Embroidery & Sewing Investigation

When Dave and Jan heard about Multi-Needle Mondays at Eileen’s Machine Embroidery Blog, they decided to go on a sightseeing tour.  They stopped to admire the view from the Baby Lock Enterprise.

Suddenly, Jan lost her balance and fell into a mysterious hole.

IMG_5708_rec-acloserlook

Fortunately, Hans was out for his afternoon workout. He acted quickly and used some Madeira thread to pull Jan to safety.

Eileen's Machine Embroidery Blog

IMG_5720-acloserlook

Eileen's Machine Embroidery Blog

An investigation was quickly made. What is the purpose of the hole? Should the city order a manhole cover?

Eileen's Machine Embroidery Blog

A final report was issued and the press (Eileen’s Machine Embroidery Blog) was quickly alerted to broadcast the important information.

We typically store the Needle changing tool (Threader) in that position. It appears someone forgot to return it there after it was used.

Eileen's Machine Embroidery Blog

What is the Needle changing tool (Threader), anyway?

Eileen's Machine Embroidery Blog

Let’s compare a single needle machine to a multi-needle machine.  Here’s a close-up view of the needle area of a single needle machine.  It’s easy to loop the thread with your hands through the needle bar thread guide.

But it’s not quite the same with a multi-needle machine. Look at all those needles – there is very little space between each needle.  That’s the reason for the tool!

Take a look at the photo below showing the Needle changing tool (Threader) in action.  The groove is designed to help guide the thread through the needle bar thread guide.

Dave and Jan decided to return to the original spot to complete their photo diary. They are looking forward to another exciting adventure to share with their friends.

Eileen's Machine Embroidery Blog

23 Comments on Embroidery & Sewing Investigation

1. Jackie
    June 23, 2014 at 11:39 am (5 years ago)

Great play by play, sure wish I had a multi needle machine.

• Denise Holguin
      June 23, 2014 at 3:15 pm (5 years ago)

Thank you Jackie! Yes, multi-needle machines are great – and who knows.. maybe down the road you’ll have one too! In the meantime, I’ll include my team of miniatures on single needle machines to entertain you and others. 🙂

2. Belinda Germain
    June 23, 2014 at 11:55 am (5 years ago)

I use 3 pen holders on top of my screen to hold my threader, my tweezers and my Snag Nab It. Handy and I no longer have to search for them! I would post a photo, but not sure how.

• Denise Holguin
      June 23, 2014 at 3:06 pm (5 years ago)

Hi Belinda,
      That’s a great idea and I’d love to see a photo. Send it to me– dholguin@dzgns.com
      Or post it on our Facebook page. 🙂

Denise

3. Karen Poole
    June 23, 2014 at 11:58 am (5 years ago)

I LOVE this blog! What a cute IDE!! I love mystery stories and I love embroidery so this caught my attention right away!! I, like the first writer, would sure love to have a multi needle embroidery machine!! I have a red ally nice embroidery machine, I love it, I’m certainly not complaining about that! It would just be super fun to have the multi needle machine!

• Denise Holguin
      June 24, 2014 at 4:26 pm (5 years ago)

Karen,
      I was beaming when I saw your comment! I’ll try to work in some more mystery stories for you– we are having a lot of fun putting these ‘little’ posts together.

Denise

4. Barbara Ann
    June 23, 2014 at 12:12 pm (5 years ago)

Multi-needle Monday blog is always informative – love it, and my multi-needle machine! Thanks.

5. Carolyn Rollberg
    June 23, 2014 at 1:43 pm (5 years ago)

Thanks for the cute narrative!!!

6. Chris
    June 23, 2014 at 1:51 pm (5 years ago)

I’ve had my machine for over three years and no one told me there even was a holder for the needle threader!! I’ve got to go find that spot, I can’t began to say how much time I’ve wasted in the past looking for that little tool.

7. Nancy
    June 23, 2014 at 3:57 pm (5 years ago)

I hope someday soon to get a multi-needle machine. As I wait, I enjoy learning about them. Great and FUN description here. Enjoyed it!
    Nancy in Grand Rapids

8. Joe
    June 23, 2014 at 5:57 pm (5 years ago)

Thank you again for helping learn more about my six needle machine. Now I know where to place this tool instead of always putting it away, now it’s within reach when I need it. Great tips!! Keep them coming.

9. Darlene Pino
    June 23, 2014 at 10:03 pm (5 years ago)

Denise, Thank you for your Multi-Needle Blog. It has given me the courage to make the leap. I just bought a 16 needle Melco. It arrived today. Thank you/

10. Rachel Price
    June 24, 2014 at 1:04 am (5 years ago)

Denise, Like Chris above, I too was never told about the Threader Holder.! I’ll use it from now on! Love DIME. Magazine….and especially Love Eileen and Marie when they do their Stitching Sisters events. Hope to see them more in the Northeast. Thanks to both of them for the wonderful tips and ideas. And, Thank You for you your input on the Multi Needle Mondays. I Love my Enterprise!

11. vicki allen
    June 24, 2014 at 11:25 am (5 years ago)

I have had my 10 needle for over two years. I always lose the needle threader and spend a lot of time looking for it. Now I find there is a special place on the machine which is meant to put it in. Very good information
    . Thanks for the tip.

12. mattie greene
    June 24, 2014 at 5:50 pm (5 years ago)

I have had my 6 needle baby lock for 2 yr. and only had it on to 1 time to see if came on . I read your blog all the time and print all the how to;s It looks at me and every day I look at it, with your blog I am getting more courage. I to never knew about the needle threader and guess what the hole is there, wow. Love Love your web site.

13. clear pocket folders
    July 7, 2014 at 11:00 am (5 years ago)

F*ckin’ tremendous issues here. I am very glad to peer your post. Thanks a lot and i am looking ahead to contact you. Will you please drop me a mail?

14. emr software for gynecologist
    September 7, 2014 at 7:10 pm (5 years ago)

You could definitely see your skills within the work you write. The sector hopes for more passionate writers such as you who are not afraid to mention how they believe. At all times follow your heart.

15. emr medical software
    September 9, 2014 at 5:30 am (5 years ago)

Thank you for some other fantastic article. Where else may just anyone get that type of info in such a perfect method of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am on the search for such information.

16. Juli Carver
    September 18, 2014 at 3:04 pm (5 years ago)

I’ve been browsing online more than 3 hours these days, yet I by no means discovered any fascinating article like yours. It is pretty price sufficient for me. In my view, if all website owners and bloggers made excellent content material as you probably did, the net can be much more helpful than ever before.

17. scansnap s510
    September 23, 2014 at 8:59 am (5 years ago)

I found your weblog website on google and verify just a few of your early posts. Proceed to maintain up the excellent operate. I simply further up your RSS feed to my MSN Information Reader. Looking for forward to studying more from you in a while!…

18. health records
    October 9, 2014 at 7:19 am (5 years ago)

I am now not certain where you are getting your information, however good topic. I needs to spend some time finding out much more or understanding more. Thank you for fantastic info I was in search of this information for my mission.

19. dcf training hipaa
    December 17, 2014 at 4:02 am (5 years ago)

I’d should check with you here. Which is not something I usually do! I enjoy reading a publish that may make people think. Additionally, thanks for allowing me to comment!

20. Radha Bhajans
    August 29, 2017 at 6:37 pm (2 years ago)

Thanks for another informative blog. The place else may I get that type of information written in such an ideal approach? I’ve a project that I’m simply now running on, and I’ve been on the look out for such info.