We hope you enjoyed our second Facebook live this week but due to technical difficulties we decided to re-shoot a video just for the blog! Take a look below to learn more about magnetic hoops and why you shouldn’t be afraid of the Snap Hoop Monster.

19 Comments on Facebook LIVE Tutorial on Conquering Your Fear of the Snap Hoop Monster: Magnetic Hooping

1. Mary
    February 7, 2019 at 4:44 pm (2 months ago)

Great video. I was just looking to buy one.
    Can i use this hoop with my Babylock Ellisimo.

2. Mary
    February 7, 2019 at 4:47 pm (2 months ago)

What is the easiest software to use with my Babylock Ellisimo. I would like to use it to do knockdown stitches with initial placement on the top and maybe for resizing.

• eileenroche
      February 8, 2019 at 8:40 am (2 months ago)

Hi Mary,
      I can only give you my biased opinion which is Inspirations’ Perfect Embroidery Pro. My company sells this product and it is the software I use everyday. You can learn more here: https://www.inspiredbydime.com/

3. Anne Maxeiner
    February 7, 2019 at 7:38 pm (2 months ago)

I love my hoops and they work great

• eileenroche
      February 8, 2019 at 8:40 am (2 months ago)

Glad to hear it, Anne!

4. Marti Morgan
    February 8, 2019 at 10:33 am (2 months ago)

I love my Monster Hoops – sometimes just wish they were even stronger magnetically – sometimes when I am quilting I can get slippage, good thing no one will see them if I don’t point them out.

• eileenroche
      February 8, 2019 at 5:10 pm (2 months ago)

Hi Marti, the key to success when quilting with Snap Hoop Monster is maintaining the weight of the quilt. If you don’t keep the bulk of the quilt ABOVE the machine bed, the hoop will shift just like the inner ring of a standard hoop will pop out of the outer ring.

I presented a webinar on Sulky’s website discussing this very problem. You can view it here (free!) https://goto.webcasts.com/starthere.jsp?ei=1138339&tp_key=3afdc9aa2f&sti=eduction_webinar_banner

5. Ella
    February 8, 2019 at 3:54 pm (2 months ago)

I have slippage with these hoops

• eileenroche
      February 8, 2019 at 5:13 pm (2 months ago)

Ella, magnetic hoops were not meant to replace standard hoops but when used properly they are ideal. No hoop burn, speed hooping and ease of adjusting placement. We’ll be posting more about using magnetic hoops in the future – hopefully, you’ll find solutions to your situation.

6. Donna Fecteau
    February 8, 2019 at 4:01 pm (2 months ago)

These hoops are on my wish list.

7. SL
    February 9, 2019 at 11:10 am (2 months ago)

Thanks for the video. I’ve been thinking about getting one of these hoops for some time and now I have a big digital print quilt that needs quilting. Sounds like the perfect reason to go and get this hoop.

8. Norma
    February 10, 2019 at 7:44 pm (2 months ago)

Are you going to make a magnetic hoop for the Janome?

9. hire-a-resume-writer
    February 20, 2019 at 7:46 am (2 months ago)

Thanks for the notification, I will be checking the tutorial you shared above. The secret of such a magnetic hoop is in the patented design.

10. Jean
    February 23, 2019 at 8:34 am (2 months ago)

I would like to see an 8×8 monster hoop for Bernina and Pfaff. Thanks.

11. smart remedies for ones body and soul
    February 27, 2019 at 7:20 am (2 months ago)

Of course, I enjoyed your second Facebook live this week, but it is cool that you decided to re-shoot a video just for the blog. It means that you take care of people following you. They watch your video and get useful tips.

12. Mary Louise Chittenden
    February 28, 2019 at 10:54 am (2 months ago)

I have a pacemaker. Can I use a magnetic hoop?

13. pink sheets
    March 14, 2019 at 2:35 pm (1 month ago)

Howdy! Quick question that’s totally off topic.
    Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My site looks weird when browsing from my iphone.
    I’m trying to find a theme or plugin that might be able
    to resolve this problem. If you have any suggestions, please
    share. With thanks!