Here’s a tutorial on a fast easy centerpiece. You can stitch this in about two hours, and then just slip your potted plant, floral bouquet or a glass vase of sparkly Christmas ornaments inside the tube. It’s a fast and easy way to dress up your table.
- Stipple! Jingle Bells Collection
- One 9” x 30” quilt sandwich. For best results, measure your 5” x 7” hoop and cut your quilt sandwich 4” wider than the hoop.
- Appliqué fabrics: green, red, white, yellow and soft gray
- One 6 ½” x 22” strip of lining fabric
- Four 1” x 6” sashing strips
- One 2 ½” x 25” binding strip
- Flour 4 ½” squares of cardboard or heavy duty cardstock
Stitch four Stipple! Jingle Bell blocks on the quilt sandwich, spacing the blocks 1” apart. Follow the color sequence instructions included in the Jingle Bell CD for making each block. Trim the blocks with ¼” seam allowance on all four sides.
Sew one sashing strip to the right edge of the first block, right sides together, and ¼” seam allowance.
Sew the second block to the sashing strip.
Add another sashing strip to the right edge of the second block. Repeat for all four blocks.
Sew the last block to the first block, creating a tube.
Bind the top edge. Set aside.
Fold and press under ½” on one long end of the 6 ½” x 22” lining strip. Sew the short ends of the strip, right sides together. Topstitch the folded edge.
Fold the lining strip into quarters and mark with pins. Place the lining strip over the quilted tube, aligning the bottom raw edges and matching the quarter marks to the sashing strips.
Sew with ¼” seam allowance.
Turn, press. Pin the lining at the sashing strips.
Stitch in the center of each sashing strip.
Insert card board squares.
Fold into a square; insert a candle or small plant.