Software Questions? Read on…

It’s been a fun journey hosting Software Saturday for the past five years. I’ve covered many of Inspirations’ software programs with primary focus on Perfect Embroidery Pro. In order to continue offering educational content, I’d love to hear your thoughts on future lessons for Inspirations software programs.

I know a blog is fairly one-sided but I do read all of the comments and use that information to create new posts.

Please leave a comment below and tell me what Inspirations’ software you’d like to see discussed on Software Saturday. Perfect Embroidery Pro, My Block Piecer, My Quilt Embellisher, Word Art in Stitches, My Fabric Designer, Vintage Embroidery Software or My Quilt Planner? And what topics would you like covered?

You input matters – so take a moment and share your thoughts – let’s make 2019 the year to master the software you’ve invested in.

51 Comments on Software Questions? Read on…

1. Debbie
    January 12, 2019 at 10:16 pm (11 months ago)

I would like more on my quilt planner

2. Ella rademacher
    January 12, 2019 at 10:27 pm (11 months ago)

Berina version 8

3. Kate Jensen
    January 12, 2019 at 11:29 pm (11 months ago)

Unfortunately, I only have PEP right now, but I never know where to start/begin a complex design. What’s the reasoning behind that decision? I also still dont get what the purpose of the manual stitch is for.

• eileenroche
      January 13, 2019 at 4:11 pm (11 months ago)

Kate, that’s am excellent question – where to start? I’ll address that in the coming weeks.

4. Cyrill
    January 12, 2019 at 11:43 pm (11 months ago)

Vintage software and word art. I still like all the Perfect Embroidery help too!

5. Laurie
    January 13, 2019 at 12:38 am (11 months ago)

I’d like to see more on Vintage. Also there are a lot of new sketch designs on the market. I’d like to see some tips on how to get a great stitch out with light fill designs and how to digitize them myself in PEP.

6. sophiajane moffit
    January 13, 2019 at 4:25 am (11 months ago)

I would like to do program that I use with pe10 program for brother10 needle machine

• eileenroche
      January 13, 2019 at 4:13 pm (11 months ago)

Sorry, Sophiajane, I don’t use PE Design. I suggest searching Brother’s website for information.

7. Kathy Beehler
    January 13, 2019 at 5:24 am (11 months ago)

I have followed you and the dear late Nancy Z for many years. BUT, I did not know of this blog about software. I only have the Bernina ArtLink for my Bernina 770QEE. Bernina 8 seemed like a lot of money for my usage, and the designs were not what I like at all. I like cute down to earth designs. I have an old version of Embrillance, but not even sure how to use it. I guess suggestions on what to use to view and use would be very helpful. Can we see old Software Saturday’s? I recently retired and have more time to explore hobbies now.

• eileenroche
      January 13, 2019 at 4:15 pm (11 months ago)

Kathy, at the top right of this page, you’ll find several search boxes. Click on the drop down arrow on the Categories and select Software Saturday. However, I only teach on the software that my company sells: Inspirations. I am not familiar with Bernina’s sofware or Embrilliance.

8. Charlene Moss
    January 13, 2019 at 5:54 am (11 months ago)

I only have pep, but appreciate all the help I can get

9. Francine Mollica
    January 13, 2019 at 6:07 am (11 months ago)

I only have Embrilliance Enthusiast and would always like to know how to use it better. Thanks

• eileenroche
      January 13, 2019 at 4:16 pm (11 months ago)

I believe you’ll find educational material for Embrilliance on their website.

10. Nancy Godwin
    January 13, 2019 at 6:13 am (11 months ago)

I just found this site. I have Bernina 6 and would love to know how to use it for more than transferring designs. Do you have links to your previous links?

11. Janet
    January 13, 2019 at 6:42 am (11 months ago)

I’d like to see more of the My Quilt Embellisher. Thanks!

12. Linda
    January 13, 2019 at 7:02 am (11 months ago)

I would love to find a way to make a chenille look in lettering! There is an Event called “Love Your Lettering”. It’s picture in the advertizement has letters that look like chenille but I guess they’re not because I can’t find anything anywhere that addresses that. Thank you

• eileenroche
      January 13, 2019 at 4:17 pm (11 months ago)

Linda, that’s letters look chenille but were created in Inspiration’s Vintage Embroidery Software. If you attend the Love Your Lettering class, you’ll learn lots of tricks and techniques for all types of lettering – from micro to maxi, applique to puffy and more. Definitely worth attending!

13. Betty
    January 13, 2019 at 7:19 am (11 months ago)

More on Word Art in Stitches. I know when it first came out there were promises of many articles.

14. Diana Duggin
    January 13, 2019 at 7:34 am (11 months ago)

I have the PEP also would love to upgrade it, but no one could tell me know to buy the upgrade.

• Melinda Dahl
      January 20, 2019 at 1:46 am (11 months ago)

Every time there is a upgrade / update all the DIME Inspiration software including PEP will ask you if you want to upgrade now (free). Also under one of the tabs at the top you can check if there are any available.

15. Elizabeth Whitaker
    January 13, 2019 at 7:37 am (11 months ago)

I copied this comment, perfect suggestion!

16. Kathy
    January 13, 2019 at 7:56 am (11 months ago)

Would love more Word Art in Stitches. I keep looking for educational events on your site but nothing is in my area. Articles in the blog would be so welcome!!

17. Jacqueline Jarboe
    January 13, 2019 at 8:09 am (11 months ago)

I would like to see Pes software or its equivalent when you use embrillance. We all don’t have em brilliance. I stopped subscribing because of that.

• eileenroche
      January 13, 2019 at 4:20 pm (11 months ago)

Jacqueline, I am an expert on the Inspirations line of software so that’s the information I share here.

18. Carolyn
    January 13, 2019 at 9:26 am (11 months ago)

Quilt planner please. I think that one has been left behind.

19. Sharon
    January 13, 2019 at 9:43 am (11 months ago)

Where can I find the Saturday Software lessons?

• eileenroche
      January 13, 2019 at 4:21 pm (11 months ago)

Sharon, at the top right of the page, search in the Category search box for Software Saturday. You’ll find all software posts there.

20. Jan Shaw
    January 13, 2019 at 10:04 am (11 months ago)

perfect embroidery pro

January 13, 2019 at 10:44 am (11 months ago)

I just got My Block Piecer recently and don’t know where to start. I’m especially interested in learning how to use it with my Brother Scan N Cut SDX225.

• eileenroche
      January 13, 2019 at 4:21 pm (11 months ago)

Great suggestion, Karen.

22. Marti Morgan
    January 13, 2019 at 10:57 am (11 months ago)

PEP I know that I do not use it to it’s full potential, and I would love to see how I could make it interact with my Scan n Cut. I have a difficult time getting my cutouts to be a “bit” bigger than the tack down and satin stitches.

23. Sue L
    January 13, 2019 at 11:03 am (11 months ago)

I have Perfect Embroidery Pro. I like to get the tips on some of the easy to use options (like scatter and Dimension effect for motif fills). The tips usually inspire me to open up the software to play and create!

24. Kay
    January 13, 2019 at 11:59 am (11 months ago)

I would love to learn more about Quilt Embellisher. I purchased it with my Block Piecer and have hardly used it. I have PEP and use it a lot. I would say I am pretty proficient at it. Would like to say that about MQE.

25. Shelley B Fine
    January 13, 2019 at 12:03 pm (11 months ago)

Word Art is my u could use this program more & then show how the same technique could be enhanced in your PEP software, that would be killing 2 birds!! Also, I recently got the Emoji software. While very cute, I can’t really change much in it; meaning if I want 2 different eyes, or move the “details” around to where I would like to place them. A tutorial on how this can be enhanced would be great!

26. Pat Black
    January 13, 2019 at 12:03 pm (11 months ago)

Bought Embird Studio many years ago, but have a mental block when I attempt to use it.

27. Elizabeth
    January 13, 2019 at 1:33 pm (11 months ago)

I guess I don’t understand why questions are being asked about software other than those listed above in the intro to this part of the blog..PEP, Word art in Stitches, etc. I would also like more lessons on using Word Art in Stitches. Also there has been fewer and fewer videos being offered on PEP compared to previous years.

28. Diane Mettler
    January 13, 2019 at 1:48 pm (11 months ago)

I really like the Software discussions for Perfect Embroidery Pro as I am trying to learn all I can about how to use the program.

29. Mary Chevalier
    January 13, 2019 at 3:06 pm (11 months ago)

I have owned My Quilt Embellisher for a long time, but have not been able to get started with it. Please help.

• eileenroche
      January 13, 2019 at 4:23 pm (11 months ago)

Sounds like you’re not the only one! Look for tutorials on that coming this year.

30. Sherry Wallace
    January 14, 2019 at 8:01 am (11 months ago)

I would love to learn more about My Block Piecer, I purchased a while back but still have questions. I just purchased Word Art in Stitches. I am going to an event in February and thinking about Vintage Embroidery… So, would love to hear more about all of these!
    Thank you!

31. Kay Simolke
    January 14, 2019 at 9:19 am (11 months ago)

More Articles on general usage of PEP…I loved article on nap control stitches. Your software is superior on this. I have several that do the same thing, but yours is the BEST! Also would love articles on Word Art to Stitches and the Photo Stitch software. Love your blog! Keep up the good work!

32. June
    January 14, 2019 at 9:28 am (11 months ago)

Word art in stitches. Only own
    Photo stitch. Would like to purchase some day. Own customizer. Program.

33. Colleen Bell
    January 14, 2019 at 10:12 am (11 months ago)

Eileen, thank you so much for asking. I only have PEP and save all your blog posts in a tab with my printed PEP manual as I refer to them all the time and just love them, but you do leave me wanting more.

I do think starting at the beginning of the manual and working through it is awesome, but the focus of becoming the best digitizer ever. This way it would pick up those that have never tackled an area and expand on those that have some skill. For example, you could do a running stitch with basic instructions, but explain how to take it to professional level or what problems your’ve encountered.

34. Jackie Szczepanik
    January 14, 2019 at 3:29 pm (11 months ago)

I have PEP and would like to see how to digitize more open embroidery. I have enjoyed playing with projection

35. Shelly Carn
    January 19, 2019 at 5:52 pm (11 months ago)

My Quilt Planner and My Quilt Embellisher would be great…I have a Short-E and would like to begin using it, but only saw the how to at an Event, and am having trouble with the logistics on my own…

36. Theresa
    January 19, 2019 at 8:07 pm (11 months ago)

I am fairly new to machine embroidery and would love some sort of overview of the types of software that is available and what each type offers.

37. Melinda Dahl
    January 20, 2019 at 1:57 am (11 months ago)

I would like to learn how to put my own custom thread colors into the programs (list of thread colors I own – multi brands). Thank you.

38. Luvenia Fogle
    February 7, 2019 at 6:56 pm (10 months ago)

Its one of my favorite one!

39. Kate Jensen
    March 26, 2019 at 5:22 pm (9 months ago)

I just thought of something else! I would love to learn how to create Cutwork designs and FSL designs.

40. Jill Thurmond
    November 24, 2019 at 7:36 pm (3 weeks ago)

I would love to learn more about My Fabric Designer please.