A Closer Look: Pincushion Tower

We’re launching a new series on Eileen’s Machine Embroidery blog, called A Closer Look.  As the name suggests, it will show an up close view of embroidery machines, notions, tools and anything else you might find in a sewing, embroidery or craft studio – plus some unexpected surprises!  A Closer Look will take you on a journey like no other!

I hope to make you smile and to encourage you to see your studio as a haven for creativity and fun!

– Denise Holguin

——————–

Joe enjoys the view from the park bench at Pincushion Tower.

He finds inspiration all around him – especially among the pretty, shiny pins.

He pins his hope on traveling the world visiting other pincushions.

Have you made a 3-tiered pincushion? Check out Katherine Artines’ book, Posh Pincushions, In the Hoop Floral Pincushions for inspiration and designs. Plus, Joe would love to visit!

For a limited time, enjoy up to $10.00 off shipping costs for orders shipped within the US.  Use coupon code:  blog530

13 Comments on A Closer Look: Pincushion Tower

1. Carol Seavitt
    May 30, 2014 at 3:44 pm (6 years ago)

So adorable. But where can we buy Joe and his park bench 🙂

2. Shirl R
    May 31, 2014 at 12:38 am (6 years ago)

That triple-tiered yellow, black and white pincushion would make anyone want to buy the book! Simply gorgeous!!! I would love to know where to buy what appears to be the small black and white polka dot ribbon which adorns the petal edges – I love polka dots, black and white especially!

3. Maga
    May 31, 2014 at 2:54 am (6 years ago)

Such a beautiful pin cushion really needs some very pretty pins for Joe to look at. Would need to find some before taking on a project like this. Any ideas where to find pretty/interesting pins?

• eileenroche
      June 1, 2014 at 7:39 pm (6 years ago)

The instructions on how to make the pins are in the Posh Pincushions book. Very easy!

May 31, 2014 at 9:48 am (6 years ago)

I have not made tiered pincushions, but I do have a weakness for pincushions. This one is very cute. Hugs.

5. Carolyn
    May 31, 2014 at 5:44 pm (6 years ago)

I haven’t made any pincushions yet, but I should give them a try. The CD is worth the price of the book. I just can’t decide which one I like best.

6. mOm
    June 1, 2014 at 5:28 am (6 years ago)

I can’t wait to read “The Closer Look” articles you will have coming our way!! Inspiration for sewing and creating. Love it!! Great start with such a lovely, creative book on pincushions!!

7. Mary Haggenmaker
    June 2, 2014 at 9:07 am (6 years ago)

This is exciting. Looking forward to many closer looks.

8. Joanne Banko
    June 2, 2014 at 10:50 am (6 years ago)

Thanks for starting this series Denise. I can’t wait to see where tiny Joe goes!!!Personally, I prefer stitching flowers indoors to digging outdoors. Katherine’s Posh Pincushion book provides a fun way to “grow flowers” and make great pincushions in the sewing room! Eileen’s instructions for making pretty pins on page nine makes each pincushion fit for a queen. I am making my own version of the Not Just For the Garden Shoe and attaching an emery filled strawberry to the heel for sharpening pins.

9. Susie Mackenberg
    June 2, 2014 at 6:22 pm (6 years ago)

Thanks so much for reminding me about Posh Pincushions! I bought the book, and placed it in my bookcase after drooling over the pictures! Now, I have dusted it off and am inspired to make the adorable 3 tiered pincushion. (I made the sweet ladybug in the Stitching Sister’s class several years ago!)

10. Crafts
    June 5, 2014 at 8:12 pm (6 years ago)

Superb publish. I’d been reviewing continuously this specific weblog for empowered! Useful info especially the shutting down stage 🙂 My partner and i take care of such information a lot. I had been in search of this specific facts for some time. Thanks a lot plus best of luck.

11. Barb Miller
    June 6, 2014 at 10:36 pm (6 years ago)

It must be the colors, but yellow and black have been my fasination for a while. I have made a quilt, placemats and even a banner. I jus love these colors. Very classy!

12. gratis sexdating
    March 5, 2016 at 1:16 am (4 years ago)

Wil jij ook eens genieten van gratis sex? Schrijf je dan snel in en geniet van gratis sex in jouw woonplaats.