Embroidered Infinity Scarf

September 4, 2013
By

A huge shout out of gratitude to all of our Blog tour stops –Peas in a Pod, Riley Blake Designs, Nancy Zieman, We all Sew, Stitched by Crystal and Totally Stitching. The Be the Difference Foundation is honored to have all of these talented women participate in the drive to spread the awareness of ovarian cancer. Thank you!

Splash a little color on a trendy infinity scarf with feminine scrolls. This lightly-digitized design is part of a larger design and flows fluidly on this delicate rayon fabric.

Materials

• One purchased infinity scarf
  • Water soluble mesh-type stabilizer
  • Embroider a Cure embroidery design #BTD005
  • Embroidery editing software

Open design BTD005 in embroidery editing software.

Select one scroll portion of the design.

Open a new screen and paste the scroll into the sewing field.

Rotate the design to make it easier to hoop.

Print a few templates of the design and audition them on the scarf. You might find it helpful to put the scarf on your neck, in the style you’ll wear, and place the templates in visible areas. Some of the embroidery will be buried in the twists and folds of the fabric but with a little planning you can make sure your embroidery will not be hidden.

Hoop the scarf with water soluble stabilizer and stitch the design. Rehoop as necessary until your embellishment is complete. My sample has 10 designs.

Trim the stabilizer close to the embroidery and rinse away the remainder. Once dry, press and wear!

Leave a comment below about your favorite scarf on the Love My Scarf Blog Tour and what inspired you to create one of your own! One lucky winner will receive this beautiful butterfly pin created on behalf of the Brookharts family in memory of their wife and mother, Joanne. If you’d like to pick up one for yourself or a friend you can do so here.

The winner of last week’s assignment is:

Tell us how you store your thread! We’d love to know if you keep it neat and organized by color, randomly piled in a plastic bin, kept on dowels – tell us! One random comment will be chosen to receive a $25.00 gift certificate to spend at the DIME store online. Good luck!

And the winner is…JJ “My thread is in plastic zip bags that came with my sheets and pillow cases. Some are large so I have embroidery thread in them and the smaller ones hold metallic or other varieties that I don’t have a large assortment. My serger thread is in a plastic bin. I too am on the look-out for something better but these work and it is recycling so it makes me feel good about using something I already have on hand.”

Email this post Email this post

Placement Guides, Alignment Marks, Placement Marks, What’s the Difference?
Nancy Zieman’s Sew Knits with Confidence Blog Tour
Momma's Embroidered Do-Rag

Tags: , , , , , ,

29 Responses to Embroidered Infinity Scarf

1. mad14kt on September 4, 2013 at 11:38 am

It is a honor to see so many lovely Infinity Scarves. I really admire the one over at “Peas In A Pod”. The colors are AWESOME ;)

It’s a GREAT blessing to be able to sew and share this LOVE with someone who is a stranger. I have several ideas that I want to do for mines by using embroidery and color.

2. Cande Gordon on September 4, 2013 at 3:21 pm

My favorite is the Nancy Zieman scarf. It is easy to do and looked to be comforting to these ladies that need a reminder that there are other people besides your family who care.

3. Agnes B. Bullock on September 5, 2013 at 7:19 am

I really like the infinity scarf- would never have imagined being able to embroider a purchased one

4. Donna on September 5, 2013 at 8:22 am

They all were very nice. As I saw each one I thought this is my favorite then I saw your infinity scarf and Its my favorite. For easy and quick though I like the traiangle one that Stitched by Crystal did.

5. Patty Sack on September 5, 2013 at 1:00 pm

I like the infinity scarf best of all! I can see all kinds of things to do with it!

6. Karen W on September 6, 2013 at 8:41 pm

The scarf is beautiful and the scroll design is so delicate and doesn’t overload the scarf.

7. Maureen OReilly on September 16, 2013 at 6:42 pm

I too love the infinity scarf. I think I will make one for myself
    as I too am fighting Non Hodgekins lymphoma at present. I am nearing my last chemo treatment and I think it will be just perfect
    for the beginning of fall in rusts and golds.

8. fat on September 18, 2013 at 1:00 am

I sadly have belly-fat and dont feel comfortable using my shirt off. I Would like to seem good with my shirt off… other than the apparent stay ups, any recommendation?.|What are some great excersizes to get rid of belly-fat and also make my abs appear sexy again?

9. Embroidery on September 20, 2013 at 4:30 am

Hello I am so grateful I found your weblog, I really found you by error, while I was searching on Askjeeve for something else,
    Regardless I am here now and would just like to say thank you for a tremendous blog.

10. セイコー ブライツ on October 10, 2013 at 9:55 pm

seiko 8l35

11. Medela Symphony Container Stand For Pump 8100552 on December 4, 2013 at 12:54 pm

Sweet blog! I found it while browsing on Yahoo News.
    Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
    I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to
    get there! Thank you

12. Custom Embroidery Digitizing on December 24, 2013 at 10:09 am

Love to remarkable scarf designs.
    The colours applied them are awesome. I have other ideas if someone want to share them.

13. coconut oil for stretch marks during pregnancy on January 26, 2014 at 4:35 pm

This can be corrected by doing pelvic floor coconut oil for
    stretch marks exercises to avoid any type of specialist for surgery should not
    be a new statement since almost all kinds of skin and do not
    require medical treatment. It will require a maintenance process too.
    Giving birth is the most effective laser treatment for stretch marks generously on the affected areas.

14. geile sexdate on January 28, 2014 at 6:24 am

This info is fantastic for us. Thnx for publishing this information. Your topic is perfect.

15. google api key on March 21, 2014 at 6:05 pm

My spouse and I stumbled over here different web address
    and thought I may as well check things out. I like what
    I see so now i’m following you. Look forward to finding
    out about your web page yet again.

16. amateur video on March 27, 2014 at 6:21 pm

A pitch video is also used in presentation as companies are often required to do presentations if they have to strike
    a deal with another company, which is becoming a popular practice among businessmen.
    Drag it freely to set movement orbit for add pip effects.
    You can have video snippets in your final product, but they are mainly offered as picture-in-picture.

17. Vemma on March 27, 2014 at 8:52 pm

I’m not sure where you’re getting your info, but good topic.
    I needs to spend some time learning much more or
    understanding more. Thanks for excellent info I was looking for this information for my mission.

18. 300 La naissance d un Empire telecharger on April 5, 2014 at 11:49 pm

You could definitely see your expertise within the article you write.
    The arena hopes for more passionate writers like you who are
    not afraid to mention how they believe. All the time follow your heart.

19. Villageoffallriver-Chamber.com on April 10, 2014 at 12:36 am

Hello, I think your blog might be having browser compatibility issues.
    When I look at your blog in Firefox, it looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer,
    it has some overlapping. I just wanted to give you a quick heads up!
    Other then that, fantastic blog!

20. data-recovery-reviews.co.uk on April 16, 2014 at 3:39 pm

What i don’t understood is in truth how you are not really much
    more smartly-preferred than you might be right now.

You’re very intelligent. You know therefore considerably with regards to this
    subject, made me in my opinion believe it from a lot of various angles.

Its like women and men don’t seem to be interested
    until it’s one thing to do with Woman gaga!
    Your individual stuffs nice. All the time handle it up!

21. black ops 2 free download on April 29, 2014 at 12:54 pm

These are genuinely ǥreat ideas іn ɑbout blogging.
    You have tojched ѕome goοd thinɡs here. Aոy աay
    krep up wrinting.

22. Virtual Router on May 26, 2014 at 3:59 am

216801 is an IP address that is used by most network device producers to set as default Internet Protocol deal
    with for home broadband customers. Actually, this router was initially designed for home purpose only and is not for official purpose.

A router is another device that hooks up multiple computers to one modem,
    provides internal IP addresses to all such computers and provides
    firewall protection on the network.

23. short hairstyles on June 6, 2014 at 1:01 am

I have read so many articles regarding the blogger lovers except this piece of writing is actually a pleasant article, keep it up.

24. MaryLu's on June 6, 2014 at 10:55 am

Glad to see this post! Embroidered infinity scarf is one of a kind. Embroidered is like an infinity scarf, very flexible and good for everything. It was so beautiful; your embroidered infinity scarf is perfect. Thank you for sharing!

25. Http://Best-Black-Hairstyles.Com on June 15, 2014 at 2:46 am

Thanks in support of sharing such a pleasant opinion, paragraph is good, thats why i have read it entirely

26. Duane on June 16, 2014 at 2:35 am

Everyone loves it when individuals come together and share views.
    Great website, stick with it!

27. t-shirt iphone cases on July 8, 2014 at 4:06 pm

However, keep in mind that, just like Apple’s program, you need to sign-up for a new 2-year contract with Sprint, Verizon, AT&T; or sign up for
    one of the store’s prepaid plans. The new i –
    OS7 allows you to click the volume DOWN button to
    focus when you use the camera. Users can choose any elements;
    the app will show different objects made from that element.

28. drug addiction on July 10, 2014 at 12:15 am

Thankfulness to my father who stated to me regarding this web site, this web site is
    truly amazing.

29. print on July 10, 2014 at 6:13 am

These are really fantastic ideas in on the topic
    of blogging. You have touched some good things here. Any way keep up wrinting.