I spent a fun-filled weekend in Louisville last year and learned there’s something for everybody in that town – sports fans, foodies and embroiderers! I’m very excited about going back to Louisville and this time I’m taking my Stitching Sister with me. We’re going to have a blast with the Smocking Shop team for two full days of stitching, sharing and camaraderie. The Smocking Shop told me the other day that they want to keep the event small and intimate. To make sure every student feels pampered they are limiting the enrollment and only a few spots remain. Click here to learn more. I hope you’ll join us. We’ll be teaching our favorite techniques and we’re getting an early start on holiday stitching. We’ve uncovered the best techniques for embroidering tricky holiday projects like stockings, faux fur and more. After a weekend with the Stitching Sisters, you’ll be ready to tackle any holiday project.
Here are my top 10 reasons to visit Louisville.
10. Rub shoulders with Oprah Winfrey, George Clooney, Bobby Flay or David Letterman at world-famous Graeter’s Ice Cream. I can’t wait to stand in line at Graeter’s and see the flavor of the day!
9. Enjoy the official drink of the Kentucky Derby – a mint julep.
8. Pay homage to the NCAA men’s basketball champions – the University of Louisville Cardinals.
7. Get an engraved Louisville Slugger baseball bat.
6. Take a carriage ride through the quant old section of downtown Louisville.
5. Get your photo taken with the world’s largest baseball bat.
4. Tour the hallowed grounds of Churchill Downs.
3. Hone your skills for upcoming holiday stitching.
2. Shop at the Smocking Shop.
1. Spend two fun days with the Stitching Sisters.