Doodles!

Have you checked out the free design in the August Designs Plus Newsletter?  Our sponsor, EmbroideryOnline donated a design from one of their newest collections, the Doodle Line Quilting collection.  The Doodle Flowers Centerpiece is yours free to download and enjoy from the Designs Plus Newsletter!  (Read on to find out details!)

We were excited to try the design so here’s a peek at what we’ve been up to.  The design is a breeze to stitch—so we stitched a set in 4 different thread colors.

Then we were inspired by the name of the collection and thought it would be fun to stitch the design on white fabric with black thread—then we colored in the doodles using Copic markers.

Click here to check out the latest Designs Plus Newsletter and to download the free design courtesy of EmbroideryOnline.com

Did you know we have a new sponsor every month that gives away a free design in the Designs Plus Newsletter?  Join our mailing list to make sure you don’t miss out!  Click here to join.

Have you stitched the free design featured in the August Designs Plus Newsletter yet?  Post your creations on our Facebook page!

16 Comments on Doodles!

August 12, 2013 at 9:31 pm (6 years ago)

Love the idea of coloring the quilt designs with pens.
    Gail

2. Joanie
    August 13, 2013 at 12:13 am (6 years ago)

I think that’s a great idea, with all the inks and inktense pencils available, that would be really fun!!

August 13, 2013 at 8:36 am (6 years ago)

What a cute idea! Makes me feel like a kid again. Hugs. Nan

4. Lorel Maple
    August 13, 2013 at 8:52 am (6 years ago)

I like the idea of letting the design line ‘speak’ instead of the fill stitches. It’s easy on the eye. Your use of pastel ink compliments the design as well. I think this collection is a keeper!

5. MARY ANN
    August 13, 2013 at 10:46 am (6 years ago)

I have seen the coptic inks. Can you use that on something you will wash?

• Denise Holguin
      August 14, 2013 at 11:40 am (6 years ago)

Hi Mary Ann,
      I did a search and found this information on the Copic Marker site

“Why is alcohol based different than water based?
      When water-based markers are layered and blended they tear up the surface of most papers. Alcohol inks do not harm the paper surface. They can be layered and blended on surfaces other than paper as well. Alcohol inks are waterproof and will not wash away.”

Here’s a link to the Copic Marker FAQ: http://copicmarker.com.au/faq/

It’s probably a good idea to test some fabric just to be sure.

Denise

• MARY ANN
        August 14, 2013 at 2:34 pm (6 years ago)

Thank you so much for responding to my question

6. Doree Shandera
    August 22, 2013 at 12:00 pm (6 years ago)

Really is a great idea. Also a fun project for a child to help with. What could be better than coloring together!!!!

7. AnnaPeng
    August 30, 2013 at 8:10 pm (6 years ago)

Lost Goods →『Stipple! Bridge Club』
    How to do?

8. Betty
    September 12, 2013 at 5:28 pm (6 years ago)

I am new to all this and would love to have the doodles but can’t figure out how to get it.

9. Albertina
    October 13, 2014 at 10:04 pm (5 years ago)

excellent issues altogether, you simply won a logo new reader.
    What may you recommend in regards to your post that you just made some days ago?
    Any positive?

10. online free classified
    November 15, 2014 at 2:21 am (5 years ago)

Unquestionably believe that that you stated. Your favorite justification seemed to
    be on the internet the simplest factor to remember of.
    I say to you, I certainly get irked at the same time as folks think about
    issues that they just don’t know about. You controlled
    to hit the nail upon the top and also outlined out the entire thing without having side effect , people
    can take a signal. Will likely be back to get more.

11. event proposal
    January 5, 2015 at 10:17 pm (5 years ago)

We recommend that you use a good Wedding Budget Planner to keep track of all the expenses.
    Let me tell you that with all the son, the lead of a jacket are a real battlefield when trying.
    Some rely on props; some give the pictures a retro sensation.

12. Bradley
    February 7, 2015 at 12:12 pm (4 years ago)

Thanks for ones marvelous posting! I genuinely enjoyed reading it,
    you are a grreat author. I will make sure to bookmark your blog andd will often come baack later in life.
    I want to encourage you to continue your great work, have a nice
    day!

13. new mlm company
    February 9, 2015 at 9:37 pm (4 years ago)

An outstanding share! I have just forwarded this onto a colleague who was doing a little research on this.
    And he actually ordered me lunch simply because
    I stumbled upon it for him… lol. So let me reword this….

Thanks for the meal!! But yeah, thanks for spending some time to talk about this
    subject here on your web page.

14. carisma
    February 12, 2015 at 4:07 am (4 years ago)

Hi friends, its enormous article regarding educationand fully explained, keep it
    up all the time.