Volume 92 May/June 2015: Word Search!

Eileen's Machine Embroidery Blog

[crossword]

Word List:
Look for the following 6 words in the puzzle: AcuDesign, Blendables, Cruise, DIME20OFF, PE540D, Pocket Journals.

(Puzzle designed to work on desktop/laptop computers.)

Fun information about the words you are searching for:

1.  AcuDesign:  The AcuDesign Embroidrey App lets you import, edit and export designs all from your iOS mobile device.  Works with any embroidery machine!

2.  Blendables:  Sulky has introduced 16 more Blendables® Colors to their line of thread.  It’s also more convenient than ever to purchase from their new website!

3.  Cruise:  Adventure awaits you!  Sign up for the 7 day embroidery cruise with the Stitching Sisters and Flash Sew & Quilt.

4.  DIME20OFF:  Embroidery Online has an exclusive offer to DIME readers – enjoy 20% off your next order.  But hurry, it’s for a limited time.  (7/1/2015)

5.  PE540D:  Brother has introduced the PE540D Embroidery Machine for just $399!

6.  Pocket Journals:  Stitch Soup is your source for in-the-hoop Pocket Journals.

Notes:

• If you click on the Solutions button you will NOT be taken to the Prize page! Be sure to locate all the words on your own in order to redeem your prizes.
  • If you accidentally select the wrong letters, trace over them again to deselect.
  • The puzzle has been tested to work in Firefox and Chrome on a desktop or laptop computer.
  • 5/28/2015 Update:  We gave this Puzzle program the ‘old college try’. Looks like there are too many quirks that are preventing it from working on different browsers and computers.  If the Puzzle works for you, great!  If not, and you want to play, you can download a Puzzle.  Given the challenges, we decided  Everyone is a winner for showing up!  Help yourself to the Prize Page.

Pick up the current issue of Designs in Machine Embroidery at your favorite local sewing retailer or buy direct by clicking here.

We loved last week’s responses so much we decided to continue with the theme.  What was your favorite childhood game?  Post your comments and one lucky winner will receive a $25 gift card good for the Designs in Machine Embroidery website.

The winner of last week’s assignment answered the following question:

Technology has brought about so many improvements to our quality of life.  What is your favorite modern invention?  Post your comment and two random individuals will win $50 gift certificates to use on the Buzz Tools website!

The winners are:  Julie Colbey:  “I love my Janome 15000 sewing machine, its so easy, shows just what technology should be.”

Laurie:  “My favorite has to be my 1st computerized sewing machine. Which then lead me into my present 6 needle embroidery machine!”

35 Comments on Volume 92 May/June 2015: Word Search!

1. Shelia
    May 27, 2015 at 1:26 pm (4 years ago)

I do not know how to open the puzzle about searching for words. Can you tell me how to do it? When I try to login in it says momokc1 and momokc1@cox.net is invalid.

2. Toni
    May 27, 2015 at 1:28 pm (4 years ago)

…first find the puzzle…
    Is there a prize for that? My laptop can;t play if the puzzle isn’t there…

• Denise Holguin
      May 27, 2015 at 2:17 pm (4 years ago)

Toni,
      Give it another try.

Denise

3. Kristal
    May 27, 2015 at 7:11 pm (4 years ago)

My favorite childhood game was Tiddlywinks. I remember playing it with my cousins in my grandmother’s basement.

4. Debbie
    May 27, 2015 at 8:28 pm (4 years ago)

Can’t get it to work on my Mac.

• Debbie
      May 27, 2015 at 8:32 pm (4 years ago)

I finally got it to work, just need to be patient.

5. Anon
    May 27, 2015 at 9:58 pm (4 years ago)

How do you get this to work? I have tried all different browsers!

6. Linda coltta
    May 27, 2015 at 9:59 pm (4 years ago)

My favorite game was Sorry, probably because I asked my grandma for it and she gave it to me for Christmas.

7. Pam
    May 27, 2015 at 10:01 pm (4 years ago)

Go fish!

8. Shirley Clark
    May 27, 2015 at 10:15 pm (4 years ago)

I found the words, but the puzzle doesn’t work for me.
    My favorite game as a kid was Drop the Handkerchief.

9. Cathie Scanlon
    May 27, 2015 at 10:17 pm (4 years ago)

I loved 500 Rummy card game.
    I cannot access the word search in either Firefox or Chrome. The Save button doesn’t appear to do anything.

10. Colleen
    May 27, 2015 at 11:27 pm (4 years ago)

strapping on a pair of those metal roller skates was great and rolling around he neighborhood. I would have kept my skates on 24/7 if I could have. Playing hide n’seek with neighborhood friends comes in second. Great times and great memories. Thanks for the stroll down memory lane

May 27, 2015 at 11:54 pm (4 years ago)

My favorite games were Sorry and Chinese Checkers.

12. Beal
    May 28, 2015 at 1:31 am (4 years ago)

my favorite game was Uno (a card game) 🙂

13. Karen Poole
    May 28, 2015 at 3:51 am (4 years ago)

My favorite childhood game was “red rover” where you have two teams each lined up on opposite sides and the team members hold hands and whichever team it is they say “Red rover red rover send Sally on over” and Sally runs over and tries to break through the clasped hands of the team calling for her. If she does, then she gets to go back to her team if she can’t break through she goes over to that team. First team with all the players wins! It was great fun! My second favorite was hide n seek. I loved team games!!

• Denise Holguin
      May 29, 2015 at 6:12 pm (4 years ago)

Hi Karen,
      I remember playing red rover too! I must have been in the 3rd or 4th grade. Fun memories!

Denise

14. Francine
    May 28, 2015 at 7:45 am (4 years ago)

My favorite childhood game was Monopoly. It was a fun family time.

15. Anne Marie Reilly
    May 28, 2015 at 8:15 am (4 years ago)

My favorite game was Clue.

16. Valerie
    May 28, 2015 at 9:29 am (4 years ago)

I can’t get it to work either..
    My favorite game was Clue, but my brothers always wanted to play Monopoly.

17. Barbara Rebman
    May 28, 2015 at 9:31 am (4 years ago)

Once you have solved the word puzzle, what do yo do next?

May 28, 2015 at 9:53 am (4 years ago)

I can see the puzzle but cannot outline the words found. I am on a MacBook Pro.

• Nancy Weber
      May 28, 2015 at 3:27 pm (4 years ago)

My favorite game was hide and seek which included the whole neighborhood.

19. Saundra Romanus
    May 28, 2015 at 11:01 am (4 years ago)

My favorite childhood game was Hide and Seek. Lots of running!

20. Amy
    May 28, 2015 at 11:15 am (4 years ago)

I’m using Chrome and I can’t find the puzzle. Where do you click to get the puzzle?

21. Denise Holguin
    May 28, 2015 at 7:23 pm (4 years ago)

Hi Everyone!
    We gave this Puzzle maker our best shot! Looks like it has a lot of quirks that need to be addressed before we’ll run with one again. In the meantime, we have updated this blog post. Look for the orange text that includes a link to download a PDF version of the puzzle. There is also a link to the Prize Page. Everyone is a winner this week! Don’t forget to post comments on your favorite childhood game.

Thank you for your feedback and patience!

Denise

22. R. Darlene
    May 28, 2015 at 8:02 pm (4 years ago)

I searched but could not find a contact button. Would you know if you have any plans of making the snap hoop for other machines? I have a Bernette Chicago 7 and would love to have a 4xSnap hoop for my quilt sandwiches.

23. Frances Powell
    May 28, 2015 at 8:21 pm (4 years ago)

This isn’t an official game, but my brother always wanted to play army. Since I idolized him, I played army with him almost everyday. We would climb up a tree that was behind the garage, get on the garage roof, and jump off and ambush anyone that was walking by. I don’t remember him playing Barbie with me very much though. Lol.

• Denise Holguin
      May 29, 2015 at 6:10 pm (4 years ago)

Frances, the visual is so funny! Thank you for sharing!

Denise

24. Susan T
    May 29, 2015 at 5:36 am (4 years ago)

Reading the responses has been so fun. A true walk down memory lane. I was a pro at playing marbles. I loved the steelies and the large swirled colored ones.

25. Maureen
    May 29, 2015 at 10:01 am (4 years ago)

Barrel of Monkeys was my favorite because I could play it without anyone else!

26. Cindy
    May 29, 2015 at 6:33 pm (4 years ago)

Oh my goodness, so many wonderful memories! I loved playing Chinese checkers with my mom, oh how I miss her, Battle station with my baby brother, jacks as I could play those by myself. After marriage I enjoyed playing Uno with my mother and father in-law.

27. Marcia Stewart
    May 30, 2015 at 10:30 pm (4 years ago)

My favorite game was playing jacks with a girlfriend to see who could get to all 10 jacks at one time was the winner. For those who might not know what Jacks and a ball are it is a little metal piece like a dimensional star or 5 prongs. First try was to pick up one a time without a miss. then next turn was to pick up 2 at a time without a miss and so forth. My 2 sisters and I played a lot together as well as my best girlfriend.

28. JudiC
    June 1, 2015 at 9:55 am (4 years ago)

My favorite childhood games were kickball & softball. We had a big open field in our neighborhood & all the kids would play together until dusk almost every night. No competition just plain fun. Thanks for bringing back the memories everyone enjoyed as kids :o)

29. Carol
    June 2, 2015 at 5:58 pm (4 years ago)

Summer nights playing “SPUD” – one person would throw the ball as high in the air as they could. The person who was it had to catch the ball. As soon as the ball was caught, the other players had to stop where they were. The person who was it would then take four of the biggest steps he/she could to spell out S-P-U-D. He/she would throw the ball and try to hit one of the other players. If he/she was hit, he/she would become it!

30. preço logotipos
    September 16, 2018 at 9:52 am (1 year ago)

impressive website you take care of here. Just discovered you using yahoo! appreciated all you enthusiams into this website.