Multi Needle Monday: Looking through a camera lens

By Guest Blogger, Denise Holguin
Managing Editor

I volunteered to cover Eileen’s Multi Needle Monday while she’s teaching this week.   Once I realized what I had done panic set in.  After careful consideration (and excitement over using a newly purchased macro camera lens) I thought I’d take an entirely different approach for today’s blog post.

Have you ever gazed at your multi needle machine with a sense of wonder and awe at its beauty?  Probably not.  I hadn’t either until today.  That piece of machinery is not only your source of income but a well-engineered machine – and today I’ll present it as a piece of art!

You’ll see an up close and personal look at a multi needle machine.  But have no fear—Designs in Machine Embroidery Editor and blogger, Eileen Roche, will be back next week!  In the meantime, enjoy!  You’ll also want to scroll through for some unexpected surprises…

Eileen's Machine Embroidery Blog

All the parts are so intricate.  I couldn’t help but place a tiny little figure in the scene.  Take a look at your multi needle machine in your sewing studio.  Now imagine how TINY this little figure must be!  One sneeze and he’s gone!

Eileen's Machine Embroidery Blog

Eileen's Machine Embroidery Blog

Eileen's Machine Embroidery Blog Eileen's Machine Embroidery Blog Eileen's Machine Embroidery Blog

Eileen's Machine Embroidery Blog

Eileen's Machine Embroidery Blog

While my macro lens was an investment  – just like your embroidery machine – they are meant to be used and enjoyed!  Don’t be afraid to roll up your sleeves and use your machine both as a tool and a creative outlet!

Eileen's Machine Embroidery Blog

19 Comments on Multi Needle Monday: Looking through a camera lens

1. marie zinno
    May 12, 2014 at 7:21 pm (3 years ago)

Great photography Denise! Maybe your miniature stitching friend might want to take a road trip to Ohio.

• Denise Holguin
      May 13, 2014 at 3:11 pm (3 years ago)

Thanks Marie! Not a bad idea– he’d certainly fit in a suitcase!

2. Anna
    May 12, 2014 at 8:09 pm (3 years ago)

I gaze at my machine in awe and admire its beauty all the time. My kids think I’m nuts. Great photography!

• Denise Holguin
      May 13, 2014 at 3:12 pm (3 years ago)

Anna,
      You have an eye for beauty and can appreciate the everyday things that many take for granted! Keep it up!

3. Rosemary Miller
    May 12, 2014 at 10:26 pm (3 years ago)

Very interesting and unconventional post. Great photography. Never think about all the little parts in my machine and what they do.

• Denise Holguin
      May 13, 2014 at 3:13 pm (3 years ago)

Thank you for the kind words, Rosemary! You made my day!

Denise

• Rosemary Miller
        May 13, 2014 at 7:21 pm (3 years ago)

You made my day with your creativity.

4. Donna
    May 12, 2014 at 10:54 pm (3 years ago)

Loved your post! I am going to make a collage of your fun photos to hang in my studio.

• Denise Holguin
      May 13, 2014 at 3:14 pm (3 years ago)

Donna!
      Wow! That absolutely makes me smile!

Denise

5. Emily Ruebsamen
    May 13, 2014 at 5:31 am (3 years ago)

You must have a Model Railroader in your live. Wil have to show mine this post 🙂

• Denise Holguin
      May 13, 2014 at 3:15 pm (3 years ago)

Emily,
      I used to have a train set as a child– and I love miniatures! I never imagined combining this fascination with embroidery but it worked! 😉

Hope your model railroader enjoys the post!

Denise

6. Barbi
    May 13, 2014 at 1:43 pm (3 years ago)

Very nice photos. Would love enlarged prints for my sewing room!

• Denise Holguin
      May 13, 2014 at 3:17 pm (3 years ago)

Barbi,
      That’s quite compliment, thank you! Stay tuned! 😉

Denise

7. judit z
    May 13, 2014 at 6:38 pm (3 years ago)

through the looking glass. Amazing what you can see when camera show details that we may not always see since the I can automatically blot out unnecessary things from our brain.

Purely amazing.

8. Carolyn morgan
    May 13, 2014 at 8:29 pm (3 years ago)

Amazing pics! Definitely hope you make them available to us multi needle worshipers! I give mine a “atta-boy” pat everyday for a job well done. I look forward to multi needle Mondays, but this one was special! Thank you!

9. Robbin
    May 14, 2014 at 6:33 pm (3 years ago)

Loved your blog post and photos. I’ve had my multi needle since my birthday Feb 19th. I still haven’t even plugged it in. I go look at her but then decide I better not tackle it right now! Lol maybe someday soon I’ll take the leap. Your photos make it look not so intimidating. Thanks for the up close peek!

May 18, 2014 at 5:59 pm (3 years ago)

Thanks for the close up pictures. I am saving to get a multi needle machine. I will come home plug in and start it up right away.

11. ginnie
    January 4, 2016 at 5:57 pm (2 years ago)

just fount this information, i’m terrified of my 6 needle babylock, setting up colors. after seeing the above info, i’m going to give it a try again! I just cant understand what the book is telling me.

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Multi Needle Monday: Looking through a camera lens

1. […] cool, this  piece from the blog for Designs in Machine Embroidery Magazine,  which turns a multi-needle embroidery machine into a work of art.   I love when ordinary items that we use so often we don’t even see them anymore are […]