Multi-Needle Monday! Roulette Table Cover!

If you are using your multi-needle embroidery machine for a hobby or as a business, I’m sure you have some interesting and unique requests. Through my ten years as a commercial embroidery business owner I have had my share—believe me!

Recently one of the interior decorators that I embroider for asked me to meet their client who had remodeled his living room into a small casino room. The man was widowed and decided to change his formal living room (which he never sat in during his 25 years in the home) into a real casino room; complete with a regulation size roulette table!

The roulette table has an unusual shape and the table cover was customized to fit in one direction. One end of the table is narrower than the opposite end; therefore after playing and replacing the table cover (which is 15 feet long) it was difficult to know which end would fit properly. The client suggested I embroider a monogram on the one end of the cover and then he could easily tell how to replace it on the table.  Easy enough!

Yikes….the table cost thousands of dollars and the custom cover was hundreds as well. The fabric was a medium weight vinyl and he wanted a six inch tall monogram in gold metallic thread. We decided on the font (Old English) and placement which I carefully marked with masking tape while still on the roulette table. I also took photographs with my phone so I could easily envision the layout when I returned to my workroom.

Steps to success:

1. I used PAL2 to precisely plan the embroidery layout. In my workroom, I placed the cover on the floor and attached the PAL2 to a small table at one end. I used masking tape (not painters tape because it would not stick to the vinyl) I did not want to use pins or chalk. I measured the distance from the edge seam; which we decided while on location and checked for accuracy.
    Eileen's Machine Embroidery Blog
  2. The best hoop for this heavy fabric was the 8”x 8” Snap Hoop Monster. I was concerned about marks from the frame so I placed foam wrap on the bottom of the frame on top of the magnets.Eileen's Machine Embroidery Blog Eileen's Machine Embroidery BlogI used medium weight cut away stabilizer.   I attached the hoop to the machine and placed the bulk of the table cover on a chair to ease the movement of the hoop.
    Eileen's Machine Embroidery Blog
  1. The metallic thread was placed on my counter, not on the spool rack, in a small mesh container I use for other notions. I have read many different tricks to working with metallic thread but this trick works for me 99% of the time. (Wish I had those odds when playing on a roulette table!)Eileen's Machine Embroidery Blog Eileen's Machine Embroidery Blog
  2. I slowed the speed of the embroidery machine down to 700rpm and embroidered the monogram without a hitch!Eileen's Machine Embroidery Blog Eileen's Machine Embroidery Blog

As a business owner, it is not wise to play “embroidery roulette” on such custom items because of the risks involved.  This is no time to “learn” or “experiment” on the job – the costs are very high.  I try to steer clear of embroidering on items that I do not supply but I was confident that I had the most amazing tools, embroidery technology and experience.  When you’re in a similar situation consider your experience and the risks involved.

My client was thrilled when we placed the cover on the table and he now enjoys taking the cover off and replacing.

28 Comments on Multi-Needle Monday! Roulette Table Cover!

1. Katie Harper
    February 16, 2015 at 6:13 pm (5 years ago)

The design looks beautiful. But the picture shows puckers around it. My biggest challenge is getting a flat result, no puckers. Is that possible on this type of fabric?

2. Marie Zinno
    February 16, 2015 at 7:26 pm (5 years ago)

There were no puckers. It was hard to photograph on the floor. If you look at the finished photo on the table you will notice it lays flat. Use a cut away stabilizer for extra stabity.

3. Lee
    February 17, 2015 at 6:40 am (5 years ago)

I think it turned out great. Bravo for taking on the piece.

4. mariaelena
    February 17, 2015 at 7:14 am (5 years ago)

It looks great. Am sooo scare of doing embroidery for others than myself.

5. Judy Brennan
    February 17, 2015 at 9:20 am (5 years ago)

Beautiful job! Well done.

6. Royce Zook
    February 17, 2015 at 10:53 am (5 years ago)

I can’t imagine where you found the space under pantograph to house the excess cover without scaring the vinyl or binding the machine. I would have had to run a trial on a similar size of fabric just to ease my mind. Great job!

• marie zinno
      February 17, 2015 at 11:40 am (5 years ago)

I have a multi-needle machine and yes it was bulky…I used the table and did not walk away from the machine!

7. Vicky
    February 17, 2015 at 10:56 am (5 years ago)

Had you embroidered on vinyl before or did you do a test stitch on similar fabric?

• marie zinno
      February 17, 2015 at 11:39 am (5 years ago)

I always test my design on fabric as similar to the end use as possible. Test and retest!

8. Karin C
    February 17, 2015 at 6:37 pm (5 years ago)

Turned out great! I am also hesitant to work on one-of-a-kind items, or those that I know to be expensive. Test-sews are definitely a must in such cases!

9. juicer and blender in one
    March 1, 2015 at 7:05 am (5 years ago)

They are considering a ban on these compounds due to concerns that the paralysis
    could become permanent. Ignoring some of these rules will just make you look like a jerk and possibly leave you humiliated.
    Here, the Caves hotel multiplies your joy with amazing
    views.

10. TPO
    March 9, 2015 at 1:44 am (5 years ago)

I think that what you wrote made a lot of sense. However, what about this?
    suppose you added a little content? I ain’t saying your information isn’t good., however what
    if you added something to possibly get a person’s
    attention? I mean Multi-Needle Monday! Roulette Table Cover!

| Eileen’s Machine Embroidery Blog is a little vanilla.
    You might glance at Yahoo’s front page and see how they create article headlines to grab viewers to click.
    You might add a related video or a pic or two to get people
    interested about what you’ve got to say. Just my opinion,
    it might make your posts a little bit more interesting.

11. reputation management Dallas
    March 9, 2015 at 3:58 am (5 years ago)

Attractive portion of content. I simply stumbled upon your weblog and
    in accession capital to assert that I get in fact loved account your weblog
    posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing in your augment or even I achievement you get entry to constantly
    rapidly.

12. מסגרים
    March 9, 2015 at 6:11 pm (5 years ago)

It all depends on the type of motor you are trying to cool and how much heat
    is being generated inside of it. 1940 Tigertail Blvd, Unit 2 Fort Lauderdale, FL 33004.
    Make sure you clean your face thoroughly before moisturizing.

13. Leta
    March 3, 2016 at 10:05 am (4 years ago)

If your site is relatively sound, the most important results for you to consider are the keyword hits.
    Any business to conduct business on the web should have
    a web site created especially for creating an awareness of their
    products and ser-vices to the planet at large. Forgetting to write for an audience is one of the
    biggest mistakes that bloggers make. This mode of advertisement was faster than the
    earlier ones and reached more people but it had
    its own limitations.

14. Check This Out
    March 3, 2016 at 10:31 am (4 years ago)

‘Are people really searching online for my product or services’.
    When Page – Rank was patented the patent was assigned to
    Stanford University. Forgetting to write for an audience is one of the biggest mistakes that bloggers make.
    You have to take price quotes from different SEO companies locally and internationally.

15. Bibi
    March 4, 2016 at 10:42 am (4 years ago)

Each of them has a different function according to the intensity of the misspelled keywords.
    Improving Site Structure – This second part tells you how to properly structure URLs.
    While effective SEO needn’t be difficult, it does take work.
    A reputable SEO company won’t have any qualms about
    connecting potential clients with former ones.

16. view
    March 4, 2016 at 11:26 am (4 years ago)

Get testimonials from the clients you already worked with,
    about your work and experiences. So what are you going to put in their search box is “website optimization tips”.
    Your baseline will tell you where your company began so you can measure positive or negative ROI (return on your investment).
    Webmaster follows a long process to promote a website in top search engines (Google, Yahoo and Bing).

17. asos.com
    March 21, 2016 at 2:11 am (4 years ago)

Before departing over a shopping getaway, make sure you have
    all your deals to be able.

18. Marisol
    March 24, 2016 at 1:18 pm (4 years ago)

I have a happy synthetic attention regarding details and can anticipate troubles prior
    to they occur.

19. jual 4life transfer factor jakarta
    March 28, 2016 at 8:17 pm (4 years ago)

Currsntly it sounds like Drupal iss the preferred blogging platform available right now.
    (from wht I’ve read) Is that what you’re
    using on yur blog?

20. visit this page
    May 5, 2016 at 2:00 am (4 years ago)

Thanks for every other great article. The place else may anybody get that type of
    information in such a perfect approach of writing? I’ve a presentation subsequent week, and I am at the look for
    such info.

21. www.fsagraduates.co.uk
    May 10, 2016 at 4:00 am (4 years ago)

I ordered this towards my personal mom not really wanting a lot considering information technology had been so affordable. When I obtained they I became delighted! It is beautiful & does not seem inexpensive at all! The mother enjoyed that it!

22. Anuradha Paudwal
    August 29, 2017 at 9:58 am (2 years ago)

This internet site can be a walk-through it really is the internet it suited you about it and didn’t know who to question. Glimpse here, and you’ll certainly discover it.

23. Hermes Mens Bracelet
    August 30, 2017 at 2:48 pm (2 years ago)

But not while fancy when real world if you think mothers wrist was never 2small do not buy that cause that try to be tight .. its cute and yet one thing yur 5year old makes . Non their lower their a great okay gift on offer yet not the best wow gift…cant go wrong whether do not get much to spend on a gifts well bring it

24. Rosario
    January 22, 2019 at 12:13 am (10 months ago)

It’s something the lovers and households may appreciate without proceeding too far abroad because
    they can also offer worldclass expertise and cause you to believe that you were taken to an alternative spot.