Multi-Needle Monday | Text Editing on the Multi-Needle Machine

Want to add a bit more interest to some of your purchased designs? Then follow this simple tutorial on curving text right at the machine. You can apply this technique to many embroidery projects.

Retrieve your embroidery design, this whisk is a popular design from Embroidery Library.  Once on the screen, touch Rotate. CT2a

Rotate the design 90 degrees to make it easier to edit the upcoming text. CT3

Touch Close and then Add. CT4

Touch the AA key to access the built-in fonts and then select the font of your choice. CT5

The default screen is upper case, large letters.  We are going to spell the word Bake so touch the letter B. CT6

Touch the lower case tab, and touch a, k, e. Touch Set. CT7

Use the jog keys to move the word above the whisk. CT9

Touch Array. CT10

Select the convex icon to curve the text into a smile. CT11

You can use the curving icons to adjust the spacing. CT12

That was easy!  Think of the possibilities you can have with this editing feature.

11 Comments on Multi-Needle Monday | Text Editing on the Multi-Needle Machine

1. Carolyn
    March 24, 2014 at 3:26 pm (6 years ago)

I love these feature on my multi-needle machine and all these neat things that broaden the capabilities of my finished products!!

2. claudia hermansen (Create with Claudia)
    March 24, 2014 at 4:03 pm (6 years ago)

I do this all of the time! I even cut up a design in digitizing software, added a satin stitch on the rough edges cut off and make smaller designs for my single needle 4×4 machine. Or I make 10 of the small designs at a time on my largest hoop on the 6needle. I just did that for the leaders of The women’s Retreat from my church! Last year I made appliqued bookmarks for all 128 participants and that took a lot of time, energy, thread and fabric. Was it really appreciated–yes, but did they offer to pay me for them-NO! My husband asked them for a $1 each donation toward my supplies which they begrudgeingly paid. But I have always donated to them so this year it took me no time of all to make 12 single FSL heart bookmarks. I am making the full size one for the (Paid) leader.I will send with them my business cards so hopefully, I will get a little business. I hope I don’t sound too materialistic but I am a Senior with little or no income and love to sew and embroider–it is my passion!

3. Joyce Hardiman
    March 24, 2014 at 7:10 pm (6 years ago)

Love this neat idea and great tutorial.

4. Karen Roop
    March 24, 2014 at 8:28 pm (6 years ago)

Thanks Eileen, I did not know how to do this on my 6 needle. I always did it in my software. I love these tutorials.

5. Kathy booth
    March 24, 2014 at 8:31 pm (6 years ago)

the screen is very similar to my Ellisimo Gold, so this tutorial is an encouragement that when the day comes for a multi-neelde, I’ll be familiar with some of the features.

March 24, 2014 at 10:01 pm (6 years ago)

Love the look of curved wording and it would be great for all kinds of sport designs.

7. barbara ann
    March 24, 2014 at 11:52 pm (6 years ago)

Thanks for this tip. I forgot I can also do this on my multi-needle as well as in my software. Sometimes it’s easier to add text from the machine!

8. Clarice Dean
    March 25, 2014 at 9:16 am (6 years ago)

Thanks for the info. I’ve noticed that the text selected at my machine doesn’t stitch out as smoothly as text I’ve selected in software.

9. Irma Clements
    March 25, 2014 at 3:47 pm (6 years ago)

I look forward to all these great tips. Keep up the good work.

10. http://www.5shades.com
    April 19, 2014 at 12:09 am (6 years ago)

For instance, web design professionals may bbe attacked personally through email,
    after visiting malicious websites, or through an identity attack.
    We have vast experience in web design services industry and are
    confident that we will exceed your expectations with
    your Web design swansea requirements in Swansea.
    We have a dedicated, full-time, professionally trained, pay per click management staff.