Streamline Your Digital Workspace

Have you ever given any thought to cleaning up your digital workspace? You can spend hours reorganizing folders and categorizing designs but sometimes it’s best to start on the Perfect Embroidery Pro, My Block Piecer or My Quilt Embellisher screen your currently working in. What is there to clean up? The thread chips at the bottom of the window. Sounds silly, right? Well, removing the excess thread chips at the bottom of the screen helps me focus. Let me show you what I mean.

I dragged one of December’s free designs onto the workspace. Notice the 11 color chips in the thread tray. The design is only three colors so I find all of those excess chips to be distracting, unnecessary clutter.Thread1

First, I clicked on the minus sign to remove all excess chips.Thread2

Now, only three chips remain in the tray.Thread3

I’m going to change the colors to reflect a warm, tropical climate (like the one Stitching Sisters are going to enjoy on our February 2016 cruise – join us!) First, click on a chip to see the thread palette.Thread4

At the top of the thread palette click on the brand to access the thread you have in your sewing room.   Thread5

Once you set this brand, the palette will always default to that brand although you can reset it anytime you’d like. Simplifying the thread tray makes it easy to see what threads I need to collect from stash of thread. It’s a simple step that points you into the direction of a clean, efficient workspace.

7 Comments on Streamline Your Digital Workspace

1. Dottie Kirkwood
    June 13, 2015 at 4:59 pm (4 years ago)

I learn sooooo much from you. Thank you. It’s a real pleasure.
    Sure do like the DIME software. So user-friendly.

• eileenroche
      June 13, 2015 at 6:09 pm (4 years ago)

You’re welcome! Glad to hear you’re enjoying the software, Dottie.

2. Sharron
    June 14, 2015 at 8:03 am (4 years ago)

Love this blog. Always so informative. So glad to hear we now have an Inspiratons dealer in the Arlington area. This is Great. After spending thousands of dollars on embroidery software over the past 10-15 years I have finally found one that I use and was not mind boggling. Love Perfect Embroidery Pro and all the others you have come out with for us. Thanks again and look forward to learning more with each blog.

3. Laurie
    June 14, 2015 at 9:03 am (4 years ago)

Eileen, where do I get your Perfect embroidery pro? I don’t see on your web sight! Love all you do to keep us informed!

June 14, 2015 at 2:56 pm (4 years ago)

Thanks for all the info you share. I learned so much from you at Nancy’s Notions.

5. barbara asberry
    June 27, 2015 at 11:19 am (4 years ago)

love to read all the comments, So glad that you share so much for every one. barb a