Importing Artwork in Word Art in Stitches

It’s very easy to create your own bubbles with your own artwork in Inspirations’ Word Art in Stitches.. Let me show you how.

Open a new file (File, New). Select Import Artwork from the File menu.File1BL

Select an artwork file from your computer (navigate to different areas of your hard drive by clicking on the arrow at the top of the box (Look In).  You can import the following formats: AI, EPS, EMF, WMF, DXF, PLT, SVF and FCM.  I settled for a tomato in the WMF format.  Select the file and click on open.File2BL

The image appears on the screen. In the Sequence box, you’ll see the different colors that make up this drawing.File3BL

Bubble art requires one color, an outline, so I’ll remove all of the interior colors. Select the colors in the Sequence box and hit delete on the keyboard.File4BL

Now I have a black tomato, not an outline.File5BL

No worries, the software will automatically outline it.  Select the tomato and click on the Bubble Text icon.File6BL

The outline appears in the Bubble Text window. To fill the bubble, I chose a run stitch outline, typed in Tomato in the Words box, selected a Red color scheme and clicked Apply.File8BL

It was that easy!File9BL

11 Comments on Importing Artwork in Word Art in Stitches

1. Doree shandera
    August 16, 2015 at 12:05 am (4 years ago)

Where can I purchase “word art” in western Washington?

• eileenroche
      August 17, 2015 at 11:34 am (4 years ago)

Visit our dealer locator page and enter your zip code in the field. The closest dealer will be highlighted on the map. Copy this link into your browser:

• Doree shandera
        August 17, 2015 at 7:35 pm (4 years ago)

Thank you, I can’t wait to start using it.

• Aslan
      July 16, 2016 at 1:36 pm (3 years ago)

There are no words to describe how boocdiaus this is.

October 23, 2016 at 8:32 pm (3 years ago)

What a wonderful idea! Hurray for you Elizabeth! Being a huge fan of kids art, I’m going to check in to the gallery regularly.Eddie’s drawing is soo gorgeous.you rock xo

• baufinanzierung zinsen
      January 25, 2017 at 8:27 am (3 years ago)

Thanks for taking the time to post. It’s lifted the level of debate

2. Maga
    August 16, 2015 at 1:22 am (4 years ago)

It looks like the software is great fun. Are the alphabets used built-in so they are manually digitized alphas or are they just auto created from fonts . It would be interesting to see how well the designs stitch out.

• eileenroche
      August 17, 2015 at 11:35 am (4 years ago)

The built-in fonts are manually-digitized so you can expect professional results.

3. June Neville
    August 25, 2015 at 10:15 am (4 years ago)

I saw that the retail cost is $200.00. Where can I purchase this product for $50-100 dolars over retail cost? Thank you for your insight. June

4. Darlene Bares
    November 21, 2015 at 10:48 am (4 years ago)

I used a Fcm file after I click on bubble text my artwork doesn’t show in box and I don’t have option that says from selection . So my text doesn’t fill my design. All I have are the options from software. It’s not pulling my design to add my text. What am I doing wrong