Turn Your Embroidery Machine Into a Longarm

If you want to successfully quilt with your machine, you have to learn the secrets to controlling the process.  In my class, Turn Your Embroidery Machine Into a Longarm at Wisconsin Quilt Expo Sept. 7-9, you’ll learn why handling your quilt like this is a recipe for disaster:

I’ll also share why having two versions of a continuous design, not just mirror-imaged, makes connecting designs a breeze.

And what to do when you have a thread break in the middle of a design.

Most of all, I’ll show you how to get your embroidery machine to do what you want it to do!

I hope you’ll join me in Turn Your Embroidery Machine into a Longarm, at 1:00 every day at the Wisconsin Quilt Expo, Madison, WI, Sept.7-9.

I’m really looking forward to this quilt show because I’ve been spending too much time in my office and studio!  It’ll be great to meet and chat with other embroiderers/quilters/sewists. Hope to see you there!

If you purchase your tickets online before the big event, you’ll save $2.00 per lecture.  Hurry – seats are going…

22 Comments on Turn Your Embroidery Machine Into a Longarm

1. Brenda Aigner
    August 19, 2017 at 11:15 pm (2 years ago)

I would love to see this presentation, but going to Wisconsin right now is not a possibility. Is there any chance of this being repeated in the Dallas , Tx area.

2. Elaine
    August 20, 2017 at 4:31 am (2 years ago)

I would love to see this presentation but unable to get time off from work. Will there be a video for those of us that are not able to go to Wisconsin?

• Susan
      August 21, 2017 at 12:50 pm (2 years ago)

would love to see this presentation but unable so go to Wisconsin will there be a DVD available ?

3. Louise Jennings
    August 20, 2017 at 6:48 am (2 years ago)

As Elaine, I am interested in a video class seeing this presentation.

4. Shirley Thomas
    August 20, 2017 at 7:52 am (2 years ago)

I’m interested in a video class, too

5. Betty M Monroe
    August 20, 2017 at 8:56 am (2 years ago)

I also would love to see this on a DVD or perhaps a Craftsy class or one of your own.

6. Shirley Weaver
    August 20, 2017 at 9:11 am (2 years ago)

I would to see this presentation. Is there a web class in the works?

7. Anna
    August 20, 2017 at 9:14 am (2 years ago)

YES! Just what I need and surely many, many others not fortunate enough to be able to attend Nancy’s Quilt Expo!

8. Thurma Livingston-Morrison
    August 20, 2017 at 9:36 am (2 years ago)

I’m putting my vote in with the other ladies. I live in NV and getting to WI is not an option for me at this time, but I’d love to be able to learn your method.

9. Alicia Coke
    August 20, 2017 at 10:41 am (2 years ago)

I’m with the others who have commented on wanting an online class, or better yet, a DVD so I have it for future reference. I’m disabled and in serious chronic pain with chronic fatigue.
    Please consider our requests. I’d Love to be in your audience but don’t see that happening even if you come to Texas.
    Thanks for allowing for comments!
    Lisa

10. Gayle
    August 20, 2017 at 10:42 am (2 years ago)

Living in South Africa a video class will really allow international viewing of the class

11. Rebecca E.
    August 20, 2017 at 1:16 pm (2 years ago)

I’ll add one more vote for a DVD or video class! I’m in western Kansas, a little closer than some I agree but health, car and financial constraints would keep me from attending this class.

• Brenda
      August 20, 2017 at 9:27 pm (2 years ago)

Thank you!

12. Courtney
    August 20, 2017 at 10:01 pm (2 years ago)

I very interested in seeing the video.

13. Courtney
    August 20, 2017 at 10:03 pm (2 years ago)

I very interested in seeing the video. Seeing different things on the embroidery machine that I can do

14. vik
    August 21, 2017 at 1:40 am (2 years ago)

I am in Australia – a bit to far to come so would love a video class or some other means of passing on the information.

15. Karen Sopjes
    August 21, 2017 at 7:59 pm (2 years ago)

I just finished a quilt using a design from your book. The quilt was star blocks so I used the star design.

16. Patricia Johnston
    August 24, 2017 at 7:24 pm (2 years ago)

Please reduce or remove the volume for this webpage. The single note played at intervals during the music gets to be really annoying if you are reading multiple posts or, as is the case for me, I was watching the video mentioned in this post, not realizing it was the sound for this page and getting very annoyed when the music overrode the voices.

• Patricia Johnston
      August 24, 2017 at 7:32 pm (2 years ago)

I owe you an apology! I’m so embarrassed to admit the annoying sound was from a game that I had running. I had turned the sound off of it, but somehow, it forgot this setting when I opened it today. Again, I’m so sorry and so embarrassed!

17. اغانى
    August 29, 2017 at 8:36 pm (2 years ago)

What’s up,I log on to your blogs named “Turn Your Embroidery Machine Into a Longarm – Eileen’s Machine Embroidery Blog” regularly.Your story-telling style is awesome, keep doing what you’re doing! And you can look our website about اغانى.