Multi-Needle Monster

MNSH_res_grandeFor years, people have been asking me to design a flat, magnetic hoop for the multi-needle machine that is recognized by the machine. Well it took some doing but it’s finally here, Multi-Needle Monster!

It features two points of attachment to the machine, at the right and left of the sewing field. MNMBlog1

When attached, the machine instinctively knows what size hoop is attached.  Because it’s completely flat with no interior ridge, it makes hooping a breeze and eliminates the chance of hoop burn.  You can make adjustments to the fabric after hooping and under the needle if necessary.

The funny thing is the magnetic frame of Multi-Needle Monster sits UNDER the fabric, not on top like the single-needle version. MNMBlog2

Keeping the magnetic frame under the fabric allows for tubular embroidery. You can slide a t-shirt over the magnetic frame and the throat of the machine.  If the metal frame was on the bottom, the attachments (arms) would interfere with the bulk of the garment. MNMBlog3

The flat magnetic hoop makes trimming applique a breeze.  You don’t have to struggle to get your scissors down into the sewing field.  Just move the frame out to access the sewing field and trim away.  Or if you have to remove the hoop from the machine to trim, place Multi-Needle Monster on a flat surface and then trim. Best of all, it comes in three sizes for the Baby Lock/Brother machines: 5” x 7”; 8” x 8” and 8” x 12”.  To learn more about these wonderful hoops, click here.

25 Comments on Multi-Needle Monster

1. Cindy Amend
    April 7, 2014 at 4:23 pm (6 years ago)

Will you eventually make a Snap Hoop Monster for other brands of Commercial machines. I have a ZSK and would love one of these. I currently have the Mighty Hoops, but they are not flat.

2. Jackie
    April 7, 2014 at 6:15 pm (6 years ago)

What us the price and does it fit brother pr600?

3. Rena Marr
    April 7, 2014 at 8:15 pm (6 years ago)

I cannot WAIT to get this set! It will help with hooping the annoying to hoop stuff I usually embroider – sleeping bags, duffle bags, etc. Thanks for developing them!

4. Janny
    April 7, 2014 at 10:40 pm (6 years ago)

Please make one so it fits Melcos Amaya!!!! Please oh please!

5. bon
    April 8, 2014 at 7:32 am (6 years ago)

is the monster for multi thread commercial machines?
    I have a hus viking, a designer 1 and ruby I hate hooping I purchased an endless hoop 170×130 but again it is the hooping..
    thank you.

6. Kathy
    April 8, 2014 at 10:48 am (6 years ago)

Please make one to fit my Toyota ESP9100!! Please!!

7. Sherry Titzer
    April 8, 2014 at 11:06 am (6 years ago)

Are you going to make a video showing how to use this new hoop?

• Barbara
      August 14, 2015 at 6:19 am (4 years ago)

I just received my MONSTER hoop yesterday! Can’t wait to use it I am going to do a sheet set Red with white embroidery Wish I had it for the towels Looking for your video to tell me how to use it

8. Royce Zook
    April 8, 2014 at 11:07 am (6 years ago)

Wow! Finally a really versatile hoop for the multi-needle. I have the Snap Hoop Original and Monster 8 X 8 for my Ellisimo and have found it to be the most usable of my collection. Now I must get the Monster for my Enterprise but I’m torn between selection of the sizes. Each size has its own value and one really doesn’t replace the other. The idea of having the metal frame on top while the magnetic frame is below the item to be stitched is good thinking. I’m sure re-hooping will occur until the bottom side up orientation gets to be habit!
    Can’t wait to get mine!

9. Rhonda Higgins
    April 8, 2014 at 2:52 pm (6 years ago)

Are you going to make the 8×8 inch to fit the Babylock BMP9 machine.
    I would love to use this size for making ITH quilt blocks.

10. marilyn buschini
    April 8, 2014 at 11:11 pm (6 years ago)

I have the single needle hoop for my babylock and I made your butterfly quilt for my grand daughter [she love it] it was a really easy project, I made myself a few jig’s and was off and running. turned out really nice. the quilt was a queen size and my first attempt at making a large quilt. Marilyn [the nut on the hill]

11. Angela
    April 9, 2014 at 12:48 am (6 years ago)

It looks like a great system but at $210.99 per hoop is the convenience worth the price?

12. Jenny
    April 11, 2014 at 5:29 pm (6 years ago)

Need one to fit Barudan please

13. Linda
    April 12, 2014 at 5:56 pm (6 years ago)

Just wondering why you did not do a hoop that is 8×12. That is the field the pr1000 can stitch

14. Sherry Titzer
    April 22, 2014 at 1:31 pm (6 years ago)

Does the PR1000e recognize the new multi-needle monster hoop in the same way as the hoops that came with the machine?

15. Judi Clark
    May 10, 2014 at 8:05 pm (6 years ago)

I have a 9 needle Tang Apollo. Just wondering if I can get the width measurement of the whole frame. By the looks of the photo, I think my husband would be able to make a few adjustments for this to fit my machine

16. Cindi scheffer
    June 11, 2014 at 9:16 am (5 years ago)

Have been watching EVERY youtube at least 10 X each. Still can’t find one that actually uses the hoop in a
    Machine. I have a 6 needle babylock. I want a hoop I can slide my quilt layers thru and do simple embroidery on
    The quilt top without hooping and screwing on and off. Is Magna Hoop for me or Monster hoop? I want to see
    Someone go to a multineedle machine and do the towel or quilt not a baby sock or a tee shirt. Can someone
    Help me figure this out? Thanks,Cindi

17. i-serwis.x9o.de
    June 20, 2014 at 1:44 pm (5 years ago)

Excellent blog! Do you have any recommendations for aspiring writers?

I’m hoping to start my own blog soon but I’m a little lost on everything.
    Would you suggest starting with a free platform
    like WordPress or go for a paid option? There are so many options
    out there that I’m completely overwhelmed ..
    Any ideas? Appreciate it!

18. small pocket folders
    July 7, 2014 at 11:13 am (5 years ago)

I really like what you dudes are now up to. This kind of smart work and coverage! Keep up the great work guys, I’ve incorporated you blogroll.

19. Edna Khalifeh
    July 21, 2014 at 4:51 pm (5 years ago)

I second the motion, please make one to fit the Melco Amayas!

20. Luci Slwyka
    September 12, 2014 at 7:06 am (5 years ago)

Please I need some help. I am having issues with my Snap Hoops for the 10 needle Babylock machine.
    My machine does not recognize the hoop that I am working with.
    The frame does not have a letter stamped on it as the instructions state; is that part of my problem?
    I purchased a set of 7×11 and a set of 4×4; 5×7. So far I have only been working with the 7×11. I print the templates and trace the designs with my machine. When the machine does the trace, the frame seems to jump and jam but it’s not obstructed at all. The trace indicates that there is enough room for my 10.8″ design. When I get close to the the frame (about 1″) when stitching out the design, the design starts stitching on itself.
    Also when tracing the design I have to move the design to the right almost 24 to 26mm. Then the design is technically not centered on my project.
    I have ruined entirely too many projects with this hoop. What can I do?

I am so very frustrated that the hoops are such a problem for me. I thought that they would make hooping so much easier but so far I have not been successful.

21. Elaine
    December 9, 2014 at 6:38 am (5 years ago)

Oh wow – this looks great, i have just ordered mine – i’m in the UK so hope it does’nt take too long to get here,
    Eileen please can you tell me why it needs to be on the B frame of my 10 needle machine.
    thanks Elaine

22. Elaine
    March 3, 2015 at 6:29 am (5 years ago)

Eileen please let us know if you are making the monster snap hoop for my new happy journey 7 needle machine, i have one for my brother 10 needle and it’s brilliant, but now need a 12×12 for the happy
    Elaine

23. Elaine
    June 1, 2015 at 3:44 am (4 years ago)

Does anyone ever get a reply from Eileen, i bought the mighty monster hoop – and i’m thrilled with it, but when i ask anything i never get a reply ??

• wondering
      October 1, 2015 at 10:38 am (4 years ago)

I was wondering if she ever replies either, however I did get this hoop today for the multi needle and I can tell all of you that the magnets are not very strong, strong enough for sweatshirts and tshirts etc, but not for thick items, in fact I really don’t see this holding a quilt sandwich, I can easily separate the magnets from eachother with nothing inbetween them, I think I am going to return it and get the mighty hoop, should have just done that anyway as I wanted to be able to use this on backpacks but the magnets are not strong enough to even keep the magnets together on the backpack, and im talking about a backpack from Walmart, not some thin backpack like she used here.