Holiday Linen Update

header-image

I’m working on some new holiday kitchen towels. After all these years of using the same holiday linens, I think it’s time for an update. Here’s a look at some of the lettering I’ve been working on in software. This week, I plan to gather my materials, test the designs and then finish by Monday. But I’d love to have a little assistance from you.

I want to know what font pictured below is your favorite (Chose A, B, C or D) and what color scheme do you prefer? Traditional red and green? Gold and silver? Refashioned vintage aqua and red? Blue and silver? If you have another favorite combo, please share!

Christmas-a

Joy-b

Merry-c

Peace-d

I’m planning on making a set similar to the vintage elegant towels I did a year ago for my niece. This time around, I’m using holiday designs, fabrics and threads.

Vintage-1

But if you know me, my favorite part is gathering the ribbons and fabrics. Here’s a look at materials I used for the days of the week towels.

Ribbons-1

Ruffles-1

It’s fun to weed through my stash and find long lost holiday novelty fabric. I don’t buy those types of fabrics too often but when I do, I hold onto them. They always come in handy at this time of year.  I’ll be looking for colorful prints with small to medium size motifs. Since the ruffles are only 4” wide, you won’t see a lot of the print.  Same goes with the ribbons.

So let me know what direction to take! I can’t wait to get stitching.

Leave a comment below about which font is your favorite from above, choose A, B, C, or D and if you have a favorite color scheme. One comment will be chosen to receive a $25 coupon code to use at Hoop Sisters!

Rachel-for-Blog

The winner of last week’s assignment:

It’s time to take a look at your design collection!  Tell us what embroidery design theme you seem to collect the most. Do you favor flowers, birds, quilt blocks, redwork, fruits, vegetables, dogs, cats, monograms, lettering, fish, Christmas, lace, borders, frames, etc.  Post your comment for a chance to win a $25 shopping spree on the Designs in Machine Embroidery website.

The winner is Nancy, with her comment:  “I have a lot of heirloom type designs. I love embroidering dainty designs on baby items. Next I have many tiny designs to embroider on my granddaughter’s socks, they are so cute. I also like to embroider the freestanding ornaments to tie to napkin holders during the holidays.”

234 Comments on Holiday Linen Update

1. Susan Weber
    November 20, 2013 at 10:32 am (6 years ago)

I prefer font “C” and would do traditional or variations of gold, silver, and blue.

• Kathy Dahl
      November 21, 2013 at 7:33 am (6 years ago)

The towels are so fancy, I would hesitate to use them. I like b. Green, gold and browns mix well with what I do in the kitchen. I think I would do this on towels in green or brown so stains would not be a problem.

• Jacqueline Curtis
      November 21, 2013 at 11:48 am (6 years ago)

I like ‘C’ the best. For the days of the week towels I like the material you have on the Friday on the bottom picture with the pinks and then for the trim ribbon the one with the various colored polka dots, to give it a bit of zing.

• Joan bloecher
      November 21, 2013 at 12:18 pm (6 years ago)

Definitely “D” Red and green are still my favorite but sometimes these colors don’t go well with my other decorating schemes so then I use gold or silver.

• Teresa
      November 21, 2013 at 1:07 pm (6 years ago)

Love font B – easy to read and easy to decorate, if you wish.

• Beverly Murphy
      November 26, 2013 at 2:29 pm (6 years ago)

This is hard I like them all!! But if I have to pick just one………It would be C Merry Christmas. I just got some great variegated thread it’s green and red and it has some gold in it to. I have white towels with a lite green border and red dots. I think that would look very Christmissy.. ( my own word LOL )
      Bev ^j^

• Jo Williams
      December 1, 2013 at 9:48 am (6 years ago)

I love the ribbon on the top to hide the gathering stitching..don’t know why I never thought of this..old school I guess of seams on the inside…this old dog just got a new trick..Thanks Eileen for this inspiration and the towel are very nice too!

• Jo Williams
      December 1, 2013 at 9:54 am (6 years ago)

C is my choice for it’s elegance and grace for the season and other holidays themes

2. Colleen
    November 20, 2013 at 10:33 am (6 years ago)

Love B, easy to read, stands out. Material, I would use red/white stripe or polka dot.

November 20, 2013 at 10:50 am (6 years ago)

I like C in the green color shown. The towels are very pretty.

4. Carolyn Delahoussaye
    November 20, 2013 at 10:59 am (6 years ago)

I love “D”. Plan to do some towels this Christmas.

5. Mary Haggenmaker
    November 20, 2013 at 11:08 am (6 years ago)

I like bth #1 C and #2 D. There is a relaxed feel to them especially D. The holidays are a special time to relax and enjoy and these fonts seem to be conducive to that. There is good use for all and a great deal depends on what you are embroidering on.

6. Maria Goad
    November 20, 2013 at 11:13 am (6 years ago)

Love letter “C”. I think that you should use the refashioned vintage aqua & red. I’m sure they will look beautiful, especially if you use a little rick rac to match the fabric you use for the ruffle!!

7. Sandy Wahl
    November 20, 2013 at 11:21 am (6 years ago)

I like font C. I’d use the recipient’s favorite colors if I knew them… If not, silver & blue, or green and gold.

8. Marilyn Weiss
    November 20, 2013 at 11:26 am (6 years ago)

Lately, I’m into the clean-lined lettering look you are seeing on all of the “word” pillows. I think it’s fresh and works in any type of décor. My choice is B.

9. Lynn
    November 20, 2013 at 11:39 am (6 years ago)

I prefer font C and the traditional colors of red and green.

• Darlette
      November 21, 2013 at 1:40 am (6 years ago)

I love c but in Christmas red & using the black & white
      Polka dot ribbon for a little punch!

10. Charlotte Silber
    November 20, 2013 at 12:29 pm (6 years ago)

I like C it is more traditional I think. Also a crystal blue and silver would be pretty.

11. Roberta
    November 20, 2013 at 12:34 pm (6 years ago)

Font C–traditional colors, red, green, gold, silver

12. pauline
    November 20, 2013 at 12:34 pm (6 years ago)

I like font C and always in Red/Gold/Green very traditional and super Christmassy.

13. judit z
    November 20, 2013 at 12:47 pm (6 years ago)

Love D for me the curves just seem more playful

14. Chris
    November 20, 2013 at 12:48 pm (6 years ago)

My preference is C, and I think gold and silver would be great.

15. beth daniels
    November 20, 2013 at 1:00 pm (6 years ago)

I like “c” because I am usually drawn to script letters. Most of the letters I embroider are usually script. I prefer the slant in my letters instead of straight letters. I think they look more polished.

16. Linda Machado
    November 20, 2013 at 1:01 pm (6 years ago)

I prefer C as well. Just has a more classy look to it. And I am more of a traditionalist when it comes to Christmas colors. Red and Green but I also use Yellow and Blue. There is just something about those colors at Christmas time that bring such Joy and a feeling of tradition.

17. Denise Z. G.
    November 20, 2013 at 1:04 pm (6 years ago)

I like B. It’s bold & easy to read. I think it would go with anyone’s decor.

18. Cordie
    November 20, 2013 at 2:23 pm (6 years ago)

I love C. Red or gold would be good.But they all look great. Merry to all.

19. Anne Marie Reilly
    November 20, 2013 at 2:30 pm (6 years ago)

I prefer C and would match colors to the recipient’s taste. Some people prefer blue and silver to red and green.

20. Linda Zumwalt
    November 20, 2013 at 2:42 pm (6 years ago)

I prefer C font and for myself, I prefer red and gold. But if a gift, I would consider the recipient’s color choices.

21. Diana kohle
    November 20, 2013 at 2:46 pm (6 years ago)

I prefer C, and would do red and green.

22. Heidi
    November 20, 2013 at 3:00 pm (6 years ago)

I like D and always love traditional red and green but shades of blues, like a royal and a grey/blue would be pretty too!!

23. Cheryl Burton
    November 20, 2013 at 3:36 pm (6 years ago)

c is a great looking font.

24. Cathy Van Daalwyk
    November 20, 2013 at 3:40 pm (6 years ago)

I like font C and I would pick the traditional Christmas red and green.

25. Donna F
    November 20, 2013 at 4:04 pm (6 years ago)

I like “C” I think a set in red and green and one in gold and silver would be nice.

26. kbo
    November 20, 2013 at 5:08 pm (6 years ago)

Creating “B” with red, green holiday print OR blue with blues of snowflake prints would be super cute.

27. Carolyn Ford
    November 20, 2013 at 5:38 pm (6 years ago)

I like D, and love red and green, but with gold accents.
    C would be great in blue and silver.
    Aren’t colors a fun part of embroidery!!

28. Becky
    November 20, 2013 at 5:55 pm (6 years ago)

I prefer C, I am a traditionalist and would like red & green. But I also think the vintage aqua & red would be a fun combination.

29. Janet Wallis
    November 20, 2013 at 6:36 pm (6 years ago)

I prefer C and love the colors of purple and silver.

30. Barbara McKenzie
    November 20, 2013 at 6:56 pm (6 years ago)

I like selection C the best, and would use almost traditional red and green – olive and burgundy – because those are the colors of my kitchen and dining room!

31. Frances Powell
    November 20, 2013 at 7:50 pm (6 years ago)

My favorite font is “C”. It looks more festive for the holidays.
    Red and green with maybe an update on the colors by using lime and brighter red.

32. Shelly Christensen
    November 20, 2013 at 8:21 pm (6 years ago)

I like font C, I like that you don’t have to trim any jumpstitches and that it all flows together. I like red and green and Blue is always good also.

33. Barbara Stickle
    November 20, 2013 at 8:39 pm (6 years ago)

I like the C font the best although there are plenty of uses for all of them. My favorite color scheme right now is aqua and red.

34. Sherrie
    November 20, 2013 at 9:38 pm (6 years ago)

My vote is for c also. I can imagine it in green on a white towel with Christmas ribbon or fabric borders. good luck choosing..

35. Kelly Jackson
    November 20, 2013 at 9:39 pm (6 years ago)

B is my favorite. Lime green and red are fun color combinations for the holidays.

Smiles,
    Kelly

36. Carlotta Melvin
    November 20, 2013 at 9:39 pm (6 years ago)

My favorite is font C. I like green, red and gold for the holiday season.

37. Sharon
    November 20, 2013 at 9:41 pm (6 years ago)

C traditional colors if red, green,gold and silver

38. Vicky Haynes
    November 20, 2013 at 9:42 pm (6 years ago)

I like D but C is also nice. I like to mix it up for colors, usually coordinate with the accent fabric.

39. Claudia Wade
    November 20, 2013 at 9:42 pm (6 years ago)

I like font B best. I am fond of a non-traditional color scheme like red & aqua for the holidays.

40. Zoe
    November 20, 2013 at 9:43 pm (6 years ago)

I like C and anything with silver and blue is good! Love the towels. Where did you get them?

41. Jean Jones
    November 20, 2013 at 9:45 pm (6 years ago)

Font C is my favorite. It took awhile, but I finally warmed up to the red and lime color scheme. It makes me think of The Grinch, and I just have to smile. The old fashioned side of me likes burgundy and pine green. It is a lovely Victorian look that appeals to me.

42. Betsy
    November 20, 2013 at 9:48 pm (6 years ago)

C is my favorite. I like the traditional red/green but my favorite is blue(dark or cobalt)/silver.

43. Shirley Clark
    November 20, 2013 at 9:50 pm (6 years ago)

I like B and C. It would depend on what I was stitching. I do love traditional red and green colors, but I also like a little whimsey so I also like hot pinks and lime green too!

44. Terri Bradford
    November 20, 2013 at 9:52 pm (6 years ago)

I like D the best. Not too traditional, not too non-traditional. Colors? hmmm. That could change on a daily basis. I have my Christmas traditional red and green decor for one room, blue and silver in another, etc. but this year? I’m thinking of trying something modern to “Wow” my daughters! (Who think I’m pretty stuck in “old fashioned traditions”). I’m thinking of going lime green and hot pink. And you know what? When I hold the fabrics next to my spice color kitchen, it actually looks pretty good! Here’s to holding on to old traditions and embracing the possibilities of new ones!

45. Kristi D.
    November 20, 2013 at 9:52 pm (6 years ago)

I like B and C in Red

46. Mary
    November 20, 2013 at 9:52 pm (6 years ago)

I like C for the font and even though I love blue and silver, the red and green is what graces our home over the years. The tree is a mixture of various colors for the ornaments so some blue and silver can be incorporated. Happy towel stitching.

47. Katie Harper
    November 20, 2013 at 9:52 pm (6 years ago)

Definitely C for the font. I would use Gold and Silver as those two convey a sense of elegance for the Holidays.

48. karen vincent
    November 20, 2013 at 9:54 pm (6 years ago)

The font that I like the best is C. As for your color scheme I would have to take into consideration the colors of the towels and additional fabric. If the standard colors like red or green do not really work out I use a cooper color which will go into line with your vintage look, but will give you at extra bling. Cooper gives embroidery work it’s own statement! Thanks and happy sewing!!

49. Sue Winnie
    November 20, 2013 at 9:55 pm (6 years ago)

C. I love traditional green and reds.

50. Anne
    November 20, 2013 at 10:01 pm (6 years ago)

I love lettering and the one I would choose is C hope you get the time to finish! Always my issue life getting in the way !

51. Terrie Underwood
    November 20, 2013 at 10:02 pm (6 years ago)

I love B. It’s easy to read; bold, but not too bold. I go for more traditional Christmas colors. Love burgundy and a dark green, but will also use a true red and true green.

52. Kathy Fox
    November 20, 2013 at 10:04 pm (6 years ago)

I like fond D, I like rich magenta, burgundy and gold.

53. Barb Miller
    November 20, 2013 at 10:07 pm (6 years ago)

I prefer the C lettering.

54. Casie Williams
    November 20, 2013 at 10:08 pm (6 years ago)

I prefer c and think it would be beautiful in silver and blue

55. Sue
    November 20, 2013 at 10:08 pm (6 years ago)

I really like C. The lettering is very crisp and easy to read. Very traditional.

56. Sandy
    November 20, 2013 at 10:12 pm (6 years ago)

I like font C. As for color, traditional red/green is always good, unless you’re going for a more formal, less obvious look. Then I’d use silver and gold.

57. Sandra
    November 20, 2013 at 10:19 pm (6 years ago)

Another vote for C. I am using tree shaped appliqués (3 in a row) in chartreuse and light greens on a white background with white towels. They look crisp and modern.

58. Lynda
    November 20, 2013 at 10:22 pm (6 years ago)

I like C. I think it would be easiest to read on a towel.

59. CINDY
    November 20, 2013 at 10:32 pm (6 years ago)

Font D and red and green works well for me.

60. Pam in IL
    November 20, 2013 at 10:32 pm (6 years ago)

I’m the odd one that likes them all, lol. I’d probably do one of each font style. I like red & green, red & gold, blue & silver, green & gold.

• Pat Scull
      November 20, 2013 at 10:36 pm (6 years ago)

I like font C…I prefer Red, Green and Gold combination of colors.

61. Rita
    November 20, 2013 at 10:36 pm (6 years ago)

B or C for me. Traditionalist so I like the red, greens and gold.

62. Doreen Wales
    November 20, 2013 at 10:38 pm (6 years ago)

Hello
    I love the clean definite shape and line of B.it is universal for adult to child to community projects and the round ness of it makes me want to stroke the letters .
    I love it in red but think it will be equally rich in white or purple ,gold or silver.
    Doreen

63. Laurie
    November 20, 2013 at 10:42 pm (6 years ago)

I really like C the best. It will go with a lot of the retro Christmas fabrics I have seen lately.

64. Fran Wiest
    November 20, 2013 at 10:48 pm (6 years ago)

I prefer “C” and I think Blue and Silver are wonderful holiday colors.

65. Tammy Hammond
    November 20, 2013 at 10:55 pm (6 years ago)

Definitely font C. I am a purple gal…..

66. Vickie Rei nhardt
    November 20, 2013 at 10:59 pm (6 years ago)

I like B & C I would match the colors to the material you use, pick out one color from that and do different colors on each towel. Let the party begin.

67. Janet
    November 20, 2013 at 11:01 pm (6 years ago)

I like font C and I have to go with the traditional red and green

68. Jacki
    November 20, 2013 at 11:01 pm (6 years ago)

I love B. My favorite colors are Navy and Silver!

69. Ellen Brown
    November 20, 2013 at 11:03 pm (6 years ago)

I’d choose font C with traditional colors but I like to add a pop with black and white polka dots or stripes too.

70. Gail
    November 20, 2013 at 11:05 pm (6 years ago)

I like the boldness of B and I really love the golds and wine colors together. They are so rich

71. Linda Seemann-Korte
    November 20, 2013 at 11:06 pm (6 years ago)

I prefer font D and love traditional Christmas colors with some sparkle added with either silver or gold!

72. Becky3580
    November 20, 2013 at 11:14 pm (6 years ago)

I like font “C” and traditional red and green with a little silver.
    One of my personal favorites is using a couple of fonts from Floriani Total Control Pro – I like to use the “Mono01” font for the M in merry and the C in Christmas and then use the font Stuyvest for the rest of the lettering. It makes for a very pretty, festive and elegant design.

November 20, 2013 at 11:18 pm (6 years ago)

My favorite is C. I like silver and gold metallic threads for fancy linens, but red and green are always fun and traditional Christmas colors.
    Gail

74. Kay
    November 20, 2013 at 11:20 pm (6 years ago)

For Christmas towels, definitely C. Christmas is all about tradition and this font has such a traditional feel about it. For fun, why not stitch it in some of the metallic threads? One famous brand even has a “mix” that looks like metallic when stitched and this comes in all colors.

75. Ellen Perry
    November 20, 2013 at 11:30 pm (6 years ago)

Love “a”
    Gold and silver or vintage
    Ellen

November 20, 2013 at 11:32 pm (6 years ago)

I like font C in the traditional colors of red and green. Might also add some gold and even a bit of black to accent. Hugs. Nan

77. Judy Wentz
    November 20, 2013 at 11:35 pm (6 years ago)

I like font C in blue and silver

78. Susie Mackenberg
    November 20, 2013 at 11:44 pm (6 years ago)

C just is the best!! and I love the combination of gold and red for Christmas. So fun to get gaudy at Christmas, it’s OK! I’m not doing towels this Christmas; A first for me for a number of years!

79. Cornelia du Preez
    November 21, 2013 at 12:04 am (6 years ago)

I like C the best and as it is holiday season I prefer green, red, gold and silver.

80. Stella
    November 21, 2013 at 12:08 am (6 years ago)

Font “C” is my favorite and love the traditional red and green. However, the various christmas colors are growing on me, such as the aqua and red, lime green and blue as well as burgundy and gold. Silver and gold are a great addition to any christmas design or font. We have too many choices that at times it is hard to make a decision.

81. Joanie
    November 21, 2013 at 12:43 am (6 years ago)

I like font C and the traditional colors of red and green. It’s nice to have different towels in different bathrooms so really anything goes. Have fun!!

82. Wendy Helbling
    November 21, 2013 at 1:25 am (6 years ago)

I like C. I decorate one of my Christmas trees in all silver and blue with white lights. Love the look!

83. Dawn D
    November 21, 2013 at 2:19 am (6 years ago)

My preference for this project would be “C” and being a bit of a traditionalist at this time of the year, my color preference is for red and green, but I like to add touches of metallics in gold, hot pink, and turquoise. But it all depends on the other embellishments, but usually for Christmas it’s basically red and green. Thanks and creative sewing.

84. Shirl R
    November 21, 2013 at 3:14 am (6 years ago)

Definitely C. I use this font quite frequently. As to color, I would use whatever color blended with the design and purpose of the project. I like green with gold, red with gold or blue with silver.

85. Wanda leffingwell
    November 21, 2013 at 3:58 am (6 years ago)

I like D in Red

86. Judy G
    November 21, 2013 at 4:12 am (6 years ago)

For the font I really like the look of “D”. For me, nothing says “Christmas” like silver and gold and it would match any fabric you choose for the ruffle trim.

87. Celeste B
    November 21, 2013 at 4:38 am (6 years ago)

I like font B. My kitchen is more country so it would be more appropriate I think. I love doing Christmas items to match the decor of the room but love red and green as traditional colors for the holidays.

88. Sherri Tice
    November 21, 2013 at 5:09 am (6 years ago)

I like c in red and green.

89. Christy
    November 21, 2013 at 5:21 am (6 years ago)

I like C… How ever A is nice for an apron or low pile fabric. Glad to hear others are just starting to work on Christmas items,

90. Odette
    November 21, 2013 at 5:29 am (6 years ago)

I also prefer the C font. I usually love to experiment with color combinations but when Christmas comes , I am very traditionalist ! Red, green, gold spell Christmas for me 😉

91. TroyJennene Gibbs
    November 21, 2013 at 5:30 am (6 years ago)

I like “C. It has a most personal touch & whimsy looking at the same time.

92. Rachel Price
    November 21, 2013 at 5:31 am (6 years ago)

My favorite is “C”. Of course colors on Red or Green, but a glittery Silver or gold would be nice too.

93. Lina Alford
    November 21, 2013 at 6:02 am (6 years ago)

I like C, but if the towels are for a guy I would use block letters. The color combo would depend on who the towels are for, and what the occasion the gift is for. I have a bunch of LSU fans, so purple and gold would be a big hit with any of them.

94. Rebecca's Creative Designs
    November 21, 2013 at 6:03 am (6 years ago)

I like font C. I like to use bright blue, black and kelly green towels for Christmas. Of course, there’s nothing like hunter green and red….

95. Carolyn Finlayson
    November 21, 2013 at 6:07 am (6 years ago)

I like B and your idea of using vintage aqua and red. Use some retro trim to go with it. Hmmm wonder if can find some very small ball fringe, that would be fun.

96. Leahrae Newell
    November 21, 2013 at 6:11 am (6 years ago)

I like D and think it would be elegant in Gold and Black

97. Tammy Wright
    November 21, 2013 at 6:25 am (6 years ago)

I love b Font. It looks great in all colors and can be modern, vintage and traditional. Very varietal.

98. Susan D
    November 21, 2013 at 6:41 am (6 years ago)

I like b in traditional red and green with a little silver and gold

99. betsy
    November 21, 2013 at 6:43 am (6 years ago)

B for font. Most modern looking.
    Veer from traditional! Such fun combinations in design. Love the Aqua with Lime and Pink for a fresh new look.
    Try a ruffler for some of the trim instead of all gathered.
    Have fun!

100. Brenda Pedersen
    November 21, 2013 at 6:45 am (6 years ago)

Eileen, I like lettering C for multiple or long words & lettering D for shorter ones. My preference for colors is to stick with the traditional Red & Green for Christmas. For winter, however, I love blue & silver… it reminds me of Midwest winter days, crisp, cold, & sunny, when the sky is clear blue & the snow sparkles. Midwest winters are the best!

101. Greta Kanegae
    November 21, 2013 at 6:51 am (6 years ago)

C in blue and silver 🙂

102. susan james
    November 21, 2013 at 6:57 am (6 years ago)

I choose c with traditional colors of red and green with gold accents

103. Orvalee Roe
    November 21, 2013 at 7:02 am (6 years ago)

I think C is my favorite font and of course the traditional red and green combo. However, I am starting to lean towards the lime green and red for a more whimsical look.

104. Pat
    November 21, 2013 at 7:13 am (6 years ago)

I prefer c and love traditional red and green. That said, if your decor can pull off the vintage aqua and red, I would do that and pull in some Christmas balls in the aqua and red to incorporate with your table decorations.

105. Dolores
    November 21, 2013 at 7:13 am (6 years ago)

“C” is my pick for the font. Traditional green and red for Christmas with a bit of sparkly
    silver mixed in. 🙂

106. Brenda McNeil
    November 21, 2013 at 7:13 am (6 years ago)

I love D. It’s almost elegant! I believe my favorite colors for Christmas decorating are the Blue on Blue Hues. Maybe a little silver thrown in – in places.

107. Maga
    November 21, 2013 at 7:15 am (6 years ago)

For me it has to be A although I know it will be difficult to hide the connectors and the alternative ties will be difficult to conceal as well but the simplicity of the font is really attractive to me. Depending on the fabric that will be used for the “skirt” I would go with a bright red or green on white. Alternative would be a purple and green – it all depends on the receiver of the present.
    A really nice project. I would love to be on the receiving end.

108. Nancy Godwin
    November 21, 2013 at 7:38 am (6 years ago)

Font c, in red and gold!

109. Cathy Brown
    November 21, 2013 at 7:56 am (6 years ago)

I like Font d and the red and green.

110. Debbie J
    November 21, 2013 at 8:08 am (6 years ago)

My favorite new font is C. I love red for Christmas. My color scheme for my kitchen is yellow and red. Bright, sunny, and old fashioned. I love the old farm house look inside and outside my home.

111. Darlene Gerber
    November 21, 2013 at 8:10 am (6 years ago)

I like C, it’s a nice clean font that reminds me more of the Holidays. My favorite color scheme is Scarlet, Gray, White and Black.

112. Joan D
    November 21, 2013 at 8:15 am (6 years ago)

C is my favourite with B a close second. I really like script! My favourite colours are the gray, white and black – it goes very well with my kitchen.

113. Bonnie Coalson
    November 21, 2013 at 8:16 am (6 years ago)

I like a the best, simple font. I like earth tones with splashes of other color for accents.

114. Cathy
    November 21, 2013 at 8:23 am (6 years ago)

I like B and C, and Red, Green and Gold are my preference for Christmas. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

115. Bonnie Gray
    November 21, 2013 at 8:26 am (6 years ago)

I like C, very traditional looking. the colors I would choose are gold! ivory and some white? very elegant looking and warm.

116. Mary
    November 21, 2013 at 8:31 am (6 years ago)

Vote C- all are pretty, just depends on what you are writing.
    I would stay myself with red and green but there are still many choices of what red and green to choose. Then might be fun to use a checkered black and white ribbon or fabric 🙂

117. Patti King
    November 21, 2013 at 8:33 am (6 years ago)

“C” is my favorite, but “B” would be nice too! I prefer a combination of red, green, gold, and silver with maybe a touch of holly or a small pointsettia!! 🙂

118. Patty Happel
    November 21, 2013 at 8:49 am (6 years ago)

I vote for C as well. Traditional red and green

119. Missy k
    November 21, 2013 at 9:05 am (6 years ago)

I like B. I think red and gold or green and silver are pretty.

120. Rosalee
    November 21, 2013 at 9:11 am (6 years ago)

I like the “C” font best with blue and white or pink and lavender!

121. Pam
    November 21, 2013 at 9:16 am (6 years ago)

“B” red and green. I guess I am pretty traditional!

122. Leola
    November 21, 2013 at 9:19 am (6 years ago)

I prefer the font D. Why not do something a little different. A color scheme of Blue and Silver makes me think of peacefulness. With so much unrest in the world we need quiet and calm in our family lives.

123. Cecilia
    November 21, 2013 at 9:41 am (6 years ago)

I love the font D! And I love the color combination you have in Thursday’s towel. It looks vintage(sp?). I’ve noticed this year that there are a lot of light turquoise, light yellows and other non traditional Christmas colors so I think this combo would be appealing to a large number of people.

124. Patty Fiske
    November 21, 2013 at 9:49 am (6 years ago)

Love B, bold as to color….. blue and silver, no maybe aqua and burgundy, or……

125. Martine
    November 21, 2013 at 9:53 am (6 years ago)

I like font C blue and silver is my favourite combo, although I am now working on red and white.

126. Gena Allen
    November 21, 2013 at 10:11 am (6 years ago)

I like C best and colors burgundy and gold look really nice during the holidays.

127. Royce Zook
    November 21, 2013 at 10:15 am (6 years ago)

I’m a simple traditionalist. “C” is my choice while using the traditional Christmas green and red. There are many times in the year to show variations of traditional themes but Christmas has too often been represented by too little tradition and more attempt to create a new season. Just my thought.

128. Jocelyne Dever
    November 21, 2013 at 10:15 am (6 years ago)

I prefer B in red, gold and silver.

129. SouixBee
    November 21, 2013 at 10:24 am (6 years ago)

It is C, definitely C. For Christmas I like red and gold. The rest of the time, I like peacock tones of blue, green, and purple

130. Colleen Gnehm
    November 21, 2013 at 11:00 am (6 years ago)

I like C with D coming in second place. You need to go with the traditional red and green. It just isn’t Christmas without the red and green.

131. JudiC
    November 21, 2013 at 11:09 am (6 years ago)

I like C the best. It looks like it would survive lots of washing & last for many holidays. i was always a traditional Christmas color lover but I have to admit, I am now loving the “refashioned vintage” aqua & bright reds (almost fushia) colors

132. Patricia Chambers
    November 21, 2013 at 11:24 am (6 years ago)

I really liked C. It was easy to read and just soothing to look at. I like green, red, and gold. It would depend what the finished embroidery looked like to choose the color ribbon. I love them.

133. Sue R
    November 21, 2013 at 11:32 am (6 years ago)

I love doing towels for Christmas!! I really like font b or c. My favorite colors for Christmas are kiwi green with hot pink – I have lots of fabric with this color combo and looks so nice 🙂

134. Sharon Krulitz
    November 21, 2013 at 11:33 am (6 years ago)

I like “C” in the traditional geen and red, could add a spark of metallic silver or gold with it our in an outline.

135. Phyllis Hiles
    November 21, 2013 at 11:46 am (6 years ago)

I really think C is the prettiest font. Some of my favorite color combos are yellow and blue.

136. Terry Senko
    November 21, 2013 at 11:49 am (6 years ago)

I like Font C. It’s a little more festive than the others and still easily readable. I’m a traditionalist, so a red/green combo would be my preference. I like the deep crimson reds better than the orange reds.

137. Laura G
    November 21, 2013 at 12:12 pm (6 years ago)

I like C but B is my first choice. It’s crisp and bold. I would like this best with red and lime green for a splash of fun. Christmas towels are fun!

138. Sherrie Lilly
    November 21, 2013 at 12:28 pm (6 years ago)

I like B because it is the easiest to read on towel material. It has a clean look and would look great in red, grean, silver or gold.

139. Denice Weys
    November 21, 2013 at 12:50 pm (6 years ago)

For the font I would choose C, as to the colours I am a traditionalist but I might change it up by going to a blue-spruce green and a deep burgendy. I like the colours with old world style designs and of course some antique gold and winter-white. Hmm noe you have got me thinking.

140. Kathy
    November 21, 2013 at 1:17 pm (6 years ago)

C for sure–it is just pretty & festive–color would depend on other embellishments, fabric etc. at the holidays, I mix/match all Christmas colors. 🙂

141. Diane Willey
    November 21, 2013 at 1:24 pm (6 years ago)

I like C the best for sure. As far as colors I don’t think you can go wrong with the traditional red and green. If you want a more formal look I would go with silver and gold.

142. Patty Sack
    November 21, 2013 at 2:16 pm (6 years ago)

I like font C the best. I am a traditionalist at Christmas, however I do like the silver and gold idea also!

143. Susan Novak
    November 21, 2013 at 2:21 pm (6 years ago)

I love font C. Very elegant yet easy to read. For colors, I’d probably use red and green….but if I dare to step outside of “my” box, I’d do blue and silver.

144. Sandi Cunningham
    November 21, 2013 at 2:44 pm (6 years ago)

I LOVE B for short or one word embroidery, but I think C would be nice for two-word or phrases.
    My home’s traditional tree is Blue, Silver and Iridescent White. I also love Burgundy and either Lime or Blue-green with it.
    I am SURE I will love whatever you come up with.

145. Maureen Teachman
    November 21, 2013 at 3:04 pm (6 years ago)

I like the font “C” for the size if the area you will be stitching. For color pairings I particularly like silver with rich deep colors of blue, green and a deep red. I think using a non tradutional color scheme allows one to use the towel after Christmas until New Year’s withoutvit being limited to Christmas.

146. Janet
    November 21, 2013 at 3:28 pm (6 years ago)

I like C it looks like Christmas.

147. Maria
    November 21, 2013 at 3:29 pm (6 years ago)

I like C the most. I’d use gold and blue

148. Rory Dabney
    November 21, 2013 at 3:37 pm (6 years ago)

Boy, they’re all great but my favorite is “C”. It’s cheery and would look great in country colors of dark green and a deep red or burgundy.

149. Marilyn Koestler
    November 21, 2013 at 3:46 pm (6 years ago)

My choice is C. I make towels for others as I do not have a place in my kitchen to hang them for show. My favorite colors would be blue and silver. That would also be appropriate for another time of the year.

150. page tighe
    November 21, 2013 at 4:31 pm (6 years ago)

I like C. However I don’t like the ruffle.maybe a wider ribbon

151. Susan
    November 21, 2013 at 5:47 pm (6 years ago)

my preference is C for the font…and traditional colors as well…we have so few “traditions” left, I think it’s good to hang on to whatever we can…

152. Pat Cook
    November 21, 2013 at 6:13 pm (6 years ago)

Out of all the fonts you showed us I really like the script of B.
    I do enjoy using white towels to dry my china and silver. They are also fun to use colored thread in the embroidery I choose for each towel. I too enjoy using my stash to embellish whatever I am in the process of making! Love rummaging through my ribbon stash!!
    For the holiday’s I am using glitter thread, love it!

153. Randolph
    November 21, 2013 at 7:01 pm (6 years ago)

I think B font would be really classy with the blue and silver combination.

154. Cathy
    November 21, 2013 at 7:02 pm (6 years ago)

I like “C” best. For me, colors depend on the fabric and
    recipients, so can’t help you there.

155. Carol D.
    November 21, 2013 at 7:25 pm (6 years ago)

For something different, I prefer font D. I truly love red thread on white towels. It is so festive. An alternative is deep burgandy red on gold towels or tan towels. Whatever you select I am confident it will be great.

156. Judy Gilmore
    November 21, 2013 at 7:39 pm (6 years ago)

I like font “C” the best. I also like the non-traditional of blue and silver or gold by itself. Something different than the usual.

157. Margaret
    November 21, 2013 at 7:43 pm (6 years ago)

I like C the best, it is easy to read and beautiful

158. Kim H
    November 21, 2013 at 7:57 pm (6 years ago)

I like font C. I’m a traditionalist when it comes to the holidays and like the red and green theme. Cheers!

November 21, 2013 at 8:10 pm (6 years ago)

I like c and am a fan of blue and silver.Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

160. Tracey Gordeneer
    November 21, 2013 at 8:13 pm (6 years ago)

I like C. I love red and green for the holidays.

161. Barbara
    November 21, 2013 at 8:25 pm (6 years ago)

I like B, but wouldn’t want to risk snagging it on a towel. C looks great as well, and may be more practical. I’m a read, green and gold gal — but could see a beautiful blue and silver combo for some of my more formal friends.

162. Karen Poole
    November 21, 2013 at 8:53 pm (6 years ago)

My favorite font style is C! It just looks festive, as for your colors, a lot depend on your fabric, however, this year I am really loving blue and silver for new Christmas colors! They are also very elegant colors without trying too hard and will stand out from the “same old” red and green!!!

163. Jessica
    November 21, 2013 at 10:01 pm (6 years ago)

I like C- classic and classy at the same time. These are all wonderful fonts so it’s a win-win!

164. joanne banko
    November 22, 2013 at 12:31 am (6 years ago)

Font C for me! Any color scheme would work but I am partial to metallics. As a bonus they generally work well for satin style lettering. By the way, that original towel set was one of my favorite articles. They were oh so pretty! You could shop till you drop and you would mot find store bought towels like those. Isn’t that exactly why we embroider and sew? We can make it . . . and make it great!

165. Pam
    November 22, 2013 at 6:31 am (6 years ago)

I like “C”. For Christmas items I use Red, Green and White. For winter themes I use blue and white.

166. April M
    November 22, 2013 at 8:05 am (6 years ago)

oh I love teading your ideas!you and Nancy are my favorite. For the design I love lettering C!Iam crazy about vintage colors they pinks and teal kinda of look. Im trying to redo my whole house in soft colors to feel like a cozy restful retreat do people will feel safe and rested yet joyful. Thank you for all you do to get people talking and sharing. what software did you use?

• eileenroche
      November 22, 2013 at 12:19 pm (6 years ago)

April, thank you for your kind words. I used Floriani Total Control Pro for the lettering.

167. Judith Stalcup
    November 22, 2013 at 8:55 am (6 years ago)

I like C and red would be my color choice!

168. Melodie B
    November 22, 2013 at 11:07 am (6 years ago)

I love A and/or C and it doesn’t matter what Christmas color we use because Christmas is not Christmas without Christ in it. He is the reason for the season….So MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

169. Mary Parker
    November 22, 2013 at 1:21 pm (6 years ago)

Hi Eileen,
    I love swirly things so my choice for the letters is “C” and for Christmas tradition the colors would be Red and Green, but Black is a big part of Christmas colors, I learned that when I was painting ornament! I really like the ones you did last year, have fun and can’t wait to see what you come up with!!!

170. janet fishman
    November 22, 2013 at 2:22 pm (6 years ago)

Definitely font C, I like red and green as these colors are more traditional Christmas colors

171. janet fishman
    November 22, 2013 at 2:23 pm (6 years ago)

I really like font C and definitely red and green as these are the more traditional Christmas colors.

172. Vicky Isliefson
    November 22, 2013 at 2:24 pm (6 years ago)

I like font c. My favorite color scheme is forest green and wine red.

173. Julie
    November 22, 2013 at 3:43 pm (6 years ago)

I like c. I like to use purple and gold this time of year. Anything with a little bling!

174. Evelyn Harker
    November 22, 2013 at 5:04 pm (6 years ago)

I prefer the “D”. I tend to go to Blue and Silver.
    Adding bling at Christmas compliments the season.

175. Debe
    November 22, 2013 at 5:54 pm (6 years ago)

I like both B & C & would use both. I like the word JOY because that is what Christmas is, celebrating the coming of a Saviour. Most of my decorations are burgundy/wine & gold, but I also like darker blues & silver.

176. Cindy Duhon
    November 22, 2013 at 6:00 pm (6 years ago)

I love font C. It is so traditional. Ithink red and green would be great, but I also love blue, silver, and gold. Have fun creating your Christmas linens.

177. Dianne
    November 22, 2013 at 6:06 pm (6 years ago)

Use C and use Green Apple and Purple color combination.

178. Rhonda
    November 22, 2013 at 6:13 pm (6 years ago)

Font C with the cursive lettering along with traditional red and green with some gold thrown in for the Christmas season would be beautiful!

179. Sharon Gerstman
    November 22, 2013 at 7:59 pm (6 years ago)

I like “C” the best to use on towels for holidays – Thanksgiving, Christmas, 4th of July. I like “A” if I were doing a primitive towel and maybe put a recipe on it.

180. Vickie Graveline
    November 23, 2013 at 2:49 am (6 years ago)

I like “C” the best, but then I tend to like the classic styles. I think it would look nice in the dark burgundy color, with a Victorian Christmas look to it.

181. Sharon Davenport
    November 23, 2013 at 6:33 am (6 years ago)

I would use D it looks very joyful. Using red and green would be nice but that is so normal. I would try something like pink and gold or purple and silver.

182. Sue
    November 23, 2013 at 8:52 am (6 years ago)

C traditional Red.

183. Carol Seavitt
    November 23, 2013 at 3:41 pm (6 years ago)

Love Christmas! And C is a nice font. Would look great with some Blue, White and Silver colors. Merry Christmas. Ps. Just finished the 8 foot Christmas Tree skirt. Whew!

• eileenroche
      November 26, 2013 at 4:07 pm (6 years ago)

Wow, 8 ft.! That’s impressive, Carol!

184. JJ
    November 23, 2013 at 8:49 pm (6 years ago)

I like C because it isn’t too bold but still has substance. I think silver & gold are great because they are going to be in kitchen & dining so they would add sparkle without going over the top. But of course red and green are always in season this time of year.

Happy holidays to all

185. Berenice
    November 24, 2013 at 4:52 pm (6 years ago)

C calls to me, and the kids said ‘Teal, gold & silver” because they’re cool colors. But I liked the black & gold suggestion too, maybe a little prejudiced, those are our school’s colors…

186. Donna Kuehn
    November 26, 2013 at 12:29 pm (6 years ago)

The font that is my favorite is “C”. I like the colors Red and Green especially in the kitchen.

Warm Regards and Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

187. Carolyn Balmanno
    November 26, 2013 at 2:26 pm (6 years ago)

The script “C” would be my font of choice.
    For the color combination: blue & silver, red & gold, purple & silver, red & green (helpful aren’t I?), for me it would depend on the colors in the fabric I chose and would need to fit with the gift recipients preference. Then, of course, you could complete a set of each combination. Why limit ourselves to just one? 🙂

188. Mary Sue Wysocki
    November 26, 2013 at 2:39 pm (6 years ago)

Font ‘C’ is my favorite. For Christmas my favorite color scheme is a dark red tending to burgundy, with a darker green and throw in gold with it.

189. Erma
    November 26, 2013 at 3:42 pm (6 years ago)

I prefer font “C” and I love blue and silver for Christmas!

190. deb bremer
    November 26, 2013 at 4:53 pm (6 years ago)

D is my favorite font and I like the Tues Color Scheme the best. I love your blog ,magazine ( I am looking through the Nov/Dec as I type LOL) and your products/ I have the EMB Toolkit and love everyting in it!

191. Karen Dellinger
    November 26, 2013 at 5:33 pm (6 years ago)

I prefer the “C” alphabet. I also use red, green and gold in my decorating.

192. Beverly Jefferies Vance
    November 26, 2013 at 11:25 pm (6 years ago)

I like C using red and green 🙂

193. Barbara McGrath
    November 27, 2013 at 1:55 am (6 years ago)

I love C especially in bold colours like Red Green Gold

194. Rosa Reese
    November 27, 2013 at 6:41 am (6 years ago)

I like b, I think it is easy to read by all, i have a red, black and gold kitchen so I think that would be brilliant on towels for any kitchen. Your towels are lovely. I would love to make some like those for my kitchen, but not sure I could use them ( they are too pretty). Nice job girls. Love your items as always.

195. MJ
    November 27, 2013 at 7:17 am (6 years ago)

I like the B font while it is a bit contemporary it makes a bold statement. Red, white and a little silver reminiscent of candy cane stripes bring a feeling of childhood whimsy to the most elegant of settings. Happy Holidays.

196. Paule-marie
    November 27, 2013 at 8:57 am (6 years ago)

what a fun project. I like C the best and in red.

197. Caroline Burzan
    November 29, 2013 at 10:30 am (6 years ago)

Favorite font is B – colors – blue and gold

198. Mitzi
    November 29, 2013 at 11:30 am (6 years ago)

definitely D. love the more contemporary script. I’d execute it in silver on midnight blue as my first choice

199. Susan Cruickshank
    November 29, 2013 at 12:06 pm (6 years ago)

I like “C” best of all! I like the more traditional colors to remind us what the season is all about. I guess I am showing my age in my thoughts. I love the kitchen linens that you have on your site! I am already thinking I can do towels for all the holidays, thank-you for asking all your embroidery guests what they think is the best design. It is a difficult choice but thank-you again for offering all your talents too us.

200. Jane T
    November 29, 2013 at 1:50 pm (6 years ago)

I like “C” the best and love the colors blue and shiny gold together.

201. dinah
    November 29, 2013 at 4:22 pm (6 years ago)

I like A, but I’m not sure it wouldn’t be lost, so I guess B for a casual design. My current favorite color scheme is the bright lime greens and pinks

202. kathy
    November 29, 2013 at 7:15 pm (6 years ago)

I like C for the font. I seem to like cursive-not to mention let jump threads(my next machine will cut them I am also partial to silver and blue. Love the towels. They make such a great gift idea.

203. Ruth Peterson
    November 29, 2013 at 8:52 pm (6 years ago)

I like B or C, depends on the word I guess. (Joy looks great, but a longer saying might look better in C.) I like red and silver, just made table runners, placemats and pot holders for my niece in those colors and it turned out well.
    Always love your projects… I will have to try the ribbon on top of the ruffle to hide the seam.

204. Karen Kress Nelson
    November 29, 2013 at 11:15 pm (6 years ago)

I love the clean look of “B”. What a fun script it would be to work with.

205. Carolyn Wyatt
    November 30, 2013 at 5:22 am (6 years ago)

I love “C”. It just looks more like Christmas. Reds, Greens and Golds for sure.

206. Kathryn
    November 30, 2013 at 4:23 pm (6 years ago)

For me, it’s B. In red. Modern and graphic.

207. Doreen
    December 1, 2013 at 7:01 pm (6 years ago)

I would choose b or c. I alternate red and green letters in the words. I think it would be a fun look. I think a wouldn’t pop. It’s too thin and d is too messy looking.

208. Sheila
    December 2, 2013 at 12:33 am (6 years ago)

“C” looks like Christmas to me. I would use red and green with some silver and gold for sparkle.

209. Bobbie Barrale
    December 3, 2013 at 12:31 pm (6 years ago)

I like C the best. I would use reds and greens but I prefer the darker reds and greens. With accent of gold.

210. Katherine Officer
    December 3, 2013 at 12:42 pm (6 years ago)

I love “C”. It just says “Christmas” to me.

211. Marilyn WK
    December 3, 2013 at 1:18 pm (6 years ago)

I love the font in D. C is a close second for me as I love the script and the clean lines but D really stands out as being a tiny bit different.

212. Linda DeA
    December 3, 2013 at 1:29 pm (6 years ago)

I like “C”. I think blue and silver would be nice but the vintage aqua and red would be something new and different.

213. Dottie Kirkwood
    December 3, 2013 at 4:06 pm (6 years ago)

I still like red and green (also blue and gold) with font “C.”
    Your niece was one fortunate gal to receive those towels. They are adorable. However, my ruffles will not be that wide. Seems overwhelming.
    This is fun, thank you for the chance to share. VBG
    sewing with a smile, dottie

214. Diane Carlton
    December 3, 2013 at 6:11 pm (6 years ago)

I like C. It is so elegant looking. I also like the idea of blue and silver because it is subtle but beautiful.

215. Mary E. Lee
    December 3, 2013 at 7:13 pm (6 years ago)

I like Font D. Since it is for Christmas, I would use Christmas colors combos such as, Red/Gold, Green/Gold, Blue/Silver.

216. Kay Strouf
    December 4, 2013 at 1:46 am (6 years ago)

I like FONT B as my 32 year old daughter tells me that all caps are what is in style now Mom! I also think the return of turquoise mixed with the reds and greens of Christmas is what it is all about in 2013. One cannot walk into any design shop or department store without seeing touches of turquoise this year. Red has always been my favorite color, not just for Christmas, and I’ve started to mix bits of turquoise amongst my holiday decorations and I love how it adds just the right accent and little bold look! On Christmas towels it would add just the right updated touch for 2013 with the holiday designs.

217. Melba smith
    December 6, 2013 at 6:45 pm (6 years ago)

I like B with red and green with gold if needed

218. Custom Embroidery Digitizing
    December 11, 2013 at 12:05 pm (6 years ago)

That’s the nice work I have seen here……..if you want to get new designs do not hesitate to contact……..cheers!!

219. annette Rady
    December 28, 2013 at 8:49 am (6 years ago)

It’s very hard to choose between b and c but I think “C” gets my vote. It really lends itself to so many thread types and colors…so traditional.

220. M&J Trimming Coupon Code
    June 9, 2014 at 10:40 am (6 years ago)

Hello to all, the contents existing at this web page are in fact
    awesome for people experience, well, keep up the nice work
    fellows.

221. Ward Coronel
    October 20, 2014 at 11:30 am (5 years ago)

I really like and appreciate your article.Really looking forward to read more. Keep writing.

222. ann s
    December 1, 2014 at 2:59 pm (5 years ago)

Font “C” wins for me. It has a nice rhythmic flow to it.