Text on a Path

One of my favorite things about using digitizing software is learning new shortcuts. For years, I’ve been creating text on a path in a rather laborious method. But now, thanks to Ashley Jones, Inspirations education consultant, I’ve learned a time-saving method and I think you’re going to love it.

In Inspirations’ Perfect Embroidery Pro, draw your shape. Select the Artwork tool, and Ellipse.  Path1

Left mouse click and drag to draw an oval.  Select the Shape tool and grab the handles on one node to turn the oval into a balloon.  Path2

Move the node on the right towards the center. Path3

Drag the handle on the node to make a paisley shape.  The paisley shape should measure approximately 3.25″ x 2.25″.Path4Select the Text tool and click on the screen. In the properties box, type the message on one line.  In the font selection window, scroll down to the mini-fonts and select Bauhaus.  Click Apply. Path5

Click on the Select tool. On the keyboard, hit CTRL and A to highlight the artwork and the text. Left mouse click to view your options and select Text on a Path. Path6

Boom! The software does all the work for you! Path7

If you have some open space, add a series of periods to fill the gap. Select the Text tool and type multiple periods at the end of the line of text. Click Apply.  Path8

Rotate the design, change the color and there and you have it! Path9

Thanks for sharing that trick Ashley!

9 Comments on Text on a Path

1. Shelia Moreno
    November 15, 2015 at 4:23 am (4 years ago)

Thank you! thank you! Eileen…This is exactly what I have been looking for!
    You are WONDERFUL!!

• Elina Rodriguez
      November 15, 2015 at 7:47 am (4 years ago)

Thank you, I was trying to do the text on path and it was coming out funky. Thanks again this was great.

2. Francine Meyer-Drasutis
    November 15, 2015 at 3:53 pm (4 years ago)

I’m so bummed I cant get it to work. I’ve tried for three hours. If I cant figure it out by the time of the cruise with you, will you help me figure it out?

• Katie Harper
      November 15, 2015 at 6:05 pm (4 years ago)

I found there is one step missing. When you create the text, before you hit Apply, change the text pulled to Path. Then do the Ctrl A and Right click and the Text on Path option shows up.

• Katie Harper
        November 15, 2015 at 6:07 pm (4 years ago)

Sorry I should have said the Type pulldown in the Text properties window.

3. JudiC
    November 17, 2015 at 8:26 am (4 years ago)

where o where can 1 purhase PEP? I have checked the DME store for almost a year now & it is not sold there :o(

• Francine Meyer-Drasutis
      November 19, 2015 at 8:22 pm (4 years ago)

Judic I’ve seen them in stores that sell Babylock or Brother sewing machines.

4. Sharron Prickett
    November 29, 2018 at 2:51 pm (12 months ago)

Good software tip. Thanks Eileen and Ashley.

5. overunity machine pursued by professor
    December 17, 2018 at 8:58 pm (11 months ago)

Green living ideas are essential in showing people how to conserve
    energy and turn that conservation into meaningful
    energy savings. If you’d like to learn what the power companies, the green builders, and
    other so-called green thinkers aren’t letting you know wouldn’t that be worth a couple of minutes
    of your time to discover out. You can find out a little
    more about how this renewable power system works inside my website link below.