Love that Zoom Tool

I’ve met many Baby Lock and Brother machine owners (both multi-needle or single-needle machines) who didn’t know how to get a close-up look at an embroidery design before actually stitching. The tool is accessed at the top of the editing screen on my multi-needle machine (and single-needle machine). Once I’ve aligned my designs, I like to double-check the positions of each of the elements and the best way to do that is with the hoop view.

Zoom Tool

Now the view transforms to the hoop view. Hoop Tool

But here’s my favorite tool – the magnifying glass. Magnifying Glass Tool

Once selected, the designs fill the screen. Now I can verify the position of each element before taking a stitch.Zoomed in design

What’s your favorite tool?

24 Comments on Love that Zoom Tool

1. Linda Myers
    June 9, 2014 at 3:25 pm (5 years ago)

I like the 1 degree rotate and the nudge.

2. Belinda Germain
    June 9, 2014 at 3:39 pm (5 years ago)

I like the zoom tool as it lets me know everything is in its place.

3. Pamela Black
    June 9, 2014 at 5:10 pm (5 years ago)

I, too, Love that Zoom Tool and the magnifier. The whole single needle embroidery machine from BabyLock (Ellismo Gold) is wonderful. Thank you for your weekly blogs. They have been very helpful.

4. Cathy
    June 9, 2014 at 5:39 pm (5 years ago)

Well, I did not know there was a zoom tool, or a hoop tool, so after I just checked on my PR-600, I’m excited to start using both. Thank you for the useful information on your blog.

5. Nancy Howard
    June 9, 2014 at 7:10 pm (5 years ago)

I love that I can swap the spools of thread on-screen instead of having to physically change them.

6. Karin Callander
    June 9, 2014 at 7:13 pm (5 years ago)

I like that spacing tool, where you can squish the letters together and the slice tool, where you can cut letters apart to resize them individually if need be (and always seems to need be!)

Love your tips & tricks & really appreciate all you share!

7. Shannon Schmid
    June 9, 2014 at 9:40 pm (5 years ago)

I love the ability to curve lettering or flip it ‘up’ or ‘down’ on the diagonal. So that and the random color visualizer on my Ellisimo Gold II are my frequent friends! 🙂 SLS

8. Jean
    June 9, 2014 at 9:51 pm (5 years ago)

Love all my tools on the Ellissmo. Just the best machine ever. The camera is my favorite.

9. Chris
    June 9, 2014 at 11:50 pm (5 years ago)

My MOST FAVORITE tool is the ‘snowman’. It helps to place the design in the right spot even if I haven’t hooped it straight!

10. Dawn
    June 10, 2014 at 6:05 am (5 years ago)

I have two I use a lot, realistic view and I have a tool where you can watch how a design
    will stitch out.

11. marie zinno
    June 10, 2014 at 7:05 am (5 years ago)

My favorite tool is the scanner! I do use the zoom feature but the scanner has to be at the top of the list.

12. Doree shandera
    June 10, 2014 at 9:50 am (5 years ago)

I love the zoom also but would really love it if you could nudge the design while IN the zoom mode. Utopia 🙂

13. Audrey P.
    June 10, 2014 at 2:37 pm (5 years ago)

I didn’t know I had that feature. I just checked it out and it’s amazing. Still getting to know my machine and all it can do. Keep the tips and tricks coming. I love to learn and use my machine to the fullest.

14. Pati Wilson
    June 10, 2014 at 5:02 pm (5 years ago)

I Love, Love (!) my Brother PR1000 and have a sweet little business growing. Please help in your multineedle blog about HATS, I can’t seem to master a professional looking hat and more of my clients want them with their logos. I cant get the logo closer than 3 inches from the brim and the camera and snowman will not read. I so appreciate this series. Thanks for your help!

15. Joanne Banko
    June 10, 2014 at 11:14 pm (5 years ago)

Ahhh, tools for creativity. So many tools, so much to love! One of my all time favorites is the tool used for density adjustments. Ive found this tool on the Quattro to be very helful for reducing the stitch count slightly without adversely affecting the design on lighter weight fabrics. Plus, even though I love my PE design software “tool” its nice to be able to adjust right at the machine.
    One more well loved tool is the trial key. Works wonderfully for lining up designs with templates and DIME target stickers.

June 11, 2014 at 6:44 am (5 years ago)

My favorite tool, and most often used tool, is simply the ability to sew around the design to keep everything secure.

17. Laurene Shewan
    June 11, 2014 at 7:06 am (5 years ago)

Snap Hoop Monster is my favorite tool. I use it to hoop many things, but especially love it when I am quilting on my embroidery machine. I can leave the bottom hoop in the machine, remove the top, rearrange the fabric to the next embroidery area, and put the top hoop back on. So fast and easy!

18. Cherry
    June 11, 2014 at 9:13 pm (5 years ago)

I have a new Brother SE400 and am wondering what software would help expand my creativity. I also own a larger hoop so I have the ability to move positions and do larger work. Please help!

19. Irma Clements
    June 30, 2014 at 11:18 pm (5 years ago)

I love all your editorials, I look forward to the Brother 1000e instructions.

20. custom printed pocket folders
    July 7, 2014 at 11:25 am (5 years ago)

I discovered your weblog website on google and check a few of your early posts. Continue to maintain up the really very good operate. I just extra up your RSS feed to my MSN News Reader. Seeking forward to reading a lot more from you later on!

21. best pest control
    July 14, 2014 at 3:42 am (5 years ago)

You really make it seem so easy along with your presentation but I to find this topic to be actually one thing that I feel I’d never understand. It seems too complex and very extensive for me. I’m having a look forward in your next submit, I will attempt to get the grasp of it!

22. properties to rent
    July 14, 2014 at 4:41 am (5 years ago)

Have you ever thought about writing an e-book or gust writing on other sites? I have a blog based on the same ideas you discuss and would love to have you share some stories/information. I know my audience would appreciate your work. If you’re even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an e-mail.

23. window draft excluder
    July 22, 2014 at 10:53 am (5 years ago)

I would like to thnkx for the efforts you have put in writing this website. I am hoping the same high-grade site post from you in the upcoming also. Actually your creative writing skills has encouraged me to get my own web site now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings quickly. Your write up is a good example of it.

24. joyce lockyer
    September 6, 2014 at 9:03 am (5 years ago)

Thank you for explaining the zoom feature!