comparisons quickly and ordered smooth operation. I do not know why but the whole process seemed easier.

33. Mary Haggenmaker
    June 28, 2013 at 9:17 am (6 years ago)

Really nice. Easy to navigate with a really good quick response when you click on a subject.

34. Patty J.
    June 28, 2013 at 9:45 am (6 years ago)

Since I am often in places where machine embroidery information and supplies are nonexistent, I appreciate that you’ve made a more user-friendly site. Information and products will be even easier to access, and that’s a treasure. Thanks so much for expending the effort to revamp this site.

35. Kim M Harrington
    June 28, 2013 at 5:38 pm (6 years ago)

I generally dont trust emails that tell me to click on a link and update anything, so I came to the website myself and updated. It looks great. I can usually find what I am looking for, but this will make it even better.

36. JJ
    June 28, 2013 at 6:37 pm (6 years ago)

Really enjoy your new website design. Simple to use so can spend more time shopping or reading your blog because the prompts take you there quickly. Nice job. Thanks

37. Cheryl Lindemann
    June 28, 2013 at 8:31 pm (6 years ago)

Fantastic!!!

38. debe
    June 28, 2013 at 9:50 pm (6 years ago)

I agree the new site is very user friendly. Thanks for all your hard work & time in doing this.

39. Beth R
    June 29, 2013 at 6:08 am (6 years ago)

Yep, change is hard to swallow sometimes – but you all did a great job with the new website! Here’s to the future!

40. Sally Red
    June 29, 2013 at 8:26 am (6 years ago)

The website is user friendly, informative and fun! Thanks for all the hard work in accomplishing that feat!

41. Susan
    June 29, 2013 at 9:39 am (6 years ago)

Great new website. Very easy to move around and find things.

42. Pascale
    June 29, 2013 at 5:56 pm (6 years ago)

I like the new website! It is very easy to navigate. I especially liked the digital download of the magazine.
    I have been wondering what to do with all my printed magazines (back to vol 6) and would like to know if they are available in digital format as well.

43. Kari
    June 29, 2013 at 9:32 pm (6 years ago)

I love how easy it is to find products (Snaphoop Monster is calling me) and download the free designs. Nice work!

44. Louise Mahoney
    June 30, 2013 at 12:04 am (6 years ago)

Wow – love the new website! It looks fresh,new and VERY appealing. I love that I can easily see on the home page where to find everything, and can easily click through to the section that I want. I love the look of the ‘Shop’ page with the fabric background and very clear, intuitive departments. Everything is so clearly laid out within the departments it is like going into a brand new shop! I am a bit disappointed that I cannot find the old digital issues of the magazine to read, but perhaps I have not found them yet. Regardless, I think the new website is a great improvement and congratulations on the big step!

45. Judy O'Dell
    July 1, 2013 at 1:32 pm (6 years ago)

I like the new design. I would love to see a list of sewing classes, workshops, etc. added. I would also like to see a list of embroidery and applique sites listed.

46. Pam Rohlfs
    July 1, 2013 at 8:38 pm (6 years ago)

Great! Easy to get around. Thanks!

47. Marjorie Paul
    July 2, 2013 at 12:39 pm (6 years ago)

I have a new Kindle! I told my husband I needed it to download my magazines, so he got it for me! Wonderfully, I can now download “Designs in Machine Embroidery!” Is so exciting! Congratulations to all of you. You’ve done a wonderful job.

48. Pam
    July 2, 2013 at 3:34 pm (6 years ago)

Congrats on 15 years. It doesn’t feel like it should be that long. Thank you for all you have taught me. My embroidery is much better because of you. I love the new website! Thanks again.

49. Doreen
    July 2, 2013 at 7:59 pm (6 years ago)

Wow! That is so impressive. I like how everything is divided and so easy maneuver. Unfortunately the all products tab makes me want way to many things. Hopefully, some day I win the lottery I can get it all.

50. Bernadette Webre
    July 3, 2013 at 6:26 am (6 years ago)

I agree with everyone’s comments. The new website is great, so much better, fast and easy to navigate. Great job!

51. Becky O.
    July 5, 2013 at 9:48 pm (6 years ago)

I agree with Louise (June 30) – I can’t find the digital magazines – glad I haven’t discarded my entire back run in paper. I hope you will issue a CD with all the back issues that we can load on our computers. I don’t have an e-reader of any kind, and prefer to use my desktop (I know – how old-school!) But the new design of the website is very fresh and clean, and generally easier to navigate.

52. LeAnne L
    July 9, 2013 at 12:49 pm (6 years ago)

Love the new layout. Crisp and clean. Very easy to find things with the breakdown of product categories.

53. Barbara
    July 10, 2013 at 2:40 pm (6 years ago)

Nice blog.