Open a new file in Inspirations’ Word Art in Stitches lettering program. Word Art in Stitches is only available at Inspirations brick and mortar dealers.
- Select the artwork outline. I chose a sewing machine from the hundreds of options.
- Select how you want the border to appear: run, steil stitch or no visible outline. I like the steil.
- Type in the words. Skip prepositions, just insert a few words. I typed in Word Art Stitches after removing the default My Text.
- Select the font. You can choose one or create custom combinations. The software forces a mini font into the list. This is a very helpful safety net as the words can get quite small.
- Select a thread palette. There are a dozen to choose from and you can create custom palettes.
- Select from several small designs to add additional embellishment.
- Apply is where the magic happens. Click Apply to view your work. Continue to click to see random creations. Once you see one you like, click Ok because you won’t see it again!
If you’d like to tweak the design (and who can’t leave well enough alone?), select the design, right mouse click and select Ungroup. Select the Text icon and click on each individual word to make any changes you’d like. You have so much freedom in Word Art in Stitches, you’ll find yourself decorating everything with bubble text!