It’s Sew Easy – The Gift of Sewing

ISE 513-2 PIC 3

Be sure an tune-in to the upcoming episode of It’s Sew Easy, 513 – The Gift of Sewing. Here are some program highlights!

Marie Zinno uses the 10-needle Entrepreneur Pro PR1000e to create beautiful monogrammed towels. She demonstrates proper design placement and discusses the right stabilizers to use along with hooping techniques.  She shows why understitching is important on fabrics with a pile, like terrycloth.  Then she creates lettering on the machine and embroiders on sheer wired ribbon. She shows how to hoop and stabilize the ribbon for stunning results.

Using the Quattro 2 -6700D, Eileen Roche embroiders on shoes! She stabilizes and stitches on the shoes themselves, and also creates free standing motifs to apply onto any shoe for a true couture look.  She shows how to print templates in actual size from embroidery software to assure the designs will fit onto the shoe. ISE 513-2 PIC 1

Angela Wolf sews buttons on by machine using the Innov-is VM6200D Dreamweaver XE as she continues to create a trendy jacket.

It’s Sew Easy episode 513 will be on the It’s Sew Easy website starting at noon on Friday, September 19. It will run for 7 days – don’t miss it!

Here’s your assignment this week: Embroidered shoes are not your typical embroidered item. Leave a comment below about the most unusual thing you’ve embroidered. One comment will be chosen at random to receive a $100 gift certificate courtesy of Pickle Pie Designs for use at PicklePieDesigns.com – thanks for reading and good luck! PicklePieDesigns_DIME-Blog-Graphic
The winner of last week assignment: Visit any or all of the stops on the blog tour listed above. Comment below about your favorite quilt or technique you saw on the tour. One comment will be selected to receive a copy of Nancy’s book Quick Column Quilts – good luck!Quick_Column_Quilts_Book_CoverAnd the winner is Laura L. – “I LOVE your Sun Kissed quilt! My other fav is the Blue & White one …I can’t remember her name . . . but it was classic!”

116 Comments on It’s Sew Easy – The Gift of Sewing

1. Belinda Germain
    September 17, 2014 at 12:22 pm (5 years ago)

Toilet paper, it can make very funny gag gifts. Everyone loves it!

2. Donna Fecteau
    September 17, 2014 at 12:22 pm (5 years ago)

The most unusual thing I have embroidered on is a gym bag. A friend of mine asked me to embroider last names and team number on a bunch of gym bags for her sons team.

3. Paule-Marie
    September 17, 2014 at 12:37 pm (5 years ago)

The most unusual item was a fishing rod case with a monogram. I designed and made the custom case for a fisherman I worked with.

4. Karen Blancher
    September 17, 2014 at 12:42 pm (5 years ago)

Maybe not unusual but I had to embroider a lace border on a lace over skirt for my DIL. I wish I had taken pictures…

5. beth daniels
    September 17, 2014 at 12:47 pm (5 years ago)

The most unusual thing I had to embroider a fleur de lis on a sweatshirt that had a hole on the bottom and side of the seatshirt. It was a black sweatshirt and I did a gold fleur de lis on it. Go New Orleans Saints!

6. Kathy
    September 17, 2014 at 12:48 pm (5 years ago)

I’m new to machine embroidery. So the most unusual thing I have monogrammed is a purse I made. I know I have a lot to learn.

7. Colleen Bell
    September 17, 2014 at 2:13 pm (5 years ago)

I tried embroidering on the reverse side of an art canvas with the intention of the reverse embroidery showing. I purchased a simple light stitching design that I thought would be the same on either side and sprayed it to the stabilizer, but it was too much off balance so I never finished it. I think it would work wonderful with Eileen’s magnetic hoop if it was a larger canvas such that the magnets were inside, but then the extra white space could be handled with artistic painting. Maybe I’ll try again.

• sandra cunningham
      September 18, 2014 at 4:07 am (5 years ago)

What about using a basting stitch to tack it securely?

• Colleen Bell
        September 19, 2014 at 1:53 pm (5 years ago)

Thank you for thinking about this with me. I decided not to do that since I thought the needle marks would leave too big of a hole and couldn’t be smoothed away like fabric. They seemed to be more permanent.

• Karen W
          September 19, 2014 at 11:19 pm (5 years ago)

What about embroidering on sheer fabric? It would barely show if you pick a color to match or coordinate w/ the area, then you could glue or tacked into place onto the canvas – whichever side you wanted it to be on, without making it too permanent.

8. Kelly Wood
    September 17, 2014 at 3:09 pm (5 years ago)

I would have to say the strangest thing for me were some men’s underwear. He was going into a nursing home and his children wanted his clothes marked.

9. Lisa Mercer
    September 17, 2014 at 3:36 pm (5 years ago)

Toilet paper embroidery

10. Kristal
    September 17, 2014 at 5:16 pm (5 years ago)

I embroidered a golf motif on a pair of shorts my husband got a hole in.
    That was really a ‘hole in one!’

11. Sheila
    September 17, 2014 at 5:45 pm (5 years ago)

I guess the most unusual item was a piece of linen that I used to cover a bulletin board.

12. Melanie Leigh
    September 17, 2014 at 6:26 pm (5 years ago)

Toilet tissue,

13. Nancy
    September 17, 2014 at 6:26 pm (5 years ago)

I’m like a couple of others who have said toilet paper. Such a crazy thing to embroider on.

14. Cassandra Hammond
    September 17, 2014 at 6:38 pm (5 years ago)

A Vera Bradley lunch bag for a friend. Really nervous, turned out great!

15. sue cleek
    September 17, 2014 at 6:49 pm (5 years ago)

Being a newbie, the most unusual thing for me was a towel set- or maybe a hair ribbon, whichever would be the most unusual.

16. Frances Powell
    September 17, 2014 at 7:45 pm (5 years ago)

I embroideried an old table runner that was stained for a wedding. I thought it was the bride’s grandmother’s antique table runner. I found out later that she had gotten it at a garage sale.

17. maria elena
    September 17, 2014 at 7:59 pm (5 years ago)

I did some free standing lace then put them on soap bars and melted some wax over the top to glue them with , they were soo cute also made candles to match. everyone thought they were great and pretty clever!!!

September 17, 2014 at 9:46 pm (5 years ago)

I embroidered some free standing lace and stitched it to the neckline of a T-shirt. It turned out so beautiful, I can’t wait to try another.

19. Rita
    September 17, 2014 at 9:48 pm (5 years ago)

toilet paper

20. beverly tucker
    September 17, 2014 at 9:51 pm (5 years ago)

The most unusual and meaningful was a “Happily Ever After” pillow for my sons wedding with both their names and est. date on it. It turned out beautiful and will be a lasting treasure of the most momentous date in their lives so far..

September 17, 2014 at 9:52 pm (5 years ago)

I embroidered some dragonflies on organdy that weren’t free standing designs, and then cut them out to use as free standing for some dresses for my granddaughters when they were younger.

22. Jennifer P
    September 17, 2014 at 9:55 pm (5 years ago)

I embroidered rather large day glow letters spelling out our last name on my daughter’s US Air Force duffle bag that she packed for Afghanistan. The day glo letters allowed her to pick her pack out of the multitude in the hangar when she deplaned.

23. Lynn P
    September 17, 2014 at 9:57 pm (5 years ago)

A shirt for a dog!

24. Valerie Herrington
    September 17, 2014 at 10:01 pm (5 years ago)

I embroidered a small pillow from the bride’s grandmother’s coffin. It was used as a ring bearer pillow. Turned out beautiful and meant so much to the family.

25. Rhonda Higgins
    September 17, 2014 at 10:06 pm (5 years ago)

I put “eyes” (like the ones you put on a sleep mask)on a bra for a breast cancer awareness display.

26. tammy
    September 17, 2014 at 10:08 pm (5 years ago)

The most unusual thing I embroidered was a fabric plaque for my parents 50 th wedding aniversary. I really did not like it at first until I added rhinestones and got it framed, They Loved it. What a difference.

27. Lura Campbell
    September 17, 2014 at 10:09 pm (5 years ago)

What a great idea for a wedding party.

28. Shirley Clark
    September 17, 2014 at 10:15 pm (5 years ago)

Not so unusual, but funny. My husband plays cards with a guy who is always picking on me all in good fun.
    So I took a pair of black socks and did a decorative stitch around the top of them in pink.
    To my amazement, he actually wore them! LOL

29. Judy G
    September 17, 2014 at 10:17 pm (5 years ago)

I am rather new to machine embroidery so would have to say the embroidery I did on capes made for the grandchildren is the most unusual project for me so far. I have a Quattro 2 and am looking forward to seeing how to embroider shoes on it!

30. Beverly
    September 17, 2014 at 10:17 pm (5 years ago)

Nothing really unusual but I love to embroider!

31. Linda
    September 17, 2014 at 10:20 pm (5 years ago)

I once embroideries on balsa wood. I used the design on top of a small box. It was fun and turned out well.

32. Shirleyc
    September 17, 2014 at 10:25 pm (5 years ago)

I embroidered on balsa wood. Several tries but I finally got it done. It was for my husband.

33. Barbara
    September 17, 2014 at 11:46 pm (5 years ago)

Most unusual think I’ve embroidered on, like many others, was toilet paper; lots of them for Christmas gifts!!!

34. Arel
    September 17, 2014 at 11:50 pm (5 years ago)

The most unusual surface I have embroidered on, was bark, which was a gift for a friend leaving town. She was amazed that I even thought of doing that was so taken by such a unique gift, I think everyone in town saw her ‘farewell’ gift.

35. Donna Klug
    September 18, 2014 at 2:15 am (5 years ago)

The most unusual thing that I embroidered was Balsa wood for a tray. It turned out quite well!

36. sandra cunningham
    September 18, 2014 at 4:11 am (5 years ago)

Haven’t done it yet, but I want to try and embroidered card.

37. Maria goad
    September 18, 2014 at 6:56 am (5 years ago)

I’ve embroidered on a outside screen. It looked awesome when I was done. Made it for my father in law when he bought a new house as a housewarming gift.

38. judy
    September 18, 2014 at 7:16 am (5 years ago)

I enjoy embroidering garden flags.

39. Gayle
    September 18, 2014 at 7:59 am (5 years ago)

The most unusual items were 10 spider chairs padded canvas backs for a group at work that were given the chairs as Christmas gifts. They always braai (barbeque) together, so that each could take their own chair home.

40. Jacque
    September 18, 2014 at 8:55 am (5 years ago)

I learned to paper piece at a retreat so when I got home I did the paper piecing with lace and decorative stitches then I embroidered “My Mother Is” and in each of the blocks I added a word that described my mom. I then framed it and gave one to my mom and one to my mother in law. They thought I was so talented. My mother in law even called me the next day to come hang hers so she can see it. Made my heart smile!

41. Ellen Perry
    September 18, 2014 at 9:53 am (5 years ago)

Gym bags for 14 cheerleaders
    I took a key fob and turned it into an appliqué then
    Put there name shaped like a megaphone
    Ellen P

42. Patty
    September 18, 2014 at 10:01 am (5 years ago)

My most unusual item was a tote bag that I made out of window screening with a pocket on the outside that was embroidered! Turned out great.

43. Tina Stewart
    September 18, 2014 at 10:01 am (5 years ago)

Family asked me to embroider a shirt for their deceased family member to wear during funeral and burial.

44. Rosalyn
    September 18, 2014 at 10:05 am (5 years ago)

I embroidered my Grandson’s name on a baseball bat carrying bag. He let’s everyone know that his Grandma embroidered his “cool bag”. Found the bag on Amazon.

45. Barbara
    September 18, 2014 at 10:19 am (5 years ago)

My husband had to wear a sling for a broken arm and we were going to our son’s change of command service so I embroidered Proud Navy Dad on it for him. It was a big hit and made him feel good.

46. Dale Fedor
    September 18, 2014 at 10:33 am (5 years ago)

toilet paper & a dog coat

47. Karen Roop
    September 18, 2014 at 11:19 am (5 years ago)

I also embroidered toilet paper (12 rolls) for my Bunco group at Christmas, got a lot of laughs and some people didn’t know what to do with it! I told them well if you really want to use it tear off the first sheet and use it!
    Karen

48. mad14kt
    September 18, 2014 at 11:45 am (5 years ago)

WOW!!! What a GREAT idea 🙂

49. Carol Seavitt
    September 18, 2014 at 11:58 am (5 years ago)

Burlap initials with ‘Mr and Mrs _____ est. 2013’. Then framed the work! Did this for my newly married nieces and nephews — my SIL loved it so much she requested one for herself.

50. Donna
    September 18, 2014 at 12:10 pm (5 years ago)

Screen for a screen door

51. Barb Grant
    September 18, 2014 at 12:48 pm (5 years ago)

I embroidered a monogram on a child’s umbrella. It wasn’t too difficult because the fabric could come off the frame. She loved it!

52. Mary Berman
    September 18, 2014 at 12:52 pm (5 years ago)

A fishing pack I made out of backpack material. Was my first attempt at using as an embroidery machine. Have learned a lot over the last 5 years. Husband very proud of his one of a kind pack.

53. Kathy Schmidt
    September 18, 2014 at 1:19 pm (5 years ago)

A horse halter is the most interesting thing I have embroidered on. I added a name plate that’s removable and washable with velco fastener and its been a hit at the local gymkhana club.

54. THERESA RICE
    September 18, 2014 at 3:38 pm (5 years ago)

Balsa wood, cards, and TP.

55. Ellen
    September 18, 2014 at 4:57 pm (5 years ago)

I am like some of the others. I have embroidered on toilet paper for gag gifts for friends of my mothers.

September 18, 2014 at 7:30 pm (5 years ago)

Either toilet paper or soap comes to mind…. By far, soap starts the most interesting conversations……

57. Patricia
    September 18, 2014 at 8:01 pm (5 years ago)

The oddest thing I’ve ever embroidered is a bathroom set of a bar of soap, a candle, and a matching roll of toilet tissue. Makes a cute gift!

58. Mary Ann Genre
    September 18, 2014 at 8:04 pm (5 years ago)

I saw this episode of It’s Sew Easy. After seeing the shoes I did some lettering and adhered it to Christmas ornaments. The ornaments are glass, I used a method I saw online to paint the inside or the ornaments, then used to lettering to monogram and date the ornaments – what fun!

59. Nancy Grove
    September 18, 2014 at 10:35 pm (5 years ago)

I don’t know how unusual it is but the most unusual item I have embroidered is probably a bag for golf balls that I made for my hubby.

60. Sandy Davis
    September 18, 2014 at 11:08 pm (5 years ago)

I embroidered 6 shoe bags for 2013 Miss Kentucky, who was a contestant in the 2013 Miss America Pageant. There had to be one bag for each outfit, so the bag was embroidered with the name of the outfit (arrival, swimsuit, etc.). I changed each name into an arc which looked like a horseshoe (Kentucky horses). In the center of the arc, I embroidered her name and “Miss Kentucky 2013.” They really turned out nicely!

61. Sandi Stahl
    September 19, 2014 at 6:54 am (5 years ago)

The most unusual thing to date has to be a custom bag that fits on a karate outfit! I had never seen one before,very different and fun to do.

62. Rene Bolton
    September 19, 2014 at 8:06 am (5 years ago)

This may not sound too unusual to some, but I embroidered a ring pillow for my daughter’s wedding.

63. Betty Burkart
    September 19, 2014 at 8:17 am (5 years ago)

The most unusual thing I made and embroidered was a cushion for a deer stand for my granddaughter and her fiancé.

64. debe
    September 19, 2014 at 2:49 pm (5 years ago)

My unusual item was a camp insignia embroidered as patches & then glued onto life jackets & wetsuits. I also embroidered/made patches for leather vests for the Sons & Daughters In Touch of veterans.
    PS I want to thank you for the Sew Timeless giveaway that I won a few weeks ago!

September 19, 2014 at 7:14 pm (5 years ago)

Most unusual items I have done are a rug, gun cases and extra large bean bags and toilet paper. I also quilted my first quilt with the embroidery machine.

66. Joan Shriver
    September 19, 2014 at 7:35 pm (5 years ago)

I embroider “A Child of Grace” on a pocket for a small patchwork pillow. These are given to each baby born to a member of Grace Methodist Church. The pocket is used for small gifts and coupons.

67. Joanne Meekins
    September 19, 2014 at 9:02 pm (5 years ago)

For a 25,the wedding anniversary party, I bought a table cloth for the dining room table, and embroidered the couples names and wedding date in the center. I gave all the guests washable markers to sign their names, asking them to write as clearly as possible. Then I took it home and embroidered all the names. The couple uses it at all occasions and always enjoys memories

68. Carol Myers
    September 19, 2014 at 9:49 pm (5 years ago)

My Sons Retirement Military Quilt of insignia of different bases where he was station over the 22 years. This took me quite a while to finish, but he love it so it was worth it. This was my most unusual item to embroider.

69. Karen W
    September 19, 2014 at 11:29 pm (5 years ago)

Over the decades since my first machine, I’ve challenged myself to try new techniques. I think the most unusual was early on in my ’embroidery career’ was 2 large dog collar sleeves w/ name & contact info. I thought the collars were too heavy to stitch directly, so I embroidered durable fabric & then stitched them closed — into a tube — so the collars would slide through.

70. Martine
    September 20, 2014 at 3:36 am (5 years ago)

The most unusual was a dark green cloth to cover a coffin, when my next door neighbour died. He asked for it Christmas eve, told me exactly what he wanted and died 10 days later. Had to phone an undertaker to ask for the size.
    And on a lighter note embroidered the cups of a bra I made as I could not get the matching lace.

71. Patty Fiske
    September 20, 2014 at 9:32 am (5 years ago)

a music stand bag. Now at least 3 of us can find our own bag

72. Pam Jackson
    September 20, 2014 at 9:49 am (5 years ago)

The most unusual for me was a sheer blouse for a friend. I was nervous because I’m rather new to embroidery, and she provided the blouse which was rather expensive! It turned out fine though!

73. Penny
    September 20, 2014 at 7:09 pm (5 years ago)

The most unusual thing that I embroidered on my was my husbands skivvies. It was quite thrilling to see his face!

74. Judy Miller
    September 20, 2014 at 7:15 pm (5 years ago)

Embroidered. Husband’s name on equipment case for his portable oxygen.

75. Carlon
    September 20, 2014 at 7:18 pm (5 years ago)

The most unusually thing I’ve embroidered is little flags to stick on the end of pencils for my classroom. Kids tend return pencils if they have names on them, so I put my name on one side. And I can report that I still have the same number as when I started 🙂

76. Bobbi Mcgowan
    September 20, 2014 at 7:18 pm (5 years ago)

I was so excited when I received my new Embroidery machine, but so nervous at the same time. So much to learn being new to embroidery. Jokingly my husband let me know that he wanted a pair of Monogramed underwear ! And that was the very first thing & most unusual thing I ever embroidered. He loved it.

77. Cheryl H.
    September 20, 2014 at 7:18 pm (5 years ago)

I guess my most unusual was soap and candle embroidery.

78. Nancy Price
    September 20, 2014 at 7:18 pm (5 years ago)

I would have to say toilet paper!Ho!Ho!Sold 10 rolls wrapped in organza and tied with a bow at a craft fair.

79. Barbara Vogelman
    September 20, 2014 at 7:23 pm (5 years ago)

I have done 2 unusual things. One was an honor, a blanket for a baby who crossed over! The other was a GUN CASE for a friend who learned to shoot because I taught her about guns. A Gift!

80. Lisa krupa
    September 20, 2014 at 7:36 pm (5 years ago)

The most unusual thing I embroidered was an infantry flag for a soldier that passed away and flag was buried with him. It was an honor.

81. Joyce Steen
    September 20, 2014 at 7:37 pm (5 years ago)

I monogrammed my grandaughter’s initials on the lower front pocket of her booksack-a challenge!

82. Renee Bisbee
    September 20, 2014 at 7:58 pm (5 years ago)

The most unusual item I have embroidered was the cover on my husbands kevlar helmet. When he was activated after 911 I embroidered all his military info on it….name,ssn,blood type,allergies…..

83. Jennet
    September 20, 2014 at 8:22 pm (5 years ago)

I think the most odd thing I have embroidered is a lego play mat. I might need to try shoes now.

84. Roberta Varney
    September 20, 2014 at 8:32 pm (5 years ago)

I create special occasion badges; such as Birthday Girl/Boy; Big Sister/Brother; Flower Girl, Team Pride (using school’s mascot name); etc. The center of the badge is embroidered felt. Short pieces of ribbon are folded in half, and ‘sandwiched’ between the felt and a fabric backing. A satin stitch is used (in a circle) to secure the layers together. I have fun selecting ribbons and color combos; and they are very popular with my customers.

85. Chris Shapiro
    September 20, 2014 at 8:38 pm (5 years ago)

Not that unusual but I have embroidered names on school backpacks and also ribbons that I then use to make key chains.

86. Nancy Lovrekovic
    September 20, 2014 at 8:39 pm (5 years ago)

I know onesies are not unusual, but I was asked to stitch on some was. I had someone wanting to announce it whether they were having a boy or a girl. They had me stitch witch on one, wizard on the other. Unusual thing would be toilet paper just to say and show I could.

87. Damaris Quintiliani
    September 20, 2014 at 8:42 pm (5 years ago)

When I first started embroidery, my friend asked me to put her motorcycle club name on her bike vest…turned out great!

88. Lori Mehrer
    September 20, 2014 at 8:44 pm (5 years ago)

I guess I’ve been doing embroidery for so long that I don’t consider any item to embroider on unusual anymore. I’ve read articles about using your embroidery machine un-threaded to punch holes in thin metal, embroider on balsa wood, TP, FSL glued onto shoes, soap, candles, glass and more. I even remember when FSL really hit the home market and was the hottest thing out there. Then, ITH designs took off. Both are still very popular. I’d say the most different project I worked on was embroidering the face of a clock and inserting it so it was a usable clock. Not unusual, just different.

89. Cindy Smith
    September 20, 2014 at 8:49 pm (5 years ago)

The most unusual thing I embroidered on is the arm chair covers on my old chair i

90. ANGELA VANWESTEN
    September 20, 2014 at 9:15 pm (5 years ago)

Embroidered on baseballs! That was the easy part – lot harder stitching them back up!

91. Julli
    September 20, 2014 at 10:07 pm (5 years ago)

The most unique thing I’ve ever embroidered was a plastic market tote.

92. Debbie
    September 20, 2014 at 10:29 pm (5 years ago)

The most unusual things I have embroidered are my son’s sling when he broke his arm, baseballs for a baseball team and most recently my daughter’s wedding veil and flags announcing her wedding.

93. Susan G Malone
    September 20, 2014 at 10:31 pm (5 years ago)

The most unusual item I have monogrammed I think would be sandals from Target.

94. Susan G Malone
    September 20, 2014 at 10:32 pm (5 years ago)

No..I think the most unusual I have embroidered on was toilet paper.

95. J. Yamaguchi
    September 20, 2014 at 10:53 pm (5 years ago)

I’m a newbie, have only made 2 things. Not really unusual but one was a test stitch on a pillowcase and the other an ITH bag!

96. Regina
    September 21, 2014 at 12:04 am (5 years ago)

I made a baseball cap for a baseball to represent the “groom” on the groom’s cake. I embroidered and appliqued it with his name, number, and a school mascot letter. It was really cute with a miniature bat with a veil. I also made a banner garland with a heart shaped baseball and a burlap pillow with “What a Catch!”

97. Patricia Vajda
    September 21, 2014 at 2:28 am (5 years ago)

My son has a vintage Garelli Moped. He decorated it with sculls and I did an embroidery panel (with skulls in graduated sizes on silver pleather stretched over some masonite) which he mounted, just under the crossbar in the center of the moped. It turned out pretty cool. I was proud and he was very happy with it.

98. Tibbie Smith
    September 21, 2014 at 7:21 am (5 years ago)

I am too “chicken”! I would have tosay a purse- I am boring for sure

99. Karen Smith
    September 21, 2014 at 7:30 am (5 years ago)

I have embroidered my Converse tennis shoes!

100. Vicki walker
    September 21, 2014 at 7:52 am (5 years ago)

The strangest I personally have done is a webbing belt but have heard abt embroidering on toilet paper and I think that is the strangest thing ever. Would love to go shopping!!!

101. Vicky Isliefson
    September 21, 2014 at 4:24 pm (5 years ago)

I embroidered a clock face on a piece of upholstery weight leather which I then glued to the center of a blinged up belt buckle for a leather coat.

102. Karen Newman
    September 21, 2014 at 9:39 pm (5 years ago)

I embroidered on my sons bathrobe collar he designed his own design came out ok!

103. Diane W
    September 22, 2014 at 10:19 am (5 years ago)

A golf bag but I’ve also embroidered toilet paper.

104. Deanna
    September 22, 2014 at 12:25 pm (5 years ago)

I have embroidered large western saddle covers for our local 4-H equestrian team to use at Va state 4-H horse show. I’ve also embroidered English saddle pads and boot bags for my daughters.

105. Cheryl Wright
    September 22, 2014 at 10:11 pm (5 years ago)

I have embroidered on rubber shelf liner! In our motorhome we have a narrow cabinet to which our dining table is attached. I cut the liner into a long runner. It keeps things from sliding off as we travel down the road and is decorative to boot.

106. Peggy Schroeder
    September 22, 2014 at 11:12 pm (5 years ago)

Hi Eileen:
    I have embroidered on two unusual things, toilet paper, and plastic mesh screening. I did the screening to make tote bags for most of my grandchildren, I embroidered them all with individual designs tailored for each child, added fabric around the tops, nylon strap handles, they came out fine, and the kids and parents loved them! They call them their Nana and Papa bags, and whatever they can fit in them can go in the car with them!
    On another note, is it best to cut out the U -shape under my multi-needle machines when having a new cabinet/table/desk made to hold the various embroidery machines? I have a 6 & 10 needle, plus a new Quattro 3, so I am having a revamp made of my embroidery room. I even sent your Studio Organization book home with the cabinet maker! He was glad to see how it “should” be done! But I couldn’t explain exactly why it is cut out, so his idea is to cut it out but carefully, so the piece will slide back in if it needs to be moved. How does that sound, think it will work? It was great to see you in Sacramento, hope to do it again.

107. Mary Hogue
    September 23, 2014 at 12:54 am (5 years ago)

The most unusual was my nieces wedding dress. Put the date of her wedding to the train of her dress

108. Suzy Pearson
    September 23, 2014 at 8:53 am (5 years ago)

I guess I am boring. The most unusual thing I’ve embroidered were beach towels that were a wedding gift to the bride from a member of the wedding party. The wedding was at the beach and the towels were color coordinated to match the theme of the wedding. The bride, groom and both of her children each got a towel with their name on it.

109. Brenda Barry
    September 23, 2014 at 1:14 pm (5 years ago)

The most unusual items I have embroidered on are a baseball and a football!

110. Sandy Martin
    September 25, 2014 at 4:11 pm (5 years ago)

I guess the most unusual thing that I embroidery on is guitar straps.

111. Delia Sosa
    January 22, 2016 at 8:06 pm (4 years ago)

The most unusual item I’ve embroidered on is a tote bag for dance leaders.

112. Dog collars
    March 25, 2017 at 6:12 am (3 years ago)

Thanks for sharing such great post about dogs. The social adaptations of pets and humans are similar enough that dogs can live perfectly happy lives surrounded by humans and vice versa. Dogs are pampered with the best of treat and medical care, frequently have a rest in their owners’ comfortable sofa.Do you have any other articles about cats?

113. Linda Turner
    September 14, 2017 at 7:03 am (2 years ago)

Wow, some unusual items and mine is not so unusual but I have embroidered names on desposible diapers….yes, one time use…like toilet paper!!! LOL! I put duck tape over the back of the design…just in case and then ironed on Tender Touch gently so skin was proctected. They are cute and fun to give. Yes I am a grandmother and my grandchildren looked adorable in them for a short while!!! I love doing these as gifts for relatives and friends too.