We hope you enjoyed our second Facebook live this week but due to technical difficulties we decided to re-shoot a video just for the blog! Take a look below to learn more about magnetic hoops and why you shouldn’t be afraid of the Snap Hoop Monster.

13 Comments on Facebook LIVE Tutorial on Conquering Your Fear of the Snap Hoop Monster: Magnetic Hooping

1. Mary
    February 7, 2019 at 4:44 pm (1 week ago)

Great video. I was just looking to buy one.
    Can i use this hoop with my Babylock Ellisimo.

2. Mary
    February 7, 2019 at 4:47 pm (1 week ago)

What is the easiest software to use with my Babylock Ellisimo. I would like to use it to do knockdown stitches with initial placement on the top and maybe for resizing.

• eileenroche
      February 8, 2019 at 8:40 am (1 week ago)

Hi Mary,
      I can only give you my biased opinion which is Inspirations’ Perfect Embroidery Pro. My company sells this product and it is the software I use everyday. You can learn more here: https://www.inspiredbydime.com/

3. Anne Maxeiner
    February 7, 2019 at 7:38 pm (1 week ago)

I love my hoops and they work great

• eileenroche
      February 8, 2019 at 8:40 am (1 week ago)

Glad to hear it, Anne!

4. Marti Morgan
    February 8, 2019 at 10:33 am (1 week ago)

I love my Monster Hoops – sometimes just wish they were even stronger magnetically – sometimes when I am quilting I can get slippage, good thing no one will see them if I don’t point them out.

• eileenroche
      February 8, 2019 at 5:10 pm (1 week ago)

Hi Marti, the key to success when quilting with Snap Hoop Monster is maintaining the weight of the quilt. If you don’t keep the bulk of the quilt ABOVE the machine bed, the hoop will shift just like the inner ring of a standard hoop will pop out of the outer ring.

I presented a webinar on Sulky’s website discussing this very problem. You can view it here (free!) https://goto.webcasts.com/starthere.jsp?ei=1138339&tp_key=3afdc9aa2f&sti=eduction_webinar_banner

5. Ella
    February 8, 2019 at 3:54 pm (1 week ago)

I have slippage with these hoops

• eileenroche
      February 8, 2019 at 5:13 pm (1 week ago)

Ella, magnetic hoops were not meant to replace standard hoops but when used properly they are ideal. No hoop burn, speed hooping and ease of adjusting placement. We’ll be posting more about using magnetic hoops in the future – hopefully, you’ll find solutions to your situation.

6. Donna Fecteau
    February 8, 2019 at 4:01 pm (1 week ago)

These hoops are on my wish list.

7. SL
    February 9, 2019 at 11:10 am (1 week ago)

Thanks for the video. I’ve been thinking about getting one of these hoops for some time and now I have a big digital print quilt that needs quilting. Sounds like the perfect reason to go and get this hoop.

8. Norma
    February 10, 2019 at 7:44 pm (1 week ago)

Are you going to make a magnetic hoop for the Janome?