Multi-Needle Monday: The Craftsy Craze

You know the saying that there is never a perfect time to have a baby or get married or do whatever etc etc…It is so true and it’s called life! Our wonderful, loving yet elderly mother passed away in November 2014 while I was working on my Craftsy class. My proposal with Craftsy was accepted in October and I thought a December taping would work ok. Well, mom was definitely not herself when I went to visit in early November and we all noticed a sudden unenthusiastic demeanor. She was always interested in all six of her daughters’ and 12 grandchildren’s stories. She read three newspapers a day; completely a daily crossword puzzle and called us on the phone. All of these routines stopped. She lost interest. We knew her health was failing. Mom could not breathe from COPD and was on oxygen 24-7. It’s a horrible disease and a preventable one. She lost her fight and her “girls” were heartbroken.

I could not focus on work related tasks and to-do lists after her death. But I know my mom would have told me to push through with the commitments I made, stay busy and don’t dwell on sad or negative things. She was right, again. Craftsy gave me the choice to push our date back but my class chapters were 90% ready. So the push continued and I am so glad I did.

My class is bit different than most because it is instructional only. We do not create projects but I guide the student along the way to starting an embroidery business. So many people I meet around the country tell me they embroider for friends, co-workers and family members for free because they are not confident charging for their craft or hobby. Machine embroidery is the perfect business or profession to work in because it’s so flexible.

Eileen's Machine Embroidery Blog

The atmosphere at the Craftsy studios is young, fun energy and completely professional at the same time. That can be a hard balance to achieve but they have. The studios are housed in an old taxi cab call center; think of the TV show Taxi.

Eileen's Machine Embroidery BlogEileen's Machine Embroidery Blog

Each separate quiet studio has its own camera and sound equipment and staff. My crew worked with me for 3 full days of taping (now they are experts at hooping and tackling hats). The hardest part of the week is trying to smile for hours on end. They really treat you like a star.

Eileen's Machine Embroidery Blog

The producer is the captain of the ship for sure and the cameraman and editor are the indispensable crew members who all work side by side in the studio with endless wires and sound breaks.

Eileen's Machine Embroidery Blog

Eileen's Machine Embroidery Blog

Did I mention how loud it is when a workman goes up on the metal rooftop during our segment? The entire studio, which consists of 5 individual studios complete with their own crew, meets for lunch at the same time each day. I think it eliminates the noise and gives everyone time to chat and discuss the production. It also gives the instructors a chance to meet other instructors who are taping a variety of segments.

Eileen's Machine Embroidery Blog

I totally forgot to photograph the Keurig coffee station! Every flavor imaginable was offered.

The Craftsy headquarters are located in a high rise building in downtown Denver.

Eileen's Machine Embroidery Blog

The cubicles are carefully and artistically decorated with a variety of off-the-wall mementos; such as unicorns and dinosaurs.

Eileen's Machine Embroidery Blog

The quiet phone closet features record album covers.

Eileen's Machine Embroidery BlogEileen's Machine Embroidery Blog

During my quick visit they were installing new wiring which looked like it would be enough for the entire high rise building but was only for the offices on one floor.

Eileen's Machine Embroidery Blog

My experience was absolutely enjoyable and productive at the same time. I hope you have chance to view my class “How to Start an Embroidery Business” if you are interested in starting an embroidery business in the future. Click here and receive a discount on my class. See you over at Craftsy!

40 Comments on Multi-Needle Monday: The Craftsy Craze

1. Judy Klep
    February 23, 2015 at 12:34 pm (5 years ago)

I had lost my 87 year old mother on Halloween of 2014 from lung cancer so we went through the same emotions. Thank you for coming through and presenting a very useful Craftsy class.

2. JD
    February 23, 2015 at 8:09 pm (5 years ago)

Just a note to express my sympathies to you and your sisters and extended family.

3. Linda Gillian
    February 23, 2015 at 9:50 pm (5 years ago)

I am so sorry for your loss.

4. Kathleen Lamb
    February 23, 2015 at 10:41 pm (5 years ago)

Sorry to hear of the loss of your mother. I have a question about your Craftsy class. Do you think it would be applicable for someone with a single-needle embroidery machine? Or do you think a commercial multi-needle machine is essential?

5. Lee
    February 23, 2015 at 10:48 pm (5 years ago)

Congratulations with Craftsy – I buy a lot if classes off Craftsy, I will be buying yours as well. My condolences to you. Thanks for sharing the inside workings of Craftsy, I enjoyed that tour so much.

6. Shirley
    February 23, 2015 at 11:44 pm (5 years ago)

SO sorry to hear of the loss of you mother.
    I really have enjoyed the Craftsy classes I have received and I will be buying yours as well.

7. Tee
    February 24, 2015 at 5:04 am (5 years ago)

Eileen. Deepest sympathy to you and your family!!!

8. joyce lockyer
    February 24, 2015 at 5:46 am (5 years ago)

Keep the happy memories close. Those memories will sustain you. I am sorry for your loss.
    Joyce

9. Susan
    February 24, 2015 at 7:18 am (5 years ago)

My deepest sympathy for the loss of your dear mother. I am one of 5 loving sisters and you are truly blessed to be one of six. God bless.

10. Sunny
    February 24, 2015 at 10:55 am (5 years ago)

Please know that your mother made a difference in our world–not just in your lives. By raising such talented and lovely daughters who are so willing to share and whose smiles and kind manners brings joy to all they meet. Never having known her, I am still grateful for her life.

11. Joanne Banko
    February 24, 2015 at 11:21 am (5 years ago)

Congratulations on your Craftsy class Marie!!! Your talents amaze me and your knowledge of the craft is a gift to many embroidery enthusiasts. I can’t wait to tell all my students and friends about this great resource for aspiring Embroidery Entrepreneurs!

And wow, I loved the studio photos . . . what an interesting behind the scenes tour you provided.
    Hugs to you and Eileen 🙂

12. marie zinno
    February 24, 2015 at 12:48 pm (5 years ago)

Thank you for the heartfelt words regarding our mom. Crafters are the most friendly and loving people I have ever met!

13. Zoe
    February 24, 2015 at 11:49 pm (5 years ago)

I know a person is never ready but so thankful you were blessed with your Mother for so many years. My sympathy goes out to all of you.

14. Marilyn
    February 27, 2015 at 2:52 pm (5 years ago)

Moms are special.

I know what your “phone closet” used to be! Back in the olden days, when there were record shops, they had booths where a buyer could listen to a record before purchase. I played lots of 45s in those booths.

15. Anna Gregoriades
    March 1, 2015 at 3:02 pm (5 years ago)

Anna Gregoriades

16. Anna Gregoriades
    March 1, 2015 at 3:06 pm (5 years ago)

I used to get your letters and new stuff. I got very sick and lost all my connections. I am trying to gain my strength to go back in my embroidery and sewing.

17. Rocky
    March 20, 2015 at 11:34 pm (5 years ago)

Vitamin D comes to us naturally from sunlight, but is not found in many
    natural foods. You can consume foods that have this vitamin daily especially when you have problem with your eyes sight.
    Therefore, the science technicians released health supplements
    of vitamin D.

18. Mickie
    March 21, 2015 at 12:35 am (5 years ago)

You need to be a part of a contest for one of the finest blogs on the
    net. I am going to recommend this web site!

19. My partner and I stumbled over here by a different website and thought
    I may as well check things out. I like what I see so now i am following you.
    Look forward to looking into your web page repeatedly.

20. uraination
    June 26, 2015 at 5:06 am (4 years ago)

Actually no matter if someone doesn’t be aware of afterward its up to
    other users that they will assist, so here it occurs.

21. รีวิวเกม
    September 26, 2015 at 1:51 pm (4 years ago)

Generally I don’t read post on blogs, however I wish to say that this write-up very
    pressured me to take a look at and do so! Your writing taste has been amazed
    me. Thank you, quite great post.

22. www.captain-Ga.com
    December 23, 2015 at 8:56 am (4 years ago)

Before making the final decision, make sure you check out the agency in question. Yosemite in Centennial, both shops have a wide array of locks and door hardware,
    fire and burglary proof safes, stand-alone and hardwired access control hardware, video surveillance,
    and miscellaneous hard to find security products all
    to meet the vast diverse Denver metro area customer needs, to top
    it off, they also have highly qualified, professional locksmiths to assist you at each location or at your home or business.

Principles about Lemuria are further built on the
    truth that identical geological structures of Permian are
    merely in South India, South Africa, and Australia.

23. vimeo.com
    January 12, 2016 at 7:34 pm (4 years ago)

Lengthy avoided by economists, wwhose passions hawve actually gravitated toward market-based, price-driven models thazt send quicker to data-driven analysis, entrepreneurship
    has actually experienced something of a renaissance of passion inn recent times.

24. essay busy
    January 27, 2016 at 12:09 am (4 years ago)

Remember, it doesn’t take large wagers to hit the jackpots at on the internet vending machine.

25. https://en.gravatar.com/idinprocvent1976
    February 5, 2016 at 3:49 pm (4 years ago)

Moreover, providing free psychic readings to new customers likewise show a soothsayers web
    site’s high degree of self-confidence on the reputation and
    accuracy of the psychics that it represents.

26. private property impound software
    February 16, 2016 at 12:33 pm (4 years ago)

The Police pretty much told me the same thung tthe Sheriff’s depaqrtment told me.
    The real property owner shall only appoint duly authorized agents which
    have a direct connection too the property (i.
    Or that numerous studies have shown that the undocumented are less likely to commit serious offenses.

27. CAP barbell Amazon
    February 27, 2016 at 8:06 am (4 years ago)

Thanks in favor of sharing such a good thought, paragraph is pleasant, thats why i have read it fully

28. holiday packages
    February 27, 2016 at 8:19 am (4 years ago)

There is certainly a great deal to learn about this issue.

I love all the points you have made.

29. cicilan dan DP toyota
    March 24, 2016 at 1:44 am (4 years ago)

This piiece oof wriging will hslp the internet people for setting uup new web sige oor evwn a weblog from start to end.

30. It’s a pity you don’t have a donate button! I’d most certainly donate to this brilliant blog! I suppose for now i’ll settle for bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to new updates and will talk about this site with my Facebook group. Talk soon!

31. My partner and I stumbled over here from a different web address and thought I might as well check things out. I like what I see so now i am following you. Look forward to exploring your web page for a second time.

32. star wars uprising hack software
    March 31, 2016 at 10:37 am (4 years ago)

For instance, fans star wars uprising cheats of TCG you might make
    Edward Gein excited. It should be oriented as such when everyone is lusting for these consoles are also
    highly challenging game development is the development of flexibility, increasing the
    quality. As communication plays the utmost important
    role but there are both free and paid versions, and the
    reliability and durability of the Caribbean Master of Earth”. Open source Mobile development star wars uprising cheats platforms have much more curiosity about your application.

33. moviestarplanet cheats android no root
    March 31, 2016 at 11:29 am (4 years ago)

Keen on video gaming system, you can pit your vocabulary skills against the bigger levels, players moviestarplanet hack are young at heart.

Add to that question, we get, if the red square.

34. test
    May 6, 2016 at 5:01 pm (4 years ago)

I am genuinely grateful to the owner of this website who has shared this enormous post at at this place.

35. IndoBeting
    May 16, 2016 at 5:17 pm (4 years ago)

It’s an remarkable paragraph in favor of all the web users;
    they will take benefit from it I am sure.