Software Saturday – 3D Effect

SphereLook what feature is coming in September – 3D motifs in Perfect Embroidery Pro. This new feature is so fun and versatile, you’ll find many occasions to add a new dimension to your embroidery. It all happens with just click of the mouse.

Take a look at some simple shapes filled with motifs. The motifs are interesting but flat. PlainShapes

When 3D is applied, they appear to pop off the screen!

3D Shapes

When would you apply the 3D feature? My first thoughts include Christmas ornaments, balls, spheres, Easter eggs, sun, moon, buildings in landscapes, and flower centers.

Sunf

The feature is not limited to ovals, circles and rectangles. In fact, anything that can be converted to a complex fill can be morphed with the 3D feature. Let me show you how easy it is to do.

Start with a shape by clicking on the artwork tool and drawing an ellipse.

PEP1

Select the shape, right click and select Convert to Complex Fill from the drop down menu.

pep2

Once the shape is filled, select Motif from the Fill Type menu in the Properties box.

pep3

Select a motif, click on 3D effect and click Apply.

pep4

Boom! There you have it!

pep5

Don’t like the edges? Right click on the shape and select Create Border from the drop down menu. pep6

Explore more possibilities by changing the pattern length or selecting a different motif.

pep7

This new feature is fun, fun, fun! I can’t wait to see what you do with it.

26 Comments on Software Saturday – 3D Effect

1. Verla Sonier
    August 30, 2014 at 7:39 pm (5 years ago)

looks sample thank i would like this soft where

2. Ellen
    August 30, 2014 at 9:47 pm (5 years ago)

Love it can’t wait to try it.

3. Sheila
    August 31, 2014 at 12:46 am (5 years ago)

What software is this?

• eileenroche
      August 31, 2014 at 7:38 am (5 years ago)

This is DiME’s Inspiration Perfect Embroidery Pro.

4. Rhonda Higgins
    August 31, 2014 at 1:58 am (5 years ago)

WOW!!!! I want it.

5. Elaine
    August 31, 2014 at 6:20 am (5 years ago)

Is this an add on for another software or a stand alone? Who makes this? More info please.

• Dori
      September 17, 2014 at 11:46 am (5 years ago)

Hi
      This software is the Perfect Embroidery Pro. G7 (programmers) and DIME (Eileen) are working as a team to create the best embroidery digitizing in the world! Not an ad…just showing what her new software can do and will be Inspiring you for years!!

Dori – Tech Support
      Come to the forum and find out how to do your most inspiring digitizing.

6. Nancy Wood
    August 31, 2014 at 6:55 am (5 years ago)

When will I hear from DIME about your G7 acquisition? I have the “old floriani” and am anxious to hear about your update.

• Dori
      September 17, 2014 at 11:48 am (5 years ago)

As dealers become Inspired, you will get an email with links that will download this software beside your other software. Yes, it is free.

7. Linda a.
    August 31, 2014 at 8:57 am (5 years ago)

Looks amazing! I would love to use it!

8. Jan R Shaw
    August 31, 2014 at 10:36 am (5 years ago)

I second Nancy’s question. I too have the “old floriani” My local store does not carry Inspiration Perfect Embroidery Pro. Will I be able to download your software?

9. Betsy Megna
    August 31, 2014 at 12:27 pm (5 years ago)

I too am being patient waiting to hear how we will get the new software if our dealer is not participating with a Dime. Please provide some information.

10. barbara asberry
    August 31, 2014 at 1:08 pm (5 years ago)

I think I will enjoy this software. aDD ME TO THE LIST AND WHERE CAN I PURCHASE IT/ . BARB

11. R. Edwin
    September 1, 2014 at 9:44 am (5 years ago)

How do the features of DiME compare with the features 6D? I’m hoping to buy an embroidery software sometime this year and would like to know which software offer which features. Years ago you had a comparison chart in your magazine. Do you have plans to do an article like that in the near future? I would love to see it this fall. I hope to buy my software around Christmas time.

• NancyR
      September 10, 2014 at 11:50 am (5 years ago)

What I like about the Dime/Inspiration software is it s very user friendly, all of your designing, editing and lettering is done on one design page; you do not have to open your project in several modules to complete it. Additional software is not required to save a design in your machine format, all major machine formats are included. The support offered with the software is excellent, interactive forums to post questions, answers and suggestions, free webinars offering techniques and project suggestions and illustrating software features. Hope this helps.

12. cjk
    September 1, 2014 at 11:19 am (5 years ago)

PLEASE D I M E…we ALL need some clarification on how/when we get the update to our Floriani software. The Blogs are very confusing…Aug 6th says it will come via a link from our Inspirations dealer….who is that? A later blog says it will just be a click of the mouse if we have our Floriani software current installed and registered. Please provide one definitive answer WITH DETAILS. Pretend you are as in the dark as we all are. Pretend you are as frustrated as we all are.

13. cjk
    September 1, 2014 at 11:20 am (5 years ago)

and Im not referring to this 3D update. I know this is September. I am talking about in general. Thank you

14. tina barry
    September 6, 2014 at 7:36 pm (5 years ago)

I am not up on the software but I was told that I would be getting a free copy of the ssoftware.my dealer is staying floriani and they have my total control U for pick up. Where do I get my copy of yours.

15. Kathy Schmidt
    September 9, 2014 at 1:32 pm (5 years ago)

I also do not have a local dealer anymore, I have a registered copy of click to stitch by floriani and would like to be able to try the new software but how do I do that without a dealer anymore?

16. NancyR
    September 10, 2014 at 11:29 am (5 years ago)

They are nearing completion of the DIME/Inspiration dealer list. For further information about your download link, please contact the support desk at http://www.InspirationSupport.com/osticket and include your name, address and the dealer where you purchased the original software on the support ticket.

If you are a new customer and wish to purchase the Dime/Inspiration embroidery or quilting software packages, you may also use this link http://www.InspirationSupport.com/osticket to request the name of the dealer closest to you.

17. tina barry
    September 13, 2014 at 4:47 pm (5 years ago)

I completed the help ticket got no response. Picked up my FTCU today. Is this the level of support I will get if and when i get my software

• Dori
      September 17, 2014 at 11:53 am (5 years ago)

Checked on the HelpDesk and I do not see a ticket from you….please submit one again….I will be happy to answer.

Also….check about updates and upgrades on the forum.
      Dori – Tech Support
      Come to the forum and find out how to do your most inspiring digitizing.

18. barbara asberry
    September 17, 2014 at 12:37 pm (5 years ago)

Eileen, I do want the 3-D soft ware /

19. EUGENIA Marie MORIN
    October 6, 2014 at 9:30 am (5 years ago)

1880 GRANT ROAD

20. EUGENIA Marie MORIN
    October 6, 2014 at 9:42 am (5 years ago)

WOW ..so many new things to use …..Have purchased Calligraphy Project designer…..and am in trouble…… Money spent and can’t use it…
    I NEED to have a STEP BY STEP ‘HAND HELD’ VIDEO ON HOW IT’S TO BE
    USED — not like… go to page so and so and just do it….it doesn’t
    work like that for me….I’d like to try the new stuff but need to conquer the one I purchased first….. need help before I throw more money out the window, HELP

21. EUGENIA Marie MORIN
    October 6, 2014 at 9:46 am (5 years ago)

I Want to try the 3D soon… looks so interesting